Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th August 2020, 01:12   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Well the empathy comment was just for the senior citizen's case. They could have been given relief, especially in these tough times.

For all the other points, I whole heartedly agree. Sadly, this is the new normal for salaried people. Be ready to shell out >50% of your income as taxes. And then our Govt. wonders why only 1.5cr pay "income" tax out of 130cr
Oh I totally agree with you on the Senior Citizen's case. With limited use this would just be an unnecessary expenditure for them.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 01:35   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Some senior citizens had appealed to NGT to reconsider the decision for vehicles registered on their names as most don't use it beyond a 5-10km radius from home, on a daily/weekly basis.

Such a treatment after having worked their whole life. Honestly paying their share of taxes to the Govt for 30+ years. There is no empathy left anywhere in our country.
I am totally against this stupid illogical rule but keeping that aside, there cannot be such provisions allowed. These will all be loopholes and me and you both know how everyone will make use of this rule by trying every trick in the book to register their cars in names of senior citizens that they can manage to find. Surely the RTOs or the cops cannot ever ensure fair implementation of such provisions.
drmohitg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 02:43   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am totally against this stupid illogical rule but keeping that aside, there cannot be such provisions allowed. These will all be loopholes and me and you both know how everyone will make use of this rule by trying every trick in the book to register their cars in names of senior citizens that they can manage to find. Surely the RTOs or the cops cannot ever ensure fair implementation of such provisions.
Agree about people trying to find loop holes.

However, this would have been fairly easy to implement. The appeal was anyway for vehicles approaching the 15 yr mark. They could have set a cutoff date (like beginning of 2020) on which the vehicle must have been on a senior citizen's name to qualify for an extension. Only 1 vehicle for a person would qualify etc. But alas, rather than putting any thought to it, NGT summarily rejected the plea.
Old 18th August 2020, 14:51   #184
Senior - BHPian

With the BS-6 norms & much cleaner diesels the NGT regulations should be scrapped (only for BS-6 & later cleaner engines) IMO.

In fact the Euro6 diesels are cleaner, plus the demand for diesels has gone down in UK that CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) pollution, caused by petrol engines is on rise.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 21:27   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

For everyone who has a 10-15 year old diesel, Delhi registered. There is still hope for you. First, check on vaahan portal to see if there is a de-registered notice against your number.
If there isn't, then move to the next step.
Find an address from an acquaintance in one of the districts mentioned in the attached order. THIS ORDER IS STILL VALID. I'VE CHECKED. You can transfer only to addresses in these districts.
Once you have the address, then apply for noc and the normal process to sell to this address. You'll have to take your car to the location and the Rto to register your car, transfer it. Get a new number, pay the tax. For UP it's about 1lac total cost to be paid at the rto. Then you can register again in haryan, UP or wherever you can have an address not in Delhi.

This is possible, I've been running pillar to post at IP estate to get this done, but unfortunately my car has a de-registered status against it, and there's only 12 days left for it to complete 15 years.

PS: I can't do anything about fixing the de-registered status. But even if your car has one, it might by possible to get that fixed by submitting an application at the NIC desk at your Delhi Rto.

I hope this helps.
Remember my sacrifice.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Delhi order.pdf (469.6 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by mayankk : 18th August 2020 at 21:35.
mayankk is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 21:57   #186
BHPian

My 2 cents for all of you caught in this weird and uncalled for rigmarole , the list of RTO"s in UP which will accept NCR diesel ( and Petrol ) rejects .
Which I guess is there in the Attachment Mayankk shared .
Attached Thumbnails
Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR-whatsapp-image-20200811-12.58.07-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by wbd8779 : 18th August 2020 at 21:59.
wbd8779 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 22:05   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This is possible, I've been running pillar to post at IP estate to get this done, but unfortunately my car has a de-registered status against it, and there's only 12 days left for it to complete 15 years.
So what are you planning to do next? Risk it and continue to use or scrap ?
Old 18th August 2020, 22:12   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My office is about 5 kms from my home, and the road is such that there are no cops, checkpoints, red lights, nothing. So I suppose I will continue to use it. My insurance is valid till end of September.
After that I don't think I'll be able to get any coverage. Even third party would need valid RC,no??
I won't drive without insurance, and if I'm not able to get third party coverage, then it's off to one of the authorised vendors in mayapuri. Pity. She's been good to me. Took me to Spiti and jaisalmer without a hiccup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
My Advise to mayankk will be to really try and get an NOC , with a UP address proof that might just be possible , you will have to convince them to remove it from the deregistered list however .
But how? The guys at the rto, and even a contact has said it takes at least 15 days. Once the RC expires, then it can't happen, right? RC expires on 27th of August. I had everything lined up, even a connect in khalilabad, sant Kabir nagar to transfer the car to. Had even put up a query on the ALE thread.

Last edited by mayankk : 18th August 2020 at 22:15.
mayankk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 22:12   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Problem is also that insurance will be void once the registration expires , I have a specimen of the same category on my parking . The Noida cops are pretty ameable , if the car looks expensive enough , but god forbid if you get into an accident , all hell will break loose .

NO insurance renewal available , not even 3rd party .

My Advise to mayankk will be to really try and get an NOC , with a UP address proof that might just be possible , you will have to convince them to remove it from the deregistered list however .

Last edited by wbd8779 : 18th August 2020 at 22:13.
Old 18th August 2020, 22:17   #190
BHPian

Quote:
...Risk it and continue to use or scrap ?
If it is anyway going to be scrapped, better risk and drive around. If caught, give the keys to Cops. They will impound it and give you a challan. Keep it. Forget car. Now its their duty to scrap it, you have a proof that you were going to scrap the vehicle when they impounded it. So you are saved of hassles of scrapping yourself, informing rto, destroying number plate etc.

Does it look reasonable? Thinking!

---------------
Quote:
... pls be ready for a surprise that you would not appreciate for a long time ... proof that one was going to scrap a car just when the cops caught hold of one...
Insurance bit is toughest thing. However, proving scrap story is not difficult ... don't want to discuss here

I think it is better to sell by Kgs and get whatever value you can. Maybe sell parts by parts :(

There was a talk of giving "scrapping certificate" and discount on next car purchase from central ministry, that too doesn't seem to happen.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 18th August 2020 at 22:33. Reason: Combined posts
Old 18th August 2020, 22:21   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
If it is anyway going to be scrapped, better risk and drive around. If caught, give the keys to Cops. They will impound it and give you a challan. Keep it. Forget car. Now its their duty to scrap it, you have a proof that you were going to scrap the vehicle when they impounded it. So you are saved of hassles of scrapping yourself, informing rto, destroying number plate etc.

Does it look reasonable? Thinking!

-BJ
And just in case you have a accident , pls be ready for a surprise that you would not appreciate for a long time .

And pls guide how one would have the proof that one was going to scrap a car just when the cops caught hold of one
Old 18th August 2020, 22:38   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And just in case you have a accident , pls be ready for a surprise that you would not appreciate for a long time .
Exactly. And trust the stars to make you have an accident the second your insurance expires. I make it a point to renew weeks in advance. Every other missing document in your car can be managed with money. But get into an accident without insurance, and you're done for.

Edit: OK, as per my insurance guy, third party coverage can be done when with expired RC. Will update.

Last edited by mayankk : 18th August 2020 at 22:46.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 13:36   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Exactly. And trust the stars to make you have an accident the second your insurance expires. I make it a point to renew weeks in advance. Every other missing document in your car can be managed with money. But get into an accident without insurance, and you're done for.

Edit: OK, as per my insurance guy, third party coverage can be done when with expired RC. Will update.
The insurance company will give you a policy or 3rd party coverage , but hidden in the fine print is a clause that the car should be deemed "roadworthy " when the said unfortunate incident has taken place

Alas , the expired RC means that it is illegal to drive and hence not roadworthy .

I have worked in the insurance space for more than 10 years , the associates and even the parent companies turn a blind eye and sell insurance to ineligible categories , and then throw the rule book at you .

Another update is that for UP , we apparently have to pay "Green Tax " which is 10% of the vehicles original tax amount , just spoke to someone who had a old Honda City transferred . I am also in the process ( from today ) of transferring one of my cars , will post the updates here as well for the benefit of all .
Old 19th August 2020, 13:43   #194
Team-BHP Support

For new diesel cars in Delhi NCR - is the road tax being collected for 10 years?

Or the usual 15 years?
Old 19th August 2020, 17:13   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
For new diesel cars in Delhi NCR - is the road tax being collected for 10 years?

Or the usual 15 years?
15 years... They don't give a damn to NGT ruling & apply logic that would mean lower revenue.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed