Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 10:18   #121

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
No you cannot run the car in Delhi NCR, regardless of its state of registration.

Having said that, wasn't there a reprieve given to vintage and classic cars? See if your car qualifies in that.
Some bhpian fellows stated on this thread or some other that the ban covers Delhi only and not the NCR. I can ply my car in Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida, Bahadurgarh without any fear. Can someone please share any copy of any circular stating this.

drmohitg i wish my car could qualify any of the categories stated above but sadly no. It is 97 model and will have to wait a lot to get there.
Old 30th September 2019, 10:25   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuneet View Post
Some bhpian fellows stated on this thread or some other that the ban covers Delhi only and not the NCR. I can ply my car in Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida, Bahadurgarh without any fear. Can someone please share any copy of any circular stating this.
You can do a simple google search and find this ruling. The rule applies to Delhi NCR but I believe is most stringently followed in Delhi. It is very similar to the sunfilm ban where also the rule was imposed in Delhi and few other cities but not uniformly across the country.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 10:40   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
As far as I'm aware, NOC could be obtained only before the registration expired. Since your registration has expired now, I don't think you'll be able to get a NOC, and without that, you won't be able to re-register it out of state.
Also, the general rule to transfer registration requires that the car have a valid registration. Since your registration has expired, you'd first have to renew the registration in your RTO before transferring it elsewhere, and re-registration is not allowed in Delhi NCR.
What you are saying is absolutely right but there is this agent in authority who is saying that he can still manage to get the noc to other state. Need to check with him again and how would he achieve this when my car's registration is not valid in first place.

But again the question is if he somehow manages to do this, would I be able to ply my car in Gurgaon? Anyone please share some document to support this rule.
Old 30th September 2019, 13:26   #124
BHPian

Fee to re-register cars older than 15 years likely to go up.

Read more at:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/71303149.cms
Old 30th September 2019, 14:23   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuneet View Post

But again the question is if he somehow manages to do this, would I be able to ply my car in Gurgaon? Anyone please share some document to support this rule.
https://www.telegraphindia.com/india...cr/cid/1672963

There you go. The ban is across NCR.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 14:36   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
https://www.telegraphindia.com/india...cr/cid/1672963

There you go. The ban is across NCR.
What about this, straight from the pony's mouth, though it is a year before the SC:
"No diesel vehicle over 10 years old will be permitted to ply in the NCT. The concerned authorities to take action against the defaulters," a bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar.

Link

Last edited by mayankk : 30th September 2019 at 14:54.
Old 30th September 2019, 15:11   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
What about this, straight from the pony's mouth, though it is a year before the SC:
"No diesel vehicle over 10 years old will be permitted to ply in the NCT. The concerned authorities to take action against the defaulters," a bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar.
. That is the joker that started this whole fiasco. So hopefully to put the discussion to rest, as of now, one cannot run a vehicle after the prescribed time limits across Delhi NCR. Getting caught depends on your luck and your area of residence as the definition of NCR is huge and policing would be quite different in different areas.

But do not lose hope as the GOI has filed an appeal in the court. Although I am not hopeful of a favorable result since they do not really have any other plan of action to tackle the pollution. And also this may indirectly boost car sales, although on the other hand this also has the potential to dampen car sales as people see it as a waste to spend so much money and yet face such limitations.
Old 11th October 2019, 21:49   #128
BHPian

Hello everyone,
Can anyone explain the exact situation for vehicles in NCR. The cars are still being registered for 15 years irrespective of petrol or diesel. So after the ban from SC, the authorities are still registering them for 15 years. The government recently said that the vehicles will not be banned before their full tenure of registration, so what will be the situation if we buy a diesel today in Delhi?
Old 20th December 2019, 21:05   #129
Team-BHP Support

Is anyone aware of Euro 6 Norms will change this? Won't it be appropriate for authorities to review this 10-year ban for the Diesel cars with Euro 6 engines?
Old 22nd December 2019, 19:49   #130
Senior - BHPian

What we have: Pollution everywhere, BS2, BS3 era vehicles painting roads black and blue.
What is to be done: Obviously, take them off the road.
Why can't it be done: hue and cry, anti-poor rhetoric amplified by media.
what we also have: poor credit growth, sluggish economy.

What can be done: Announce a cut-off date(stick); offer a % rebate - on road tax or on GST on a new vehicle when old number/chassis is surrendered(carrot); enable credit options to those buying new vehicles - transport and non transport.

Economy activated, reduced emission from newer vehicles, better air, banks happy (better quality of collateral).

--

But no, this is not happening. Center aka dad talks strict, States aka mom earns brownie points by pampering with sweets, Kids inevitably on the path of becoming diabetic.
ramzsys is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 20:44   #131
Senior - BHPian

Are old vehicles that are transiting Delhi also banned? I've plans for a Himachal tour in my venerable WB registered petrol Gen-1 Swift which is in fine fettle. Will I be chomped up by the Delhi police if i tread through the capital?
Old 22nd December 2019, 21:02   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Are old vehicles that are transiting Delhi also banned?
Yes. 15 year old petrol and 10 year old diesel vehicles not allowed in Delhi even if they are registered in other states and just transiting through Delhi.
mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 21:05   #133
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Yes. 15 year old petrol and 10 year old diesel vehicles not allowed in Delhi even if they are registered in other states and just transiting through Delhi.
How about Buses, Lorries and all those three and four wheeled “Jugaad mobiles” of Northern India, which are tenuously held together with chewing gum, rubber bands and significant amounts of “faith”?
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 21:06   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
How about Buses, Lorries and all those three and four wheeled “Jugaad mobiles” of Northern India, which are tenuously held together with chewing gum, rubber bands and significant amounts of “faith”?
They are also not allowed.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 21:27   #135
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
They are also not allowed.
So if one has a meticulously maintained carefully serviced PUC compliant Private car, then that also is going to have to be “dumped” eh?
I wish they would give us a chance - by instituting some kind of certification process to enable and allow deserving people who dont want to unnecessarily shell out on a brand new car, to keep their carefully maintained much loved automobiles.

Most Viewed