Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2018, 12:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Demand for outgoing Ertiga CNG shoots up

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who has sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Maruti is gearing up to launch the new Ertiga later in the month. The new Ertiga will be available with petrol and diesel engine options. However, a CNG variant will not be offered. This has resulted in an increase in the demand for the CNG variants of the outgoing model.

CNG offers lower running costs as well as lower emissions. The Ertiga is the only 7-seater MPV in India to be offered with a factory fitted CNG option. With increasing fuel costs, potential Ertiga owners in cities with a large number of CNG pumps like Mumbai, Delhi and Pune prefer the greener fuel over the petrol or diesel counterparts. It has also been reported that dealers with an inventory of the CNG variant are charging a premium for the same.

One of the reasons for the discontinuation of the CNG variant could be the incompatibility of the fuel system with the SHVS (hybrid) technology. The K15 engine is paired with a regular battery as well as a Lithium-ion battery and a gets features like idle start-stop, brake energy regeneration and torque assist to improve fuel economy.

Rumour: Demand for outgoing Ertiga CNG shoots up-52.jpg

Link to the Team-BHP news

Last edited by blackwasp : 19th November 2018 at 13:05.
blackwasp is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 08:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Demand for outgoing Ertiga CNG shoots up

Interesting! The price of CNG has risen quite a bit in the recent past. But still makes economic sense over petrol I suppose.

Here is another titbit on the Ertiga. A discount of 1.4 lakhs available here in Kerala for the diesel variants of the current generation. The dealers are carrying some inventory.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 12:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Maruti Ertiga to get CNG variant within 6 months

Earlier this week, we had reported that the second-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga would not be offered with a CNG kit. Now, according to a media report, Maruti is likely to launch the CNG variant of the car within the next 6 months. The report suggests that the carmaker is working on fine-tuning the engine to run on CNG.

Rumour: Demand for outgoing Ertiga CNG shoots up-download-1.jpg

Maruti launched the new Ertiga on November 21, 2018 with the K15B 1.5-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine, which made its debut in the Ciaz facelift earlier this year. The new engine comes with a Smart Hybrid system, which includes features like idle start-stop function, brake energy regeneration and torque assist that uses energy stored in a lithium-ion battery. The smart hybrid system is likely to be offered in the CNG variants of the MPV.

The Ertiga CNG is popular among fleet operators and private buyers in cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Pune. The Ertiga was the only 7-seater MPV to come with a factory fitted CNG kit. CNG variants are popular for their low running costs and lower emissions.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by ChiragM : 23rd November 2018 at 12:36.
ChiragM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 12:01   #4
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 8.82 Lakh

Rumour: Demand for outgoing Ertiga CNG shoots up-img_20190727_120052.jpg

Rumour: Demand for outgoing Ertiga CNG shoots up-img_20190727_120634.jpg

"The new Maruti Ertiga CNG variant is priced at Rs 8.87 lakh for private customers. The company has also introduced the 'Tour M' variant of the Ertiga CNG for taxi and fleet operators; priced at Rs 8.82 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi)."

It will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.

The CNG versions are based on the VXi trim and cost roughly Rs 71,000 more than the comparable petrol engine variants.

Source - DriveSpark

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 27th July 2019 at 12:08.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 14:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

It seems I am a live example of this rumor.

Quote:
Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Ertiga 1.5
Variant: VXI
Fuel: Petrol
Colour: White
On-road price: 8.99L
Discount: None
Booking date: 19th June 2019
Expected Delivery Date: after Six week
Freebies: Only water and Tea at the showroom.

We wanted a budget 7 Seater MPV in our family from a very long time. Ertiga is currently the best VFM MPV in the market. This vehicle"ll be shared between me and my in-law's family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
As per the quoted post, just last month we booked an Ertiga VXI. We are going to buy this car just to use as people mover (for 5+ Persons). We are going to use this car in a 500km radius of my home city, Anand. Love to drive, pushed back in the seat, etc. kind of auto enthusiasts points are not at all considered in booking/buying Ertiga. This is purely an economic decision.

Now, the Ertiga CNG is launched and that makes me think. Should I Go for it? It fulfills all of my requirements. I can afford it. CNG will be more economical than Petrol. We have plenty of CNG pumps in the 500km radius of my home town.

What should we do? Is it advisable to buy a company fitted CNG car? I don't have any kind of experience in a CNG car. Quoted waiting period for my car is six weeks. So, I can change my decision and book an Eritga CNG.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks