Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2018, 17:26   #16
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz CLS 300d launched at Rs. 84.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I thought this is limited to Maruti and a few others. Even Toyota has not started, we picked an Innova last month and it does not sound an alarm.
I too was under the impression that it would be only for mass market cars but that is not the case. Innova isn't a new launch, so you got lucky there i guess.

Last edited by manson : 21st November 2018 at 16:01. Reason: Edited quote.
Old 20th November 2018, 19:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:

the colours with Designo paints are 2,5 Lac extra.
Do these Designo paints also come with the old E Class alloys in the pics as standard or do they get the optional alloys too?

I know it is expecting too much for Mercedes to give Designo paint AND alloys for 2.5 Lakhs.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 20:15   #18
BHPian

Isn't that car a looker? Especially in the matte grey color it is shown in. Will surely turn many heads on the road. I think it can generate really good numbers as it combines the self-driven and chauffeur-driven astheticts together, which i feel the E-Class and S-Class owners might miss out on, being LWB.
Old 21st November 2018, 09:15   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Yes it is really implemented in the G63 AMG of all cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I too was under the impression that it would be only for mass market cars but that is not the case. Innova isn't a new launch, so you got lucky there i guess.
It has to be implemented on everything but I was not aware of the reasons why CBU cars need to have this at this time when the applicable date is April. Turns out that this is to due to Homologation requirements. If any manufacturer does not get this included at this time, they will have to go through the process of certification/ amendment at later date again so all the new launches whether CBU or CKD will see this activated .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Do these Designo paints also come with the old E Class alloys in the pics as standard or do they get the optional alloys too?
No, just the paint. I am not good at identifying alloys but if you feel that these alloys are from past model then its not a good job by MB. As per the local dealer, most of the dealers have got 1 car each and the first lot does not have optional alloys. So guess you will have to pick what they give as standard.

Quote:
I know it is expecting too much for Mercedes to give Designo paint AND alloys for 2.5 Lakhs.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st November 2018 at 09:17.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 10:08   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Equally, I am keen to know how difficult or easy is to equip such alarms on a CBU model for sale in the Indian market and obviously how can we remove these?
I really doubt these guys would do anything that requires significant effort to comply with Indian law to get a CBU here that too ahead of the deadline. At least in the case of MB and BMW it should be trivial to add these beeps because they already support user selectable speed limit that beeps when you exceed it.

I personally feel a single beep above 80kmph is a non-issue and in fact it is a welcome move. The continuous beep above 120 is going to be a real nuisance and it will be problematic because most buyers don't like messing with their new car by mods however minor they are.

The first gen CLS looked so smashing, it's hard to beat it in looks. This one certainly looks better than the 2nd gen. I think this car is a much needed launch because both S and E are not very good drivers cars and the lovely interior design and colours only add to the desirability. Unfortunately it lacks the engine to be a real contender.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 09:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

New Mercedes 6 Cylinder Petrol Engine M256

Moderators : Please close or merge if this is a repeat post

I was reading a review about the new Mercedes CLS53 AMG. This car uses some impressive engine technology to help boost power, torque (By a lot) and efficiency.

The engine is a 3l 6 cylinder Turbo Petrol + an additional electric Turbo + and Integrated Starter Generator that is sandwiched between the engine and gearbox. The ISG can spin the crank directly. The car runs on 48 volt electrics too.

The above combination gives you 429 horse power and a little over 500nm of torque from just 200rpm above idle engine speed. The ISG contributes about 21 horse power and 220nm of torque of the total claimed power output.

One of the other unique things about this engine is that it has no belt drive. The air conditioning, water pump are electrically driven as are other ancillaries.

https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...l?oid=14315791

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 10th January 2019 at 09:26.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks