Team-BHP - 4 bombs explode at tata plant at singur
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   4 bombs explode at tata plant at singur (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20376-4-bombs-explode-tata-plant-singur.html)

Four bombs explode at Tata Motors plant site in Singur

It has something to do with the land controversy.

OMG! What are they trying to prove themselves?

Just making sure that no indian auto manufacturer becomes accepted worldwide?

We call for india and indian. And don't let an indian company operate properly.

I would support the govt here and say that industrialisation is necessary. It will help the farmers too (give them jobs so that their kids can study higher and go for better jobs, financial stability, etc...)

But on the other hand, knowing India and governments, I doubt the compensation would have been given fairly.

These are issues I just cant make up my mind abt...

Agree with Nikhil here.. Go elsewhere.. This is a BIG country.. There are tons of acres of non-fertile land..

Do you suppose maruti did it ??? or may be hyundai ?? lol:

...or it might be a publicity stunt by TATA themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by netarchie (Post 352139)

I don't think so - What would they stand to gain out of it?

Dear freinds, I am a bengali, and I would say I understand the politics of bengal a little bit. As much as I know the government in bengal is a leftist govt, and there vote bank consists of all the poor people. So, it is not possible that the govt will not give a good compensation to the land owners. On the other hand, one lady opposes every move by the govt. It has become such that it has become more of a personal fight of ego for this lady, and not for the common people. The way it is going if that lady's reason's are made the objectives of the state, we will have only farmers and politicians left in the state. All other people who work uder some company or are having business will vasinsh.

Being another Bong who lived in WB till about 6 years back, I agree with Sumit's analysis......when the Left Govt was anti-industry, they used to crib. Now Buddhadeb is trying to do something for the state, they crib. You can never satisfy the cheap-publicity-hungry lady in question. She was fasting by day & feasting by night recently.......all for the sake of making an issue for the heck of it!

At the risk of being lynched by her party supporters, I wonder why there has not been any assassination attempt on her recently:p

I was watching Ratan Tata's interview on CNBC a week back. He stoinkly stated that the "controversy" in WB also was due to the involvement of "some of our competitors". But this bombing is a real can of worms

Quote:

Originally Posted by netarchie (Post 352139)

Intelligence agencies are known to do that - the most lethal one being the KGB which was supposed to have organized the Moscow apartment bombings from a year-and-half back so that Russia could take care of the Chechen problem once and for all: which they did.

Companies dont do that - it would be too farfetched and shooting themselves in the foot where revenue is everything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumitkalindi (Post 352162)
. So, it is not possible that the govt will not give a good compensation to the land owners. On the other hand, one lady opposes every move by the govt. It has become such that it has become more of a personal fight of ego for this lady, and not for the common people. The way it is going if that lady's reason's are made the objectives of the state, we will have only farmers and politicians left in the state. All other people who work uder some company or are having business will vasinsh.

I read an editorial in the Hindu that Buddhadev invited the opposition to come and discuss what the areas of dissatisfaction were
.......................silence....and a lot of noise after that

Whatever happened till now is really shamefull.One side is dreaming to indutrialise that part of India and the other side wants it to be as it is.I wonder why communism is so varied in nature. Ratan Tata's determination is really appreciable.Tata has the capacity to transform this region into gold... See Jamshedpur for example.... Former Bihar had little effect on Jamshedpur....... It was a kind of frotress in itself....

We can never understand politics in this country.....

Hmmm...the only good part of all this is that the commies are getting a taste of their own medicine.

Normally THEY are the ones who launch agitations, bandhs, harthals and generally derail normal life whenever there is some development activity being undertaken.

I was watching this on television where the WB and Kerala commies were on the defensive, stating that they have always maintained that they are ready for talks but nobody seems to want to talk -TALK ABOUT GETTING PAID BACK IN THE SAME COIN. The same commies had blocked the Smart City project in Cochin in much the same way, quoting the same excuses (land acquisition, land mafia et al)

Sitaram yechury, karats and friends were in Navi mumbai recently to protest Ambanis SEZs....reason acquiring of fertile lands from farmers.. so far so good.

In Singur and nandigram , the communist government is acquiring 20,000 acres of land, including fertile farm lands for SEZs.

Now where is yechury ,Karats ,dasgupta protesting this? why a different rule for WB and mumbai?

Why does the navi mumbai farmer deserves yechuris support and not WBs? is it because of vadapav?

I am happy to see the communists are getting beated by their own patented stick..may be some sense will seep into their brains now.