Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2020, 21:55   #151
BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
Can someone help me understand why a 9 year old DL registered Fortuner still commands such high resale value (considering the 10 year old diesel ban)?.
The cars sold outside NCR are not subjected to supreme court rule of banning 10 year old diesel cars. Hence high resale value of Fortuners.
Old 18th April 2020, 21:52   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supreme Court bans 15-year old petrol & 10-year old diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
Can someone help me understand why a 9 year old DL registered Fortuner still commands such high resale value (considering the 10 year old diesel ban)? A colleague of mine was considering a change of cars and we assumed that Toyota Fortuners aged around 10 years would be sumptuously priced ( so that we can re-register in my home state), but there's obviously some reason that I haven't understood.
I thought it was quite the opposite. Check this post out.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4741120 (Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner)

iTNerd picked up a beautiful piece for a decent price. I heard they are usually available for 6-8L. What offers are you getting?

Last edited by Sheel : 18th April 2020 at 21:55. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 18th April 2020, 22:10   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I thought it was quite the opposite. Check this post out.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4741120 (Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner)

iTNerd picked up a beautiful piece for a decent price. I heard they are usually available for 6-8L. What offers are you getting?
Nothing less than 8 for a 10 year old fortuner in the NCR , lots of demand from upcountry punjab and HP ,where reregistration is cheap
Old 18th April 2020, 22:23   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Nothing less than 8 for a 10 year old fortuner in the NCR , lots of demand from upcountry punjab and HP ,where reregistration is cheap
Registration in Punjab cheap?
Sorry to burst your little bubble, but this isnt 2018 anymore.
Old 18th April 2020, 22:25   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Registration in Punjab cheap?
Sorry to burst your little bubble, but this isnt 2018 anymore.
I got a 2007 vitara petrol reregistered in punjab last month 32k total , and I have the registration certificate to prove the amount of total tax paid . I don't talk off the cuff pls .

Last edited by wbd8779 : 18th April 2020 at 22:27.
wbd8779 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 22:44   #156
BANNED

Quote:
I got a 2007 vitara petrol reregistered in punjab last month 32k total , and I have the registration certificate to prove the amount of total tax paid . I don't talk off the cuff pls .
I'd love to have the contact details of the person (agent?) who got it done for you.

I was quoted a far higher number for a 320d.
Old 18th April 2020, 22:58   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
I'd love to have the contact details of the person (agent?) who got it done for you.

I was quoted a far higher number for a 320d.
Because a 320D would be between 25-35 lacs on the invoice and the vitara petrol is 18 lacs on the invoice .

Agents will have a 40% markup as "fees " get it done yourself , I did so.
wbd8779 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 14:33   #158

Quote:
Wow. I am planning to buy a Punto for myself, I lost a deal here in Punjab, and so jumped to Delhi for better options, but have been scared looking at the transfer process and charges. And now this lockdown
If you can share the process & how the taxes are calculated, it'd be the best.

Punjab government has not even put a detailed MV act & taxes on their site.

One question! Did you get any refund from the previously paid tax from Delhi?
Old 21st April 2020, 00:47   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing less than 8 for a 10 year old fortuner in the NCR
I have been thinking to get a first generation fortuner from NCR region. And like someone said on earlier post, it's quiet shocking to see dealers charging them on the higher side even though they are almost 10 years old.

Will it be possible to get a Non Objection Certificate for other state of a 10 year old diesel car ? From what I have heard they usually don't provide NOC for 10 years old diesel cars ? How far is that true ?

Regards
Tulok
Old 21st April 2020, 18:42   #160
BHPian

Thank you Judges of SC and NGT who think they are experts to give decisions on everything wrong in this country and also for going the easy way of blanket ban rather than fixing your PUC control centres who gives certificates without even turning on their machines.

I know that I'm in the minority who keeps and maintains the car for such a long period of time due to mechanical sympathy and emotional attachment, but what's the point of even maintaining a car for 10-15 years if the end result is being forced to scrap or sell it. It's just better to keep on buying new cars every 5 years, pay taxes on new car only to increase government's tax kitty and ultimately bow down to automakers who sell severely overpriced cars.

I had to list my pristine '05 Sonata in Classifieds, hopefully i should be able to find a buyer, else it'll be scrapped.
Link: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...i/Sonata.html/

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 21st April 2020 at 18:44.
Dhruv29 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 11:27   #161
BHPian

Hi.. I have a diesel DL registered 2010 Tata Manza that turned 10 in March. The car is used primarily in Mathura, UP. Will it make sense to take an NOC from Delhi now and register it in Mathura, or should I wait for 4 years and do this just before completion of 15 years?

Last edited by mpthy : 18th June 2020 at 11:46.
Old 18th June 2020, 19:00   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
Hi.. I have a diesel DL registered 2010 Tata Manza that turned 10 in March. The car is used primarily in Mathura, UP. Will it make sense to take an NOC from Delhi now and register it in Mathura, or should I wait for 4 years and do this just before completion of 15 years?
Your Manza can not be registered anywhere as you will not be able to obtain NOC from Delhi.
Heart_Revs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 19:17   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Revs View Post
Your Manza can not be registered anywhere as you will not be able to obtain NOC from Delhi.
It maybe possible since the lockdown started in March and all expirations for DL or RC were extended till July, and then Sep I believe?

But I have my doubts about being able to register it in Mathura. From what I have heard Delhi RTO has list of some districts, cities in each state they don't issue the NOC for. These are usually the bigger/prominent places. Possibly to stop them from becoming a dumping ground of old diesels from NCR. Given its proximity to NCR, high chances Mathura might be on that list.

But, please do give it a shot and let us know how it goes.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 19:46   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
It would appear the Hon'ble Supreme Court has in fact admitted the appeal. However, it's unlikely any major decision will be immediately available - pretty sure car makers together with various NGOs will up the ante and lobby hard against the appeal.
The government might just be dragging its feet, and completing an exercise it started earlier to quell public angst.

Source: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/70900794.cms
Old 19th June 2020, 12:50   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
It maybe possible since the lockdown started in March and all expirations for DL or RC were extended till July, and then Sep I believe?
=======
But, please do give it a shot and let us know how it goes.
According to a broker that I contacted, I might not be able to get an NOC. I'll try a few more. If something changes, i'll update this thread.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th June 2020 at 12:59.
mpthy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks