Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2019, 14:07   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs

Apologies for not being able to share these earlier.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-01.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-02.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-03.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-04.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-05.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-06.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-10.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-09.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-08.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-07.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-11.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-12.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-13.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-14.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-15.jpg

Thanks to 3 birdies.
RavenAvi is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 13:21   #227
BHPian

Looks extremely pleasant. I have a special connection. The first car I owned as an 18 year old in the US was a used 1991 Civic. I daresay this one looks a bit different. If priced right, I would definitely consider it in the next upgrade.
Old 25th February 2019, 20:31   #228
BHPian

I sort of really liked the Civic, especially its looks and those 16 inch alloys. True, many enthusiasts are heartbroken with the absence of a manual and lack of 1.5 turbo. I am really annoyed about the absence of a diesel automatic. That would have shot the prices upwards. I would anyday pick this "15 year old" naturally aspirated engine over the Corolla's boring 1.8. I am currently hunting for an automatic, preferably a diesel and preferably a sedan (as I am getting migraines and motion sickness on chauffer driven errands even in the s cross).

Hope Honda prices it sensibly. If Honda can price the base V CVT petrol for say 2-3 L above the Honda City, I think they could have a winner in the Civic. Lot of 'high end city- ZX' customers could consider this as an upgrade. If the V CVT is priced below 22 lacs on the road, I would upgrade in a snap.

I know it is far from possible, still hoping that Honda would do something sensible. If they price it very high, I would be putting my money on a Vento TSI or the 2020 version of it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th February 2019 at 21:02. Reason: Spacing
Old 26th February 2019, 23:54   #229
BHPian

Tenth-generation Honda Civic crosses expected 3-week pre-launch booking figures in 7 days

The pre-launch bookings for the 2019 Civic commenced on February 15 and the firm is claiming that in just seven days, it has exceeded the expected three-week pre-launch booking numbers. Hope Civic can revive the dying segment.

Link http://www.indiatoday.in/auto/latest...209-2019-02-26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Deliveries seem to have started. I saw a white Civic without registration in front of Lal Bagh, Bangalore this morning.

Definitely not a dealer demo car since they generally have a TC number plate or logos.
Delivery has not started yet. Launch is on March 7. One of the dealers has to get RTO approval for each state before proper registration starts. Perfect Honda Thiruvananthapuram, where I have booked the car claims that they are the ones who gets the RTO's approval in Kerala. Honda dealers in Kerala usually register the demo cars before proper test drive. I have driven the WRV and the face-lifted Honda City (4th gen) with TC number plates for a very short distance.

Most of the dealers are reluctant to give proper test drive without registration. As you noted dealer demo cars usually have logos. Probably the car was taken for RTO approval or an influential customer in Bangalore might have got a test drive.

Last edited by Mevtec : 27th February 2019 at 00:17.
Mevtec is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 22:08   #230
BHPian

I have seen many complaining that Honda is not bringing that 1.5 L Turbo to India . That engine have serious reliability issues in US . Many CRV, Accord and Civic owners reported that the engine oil is getting diluted by the fuel and the oil level rises. This is a hot topic in many automotive forums in US .

Last edited by cijo : 27th February 2019 at 22:09. Reason: typos
cijo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 22:21   #231
BHPian

We just gave in our pre-booking amount to Honda. Although, I am very disappointed with the engine, I love the new look, other than the front end, of course (Will grow on me, anyway). We are looking for a car which would be easy to drive in the city and isn't a pain to maintain, and the civic perfectly fits. I hope Honda price the car competitively.
Vinay23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 23:41   #232
Senior - BHPian

Went and saw the civic at a dealers godown in Delhi. It really feels awesome inside and has a very sporty feel to it. The dealer seemed confident of a 22.5 on road price for the ZX CVT which I felt was way lower than what we are all expecting. I was expecting a 26L on road price !!! Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1551291052.000180.jpgScoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1551291070.868324.jpgScoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1551291088.067728.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2019 at 08:08. Reason: Typo
nik_kapur is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 15:12   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple more shots as the Civic starts being unloaded at Honda dealerships.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-1.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 18:20   #234
BHPian

Cochin dealer is speculating prices between 24 to 30 L on the road. In that case Civic should be in the dead on arrival category. Octavia L and K 1.8 and VRS would look reasonably priced. I would be scrapping my purchase plans in that case
Old 3rd March 2019, 09:43   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cijo View Post
I have seen many complaining that Honda is not bringing that 1.5 L Turbo to India . That engine have serious reliability issues in US . Many CRV, Accord and Civic owners reported that the engine oil is getting diluted by the fuel and the oil level rises. This is a hot topic in many automotive forums in US .
They've found a solution for it and are delivering it to owners in phases starting with a few states first.

Note that this issue is mainly in the extremely cold states of the US and occurs typically in a lot of short runs in such weather. This happens because when using Direct Injection, gasoline impinges directly on the relatively cold cylinder walls and piston rings sweep the fuel from the walls to the oil well below.

This highly unlikely to happen in India ...

I hardly see 10s of thousands of Civics being sold in Leh and Ladhak
nsubrama2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 10:52   #236
Senior - BHPian

The true test for the Civic pricing would be to make me regret going in for the City. If it comes to that I may make an impulsive jump! That said the City's perfect 'made for city' dimensions and seating comfort would still be unbeatable not to mention the gem of an 1.5 i-VTEC engine.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 3rd March 2019 at 10:55.
Durango Dude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 13:48   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of first-hand walkaround videos:

RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 15:21   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Honda seems to be making the same mistakes again and again. Every model where they have cheaped out has failed. No one is interested in Brio/ Amaze/ Mobilio/ BRV and similarly no one is interested in a crappy Civic with a 15 year old engine that guzzles petrol. Their sales numbers will prove it; the petrol model will not succeed and it doesn't deserve to either.
Actually, the demand for the amaze is pretty decent. The diesel is a strong one in that and the features list is respectable. However their products just do not stand out amongst the competition. With Tata, changing their game by introducing mind blowing designs, Hyundai bringing their sister brand ( and all it's good looking cars ) to India and MG making a well publicized entry to India, Honda should be more responsive and alert to market demands.

Now this is only a hope, but if they manage to launch the Brio with the 1.5 iVTEC, then it'll rob away a whole load of sales from the competitors. The 1.5 vtec in such a small car will be absolute madness
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 20:45   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the 1.5 is not particularly fuel efficient especially when driven hard.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/cr-v
Old 3rd March 2019, 22:41   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looks like the 1.5 is not particularly fuel efficient especially when driven hard.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/cr-v
I think that’s the speciality of turbo charged petrol engines. If driven hard they are the worst if fuel efficiency is considered.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks