Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2018, 18:40   #46
BHPian

Re: October 2018 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

It would be good to see Isuzu numbers in there. Do they share these statistics?
Old 15th November 2018, 07:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Can you please clarify how the cars are classified into segments?
As I see there are few hatchbacks as well as sedans in the same segment.
Sorry for being a layman.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 09:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Can you please clarify how the cars are classified into segments?
As I see there are few hatchbacks as well as sedans in the same segment.
Sorry for being a layman.
The classification can be understood by looking under columns 'Segment' and 'Body Type'. Mahindra's Verito and Vibe is the only exception where you see Sedan and Hatchback under same segment.
Old 15th November 2018, 09:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lm View Post
It's already raining hefty discounts for the Yaris:
Link

But, is it already too late? Only time will tell.

This was bound to happen. The unsold inventory would be a major issue for the car maker with change of the year to 2019 as buyers tend to avoid cars made in previous calendar year.

I am told the dealers in their wisdom are extending free first year insurance over and above the announced discounts for top trim of Yaris to make it palatable for the buyers.

A bad pricing in an established market for C1 sedans has taken the Yaris down even before it could rake some numbers. Hyundai dealers are offering some good year end discounts on Verna too.

A lukewarm festive season has created working capital issues for several dealers in Delhi due to unsold inventory. Dealers will do anything to clear their stocks of slow moving machines, as they are left with just one month.

Last edited by i74js : 15th November 2018 at 09:13.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 09:34   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramji_or View Post
I do not have much idea about the markets other than India, Do we have any brand in any other market, as successful as Maruti in Indian Market?
From top of my head, I could remember that Hyundai has a monopoly of close to 60-70% of market share in their home market South Korea.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 18:09   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Marazzo is a disappointment to me. It should have taken market share from Innova, which is not a self driven vehicle in many of the purchases. The Marazzo interior comfort is comparable at about half the price. The engine is competent and shouldn't matter.
Further if it can't take on Innova owing to perceived reliability and resale.....
It was a disappointment to me too, but for a different reason. Its my belief that in its current incarnation the Marazzo probably can't take on the Crysta for one reason only - it offers FWD whereas the king of the hill has stuck to RWD/body-on-chassis all along - a certain recipe for durability, ruggedness, plus of course Toyota's well-known reliability. One reason why the Bolero & Scorpio have held on to their box-office rankings for so long.
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 18:32   #52
BHPian

[with your comment on the Vento diesel mill! Coupled with the DSG, it just transforms into a different avatar.

On the second point of 7 years warranty - is that something newly added to the armoury by VW?
When I purchased the 1.5 Highline TDi in 2015, they were dishing out 2+2 years option only]

Yes, Now they offer 5 years Extended Warranty plus two years of standard warranty (2+5= 7 years). But you might have to go through the ordeal of getting your warranty extended through your dealer and it has to done one year at a time.
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 21:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
It was a disappointment to me too, but for a different reason. Its my belief that in its current incarnation the Marazzo probably can't take on the Crysta for one reason only - it offers FWD whereas the king of the hill has stuck to RWD/body-on-chassis all along - a certain recipe for durability, ruggedness, plus of course Toyota's well-known reliability. One reason why the Bolero & Scorpio have held on to their box-office rankings for so long.
Why is RWD a recipe for ruggedness? Neither car is meant to be an offroader. And one of the big reasons why the Marazzo manages good performance with the smaller engine, is the FWD. RWD adds weight and transmission losses
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 05:32   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Why is RWD a recipe for ruggedness? Neither car is meant to be an offroader. And one of the big reasons why the Marazzo manages good performance with the smaller engine, is the FWD. RWD adds weight and transmission losses
Perhaps I should have added "body-on-chassis with RWD". Or do you have an issue with that too? As for why RWD is preferable to FWD I would be obliged if you read my earlier posts on the subject (post #260, 263, 264 etc, in the thread "Front Wheel Drive v/s Rear Wheel Drive" in the tech section dated 24/05/'17). FWD is great for WB < about 2.4m, where agility and handling assumes greater importance (the "fun factor"). But at larger WB-es, it just adds higher & higher stresses (steering forces & engine torque) to the front steering, drive train and suspension sub-assembly components. Not so with RWD, where the dynamic (on the move) stresses are much better distributed between the front & rear.
Old 17th November 2018, 07:43   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
What's with the Hyundai Eon? Such a steep fall?
Possibly because the Eon is getting phased out and new Santro is here. These numbers are factory dispaches.

And I hear the same for Brio from the dealer here.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed