Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2018, 23:42   #31
BHPian

Good initiative by the government, should be implemented nationwide. There should be guidelines for dispersion of light as well, such as for hid xenon bulbs in reflector headlight casing - which blind everyone.
ramansh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 03:51   #32
BHPian

Re: Cops get ‘light meter’ to fine car owners with modified headlamps

While I applaud the initiative, I am bit doubtful about the implementation of this.

Having used Lux meter extensively, I can tell that the measurement method will be very crucial. The probe position plays a very important role in getting right results. It can give different results dependent upon the distance from the light source, angle etc.
MaxTorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 14:28   #33
BHPian

While my Headlamps are stock, I have a 8 inch AUX HID lamps of 35W. And a 20inch light bar on the other car. Boys from bengaluru and hyderabad, how much worried should i be. How serious is the crack down
blackbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 15:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

The law is always in the grey regarding these things. In Bangalore cops concentrate on 2 wheelers and for cars, drunken driving. I have sun film with 70%, which someone said is legally alrite, but if a cop stops then how do I defend? Depends really on the mood of the cop and how much pressure is on them to meet month-end targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
While my Headlamps are stock, I have a 8 inch AUX HID lamps of 35W. And a 20inch light bar on the other car. Boys from bengaluru and hyderabad, how much worried should i be. How serious is the crack down
Old 24th November 2018, 16:08   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
... I have sun film with 70%, which someone said is legally alrite, but if a cop stops then how do I defend? ...
Don't believe "someone." It is not alright according to law. The more correct thing that someone might say is that it is unlikely to be noticed. Unless they stop you and decide to look for it, in which case you have no defence.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 00:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
One question comes to my mind after reading this, why do you need 20 inch light bar, which I suppose will also be super bright? It only hurts the eyes of oncoming traffic. I for one get really irritated after seeing these super bright white LED light bars on car roofs or bumpers because they hurt the eyes so much.
I think it feels almost same like driving with high beams in city , causing momentary blindness for oncoming traffic.
Brigadier is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 20:18   #37
BANNED

I took the possibility of these halfhearted initiatives in to consideration when planning on tackling this menace on my own. I have made my 4x100w Hella 500FF easily detachable. I place the setup in the boot when using the TPH Armour car cover whenever parked. I bring the light bar out only when leaving on a long drive involving expressways. My headlights have the OEM 55/60w bulbs and the fog lights 55w ones which is the stock setup.

If all the oncoming cars fall in line I would gladly leave my enforcers(light bars) in the boot.

In reality, the cops are clamping on car sharing initiatives to aid the travel operators. Its highly unlikely that they will be making them wear a pair of 70/75w bulbs as mandated by the MV rules for a 24v setup.

The enforcement must be aided by the strict speed ban too as the cars being allowed to speed without the drivers being able see pose a certain disaster.
Old 10th December 2018, 00:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
One question comes to my mind after reading this, why do you need 20 inch light bar, which I suppose will also be super bright? It only hurts the eyes of oncoming traffic. I for one get really irritated after seeing these super bright white LED light bars on car roofs or bumpers because they hurt the eyes so much.
I think it feels almost same like driving with high beams in city , causing momentary blindness for oncoming traffic.
Apologies this comes a little late. I know where you're coming from. But i roads i use it on is country roads which i'll have to take few times a month. A kind in which you'll encounter about 5 vehicles over a stretch of 65kms. And about the placement, it would be mounted on licence plate screws not he roof. Depending on how and where you use, it is not more irritant than the high beams which are mostly in your face. not all lamps in the bar illuminate. some corner, some spread and some spot. Btw, i am yet to install the lamps. Planning to do so after understanding the cops harassment levels if any.
blackbeast is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks