Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2019, 22:47   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs

My Civic is going back to the dealer tomorrow !
There is strong, almost unbearable smell of ammonia like gas coming out of the AC vents the moment i turn on the aircon ! Car has driven only a 105km since i got her on Saturday

Hope its a small job and my brand new car doesn't have to be taken apart
nik_kapur is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 11:30   #377
BHPian

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post

There is strong, almost unbearable smell of ammonia like gas coming out of the AC vents the moment i turn on the aircon !

I have a similar smell coming from my Brio too. But we checked AC all was ok. Please let me know what the diagnosis is . I used the Air Freshner the smell went away but the moment the air freshner emptied the smell returned.
Old 19th March 2019, 15:55   #378
BHPian

Quote:
She arrived yesterday and she is a stunner !
Been great driving her around town because the attention she grabs is real fun, i guess its one of the first few in Delhi to be driven on the roads.
Congratulations on your new Civic.

From what i have read, the new Civic will deliver a far superior driving experience as compared to the much loved 8th gen variant, that was sold in India.

Are you finding the headroom sufficient with the sunroof?

Do consider Kagu 3D mats for the interior, they really do make a difference.
Old 19th March 2019, 16:04   #379
BHPian

Quote:
There is strong, almost unbearable smell of ammonia like gas coming out of the AC vents the moment i turn on the aircon ! Car has driven only a 105km since i got her on Saturday

I have of late observed this smell in my City as well. More so since the latest service. I dont know whether it is to do with some chemical or gas that they are using for the AC.
Old 19th March 2019, 16:13   #380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
I have of late observed this smell in my City as well. More so since the latest service. I dont know whether it is to do with some chemical or gas that they are using for the AC.
Quote:
Did you ask for AC duct cleaning? Whenever Honda service center people fiddle around with AC vents and duct, you can expect such trouble.

Quote:
You should have done nimbu mirchi puja before posting your new Civic's picture.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 17:21   #381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Did you ask for AC duct cleaning?
Why would they do duct cleaning on a brand new Civic?

Does the smell reduce over time, or is it only pungent when the car is started?
Old 19th March 2019, 17:46   #382
BHPian

Quote:

Did you try running the blower with the heat turned on maximum for 4-5 minutes to see if the smell subsides?

Also, were you near DLF phase 5, Gurgaon last night at 10PM? Saw a new white civic, looked fabulous from the rear, with the lit up tail lamps.
Old 19th March 2019, 17:52   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on the purchase.

Are you using any rubber foot mats? Such smell is commonly experienced with new rubber foot mats.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 21:15   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Congratulations on the purchase.

Are you using any rubber foot mats? Such smell is commonly experienced with new rubber foot mats.
Yes the mats have a rubber bottom and that's what the odour has been zeroed down to ! I had sent the car to honda and they had spent a good couple of hours on the vehicle before arriving at the correct diagnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Did you try running the blower with the heat turned on maximum for 4-5 minutes to see if the smell subsides?

Removing the mats have fixed things ...

Also, were you near DLF phase 5, Gurgaon last night at 10PM? Saw a new white civic, looked fabulous from the rear, with the lit up tail lamps.
Yes mate.. on Sunday night i was

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Why would they do duct cleaning on a brand new Civic?

Does the smell reduce over time, or is it only pungent when the car is started?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Did you ask for AC duct cleaning? Whenever Honda service center people fiddle around with AC vents and duct, you can expect such trouble.

The mats will be changed first thing tomorrow !

You should have done nimbu mirchi puja before posting your new Civic's picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
You have to check you Mats ! I did and that's the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Congratulations on your new Civic.

From what i have read, the new Civic will deliver a far superior driving experience as compared to the much loved 8th gen variant, that was sold in India.

Are you finding the headroom sufficient with the sunroof?

Im about 5 feet 8 and the headrooms fine ! The drive is super smooth and so comfortable. I love this car !

It does feel adequately powered but you will miss the sudden rush of power if you are used to an turbo diesel/pertrol

Do consider Kagu 3D mats for the interior, they really do make a difference.
I love 3D KAGU mats and most of our cars have them. Unfortunately none of the dealers are ready with accessories for the Civic as yet. The dealer has asked me to check in 7-10 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I have a similar smell coming from my Brio too. But we checked AC all was ok. Please let me know what the diagnosis is . I used the Air Freshner the smell went away but the moment the air freshner emptied the smell returned.
Yep the AC is fine, its the Mats

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th March 2019 at 08:42. Reason: 3 smileys / spacing
nik_kapur is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 20:58   #385
Senior - BHPian

My first purchase on Aliexpress has arrived
Wireless charging pad for just Rs 2000 and it’s a perfect fit ! Cool blue illumination on the edges that really lifts the interior at night

I was worried about being charged duty but to my surprise it arrived without a hitch in 3 weeks time
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-f761f37f38bf47e28ed8836750e4d848.jpeg  

nik_kapur is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 08:33   #386

Quote:
Wireless charging pad for just Rs 2000 and it’s a perfect fit ! Cool blue illumination on the edges that really lifts the interior at night

I was worried about being charged duty but to my surprise it arrived without a hitch in 3 weeks time
Looks great! Wireless charging is one feature that I really wished the Civic were offering, and the one shown in your pic looks to be going along with the interiors quite nicely indeed. Can you please share the product link? I tried looking it up but couldn't find this exact product on Aliexpress. Thanks in advance!
abhi.maverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:07   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the car man. Can we have more pics of the interior please.

Thanks.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 18:10   #388
BHPian

Quote:

The current CVT city doesn't have the gears backlit on the gear stick console. Is it the same with the new Civic?
Old 23rd March 2019, 15:03   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

I had some time at Vision Honda, Cochin today and used it to check out the Honda Civic. The sales person, Sachin was quite pleasant to interact with and knowledgeable. They had a red Civic ZX on display and the other variants were in their parking lot. Below are some of my observations and pictures of the Honda Civic. YMMV.

- I'll start off with the base variant. Honda have gone spartan on the interiors and will make feel embarassed for thinking about the V CVT at all. It comes with beige interiors, no leather wrap on the steering wheel, manual seat adjustment, a small display, a low rent set of clocks, misses the 4 tweeters, no auto dimming rear mirror, no cruise control, no auto retractable mirrors etc. It has 16 inch Hanooks, the same as with the VX model.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-1.jpg
Bare bones interiors

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-2.jpg
Bargain basement clocks

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-3.jpg
Armrest is in fabric. The buttons above it are the same across all variants.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-4.jpg
Fabric seats.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-5.jpg
Fabric on the doors.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-6.jpg
Looks like its taken from the Jazz. Notice the carbon fibre lookalike material runing across the dash. Its the same with the mid variant as well.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-7.jpg
Rear seats in fabric.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-8.jpg
Hanook Ventus S1 noble 2 tires that are shared with the VX.

- The VX feels a lot more upmarket than the V model. For one the TFT multi information display gives it an upmarket feel. The console gets a nice big 17.7 cm screen and the audio system gets an upgrade with 4 additional tweeters. It gets auto dimming RVMs, auto retractable mirrors, leather wrapped steering, electric seat adjustments and leather seats. It has the same 16 inch Hanooks.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-9.jpg
Such an improvement.

- The ZX is where Honda wants you to focus your attention and gets the addition of curtain airbags for a total of 6, a lane watch camera, full LED headlights and fog lights, electric sunroof, 17 inch wheels, auto sensing rain wipers etc. The interiors certainly feel rich. It comes with a full sized alloy as well.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-24.jpg
Nice looking dash.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-11.jpg
Large boot.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-12.jpg
Full sized Advan DB.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-13.jpg
215 / 50 R 17 tires look nice.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-14.jpg
Some rust spotted on one of the discs.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-15.jpg
The weights on this looked unusual to me for a brand new car. Is this normal?

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-16.jpg
Upmarket interiors of the ZX. Notice the carbon fibre trim has been replaced.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-17.jpg
Phone holder has a gap to let the charging cables fall through.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-18.jpg
The low dash of the Civic means that the glove compartment only opens partially when 5'11 me sits in the front seat.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-19.jpg
I have to flatten out my legs uncomfortably for the glove compartment to open fully.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-20.jpg
Rearseat comfort is badly compromised for the 5th passenger. The sales person confirmed that this wasnt the case in the old Civic.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-21.jpg
Nicely finished armrest slid all the way to the front. Its in fabric in the lower variant.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-22.jpg
Now slid back.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-23.jpg
Seats look nice and sporty.

Overall, I have mixed thoughts about the Civic. Quality and fit and finish is excellent. The rear door closes with a solid thud. The Honda peace of mind ownership is something that my wife and I like.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-25.jpg
Looks best in white.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-26.jpg
At first glance I thought this was 2 Citys side by side. The sales guy had to reconfirm it was a Civic parked near a City.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-27.jpg
This is probably going to be its best selling colour.

But for a Rs 21 L car, 6 airbags should be mandatory from Honda. For someone who is concerned about safety, paying 7 L more than the base variant for getting 6 airbags is ridiculous. The Honda dealership has delivered 3 Civic's so far. So far interest has been mainly from Honda City owners looking for an upgrade, next segment is from VW and Skoda owners looking for a change. Maximum interest is for the petrol automatic combination so far. The current waiting period of 2 months minimum.
neil.jericho is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 22:57   #390
BHPian

Hi folks,

Had an opportunity the weekend gone by to have a look at the 2019 Honda Civic. Here below are my postulates:

- This is the car which I could feel has the true Honda DNA in terms of quality.

- Unlike the previous Civic(discontinued in 2013), the new Civic offers a decent 170 mm ground clearance(this isn't documented officially but I learnt it from the sales executive at the showroom). It felt enough to maneuver speed breakers and pot holes considering an ample 2700 mm wheelbase.

- As always with the Civic, it is a low slung vehicle.

- Extra wide (1.8 meter), low height and large wheelbase = Superior stability at high speeds, but also difficult to maneuver in tight spaces/streets.

- Although a mere 5.85 meter turning radius is amazing from D segment standards.

- The doors felt solid and heavy. Even the metal sheet and plastic quality of the bumpers felt nice.

- Tight & even panel gaps. Good job Honda.

- Didn't notice any evident area of cost cutting.

- The spare wheel sitting in the boot is alloy and same sized (16" for V & VX and 17" for ZX)

- Wheel wells get full cladding. Inner side of the boot lid has cladding as well. Reminded me of my high 2008 Honda City ZX.

- 430 L boot space sounds less, but it looked decent enough.

- For a 20.27 lac rupee vehicle (OTR), the V version isn't really worth it. It is really a shame for what it offers. Viz. no TFT MID, driver seat manual height adjust, no illuminated vanity mirrors, minimalist 5" ICE etc.

- While the VX variant sounds more value, it is only the top ZX trim which makes the most of sense for a D segment brand called Civic.

The ZX version was loaded with accessories.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-0-accessories.jpg

Notice that the dashboard doesn't extend too much.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-1-dash-extension.jpg

Sleeping multicolored TFT in VX & ZX variants.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-2-mid_console.jpg

Multicolored TFT comes to life. Looks contemporary.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-3-mid_console_life-1.jpg

A lot of useful information on display
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-4-mid_console_life-2.jpg

Notice the dummy buttons. Missing ventilated seats perhaps in Indian version?
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-5-dummy_zx.jpg

ZX variant: Lane Watch cam protrudes out. Lane Watch turns on along with the left hand side turn signal. Even with the one touch lane change function in Hondas.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-6-lane-watch-protuding.jpg

A closer look.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-7-lane-watch-cam.jpg

Considering the width of Civic(1.8m) = turning your head to look into the left hand side ORVM, I think this view in the ICE screen is pretty useful.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-8-lane-watch-view.jpg

Comparing the views, notice that the Lane Watch offers a wider view.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-9-orvm-vs-lane-watch.jpg

17" alloys of ZX certainly look better.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-10-alloy.jpg

ZX variant: The HMSL isn't an LED. Not good Honda, eh!
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-11-no_led_zx.jpg

For someone as me, a reliable engine matters the most. A time-tested, reliable and super refined 1.8L i-vtec may be considered old-school but is still lovely. A turbo version could have been introduced though in this generation.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-12-under-hood.jpg

Under body engine protection has been provided. As mentioned earlier, no signs of cost cutting in this car.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-13-under-body-protection.jpg

Notice the windshield washer tank lies in a different territory.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-14-washer.jpg

The other side leaves a void space though.
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-15-void-space.jpg

That said, with mere 2 weeks since launch, I have noticed atleast 10 Civic on the road. Interestingly all ZX trim. The road presence is certainly good.

Cheers!
Nohonking is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks