Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2007, 01:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

The Corolla made in India is JUNK.It costs more than twice the price one pays for the same car in the US and the build quality can only be described charitably as 'flimsy'.The ride is wobbly to say the least.There is a vast difference between the quality of Japanese products sold in the western world and those in third world countries.Not to say the least, the prices!!.An American friend of mine in the automotive industry told me that the only reason Maruti/Suzuki India sees newer cost effective models being introduced is the fact that GM owns a large chunk of Suzuki Motor!.A factoid many Indians here who love to trash American should think about!.Imagine having to pay 9lacs or more for a Swift!!.Well, that's what Indians are paying ToyotaBharat out of their hard earned rupees, namely the price of two Corollas in the US for one India market Corolla!.
Old 10th January 2007, 11:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
The Corolla made in India is JUNK.It costs more than twice the price one pays for the same car in the US and the build quality can only be described charitably as 'flimsy'.The ride is wobbly to say the least.There is a vast difference between the quality of Japanese products sold in the western world and those in third world countries.Not to say the least, the prices!!.An American friend of mine in the automotive industry told me that the only reason Maruti/Suzuki India sees newer cost effective models being introduced is the fact that GM owns a large chunk of Suzuki Motor!.A factoid many Indians here who love to trash American should think about!.Imagine having to pay 9lacs or more for a Swift!!.Well, that's what Indians are paying ToyotaBharat out of their hard earned rupees, namely the price of two Corollas in the US for one India market Corolla!.
Umm.. Where do I start???
Anyways, Do you know the excise and the tax structure here in India?
Old 10th January 2007, 12:12   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Corolla made in India is JUNK.It costs more than twice the price one pays for the same car in the US and the build quality can only be described charitably as 'flimsy'.The ride is wobbly to say the least.There is a vast difference between the quality of Japanese products sold in the western world and those in third world countries.Not to say the least, the prices!!
While the prices are definitely way higher, i dont guess the build is all that bad as mentioned. Not real VFM maybe, but definitely not a wobbly ride.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10th January 2007, 12:26   #19
BANNED

ntomer
I've enquired abt Corrola -
Ex-showroom-898980
Loan...........-700000
Down payment-198980
Insurance-32904
Registration-42621
Accessories-2000
No-plate-1000
forget some thing they quote = 11517
OTR=>989201

Last edited by unknown : 10th January 2007 at 12:29.
Old 10th January 2007, 12:50   #20
BHPian

Thus the down payment come out to be Rs. 277,505/- Aren't they offering any discounts; and what about the finance pay-out?

\N
Old 10th January 2007, 13:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

I'm not on a crusade against Toyota or any such.My comments are based on my dad's experience.He bought a new Corolla 6 months ago.And, the "executive'' is a 'bare-bones' version with no stereo even!.A 'H2' package costs about 12 lac OTR which is a lot of money for this car, whixh ios what my dad owns.My comments are also based on my driving experience.Also, i had visited Pakistan and the situation is similar there with reference to Japanese auto makers.Shoddily made goods marketed through a local assembler at exorbitant prices, is my opinion about Japanese manufacturers' modus operandi in impoverished countries!.On the contrary , Japanese products in the western , affluent markets have excellent build quality and are available at bargain basement prices.Well, look at another Japanese auto maker Nissan's attitude towards the Indian market!!.Something to ponder about??...
Old 10th January 2007, 13:53   #22
BANNED

Quote:
forget some thing they quote = 11517
^That's the 1st advance Emi...lol & loan discount is 28000 , So wht u've decided now ?
Old 10th January 2007, 14:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
No comments
Old 10th January 2007, 14:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
^That's the 1st advance Emi...lol & loan discount is 28000 , So wht u've decided now ?

hmmm. that means down payment of 2.6 lakh after the loan discount. Aren't they offering any dealer/corporate discounts etc.
I am going to talk to a dealer this week-end. If I get a good deal; I'll go for Corolla.

\N
Old 21st January 2007, 01:17   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Umm.. Where do I start???
Anyways, Do you know the excise and the tax structure here in India?
Its obvious he doesn't. That way the Sonata is available for $14000. Is it available for less than 7Lakhs in India ? That logic doesn't work when the tax structures are different.

Need to compare likes with likes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks