Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2019, 13:28   #406
BHPian

Re: Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
My pick is still the one on the right
Looks are subjective etc. In my view, the new Civic looks smashing in this angle. It the front which takes a bit of getting used to. Saw one last night at India Gate and, I am not exaggerating, that rear looked D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.

Future ready looks of old civic when it was launched make sure it does not look bad even today. But, nostalgia and familiarity of the old Civic apart, the new trumps the old. Again, in my view.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 17:52   #407
Senior - BHPian

New Honda Civic in Very Good Demand

Honda has already received over 2400 bookings in 40 days.

Styling and Fuel Efficiency a big factors favouring buyers.

Has already outsold segment sales numbers of past 5 months.

Source
CarguyNish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 23:06   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Honda has already received over 2400 bookings in 40 days.

Styling and Fuel Efficiency a big factors favouring buyers.

Has already outsold segment sales numbers of past 5 months.

Source
It's a fantastic car with a butter smooth transmission but it's not fuel efficient! Mine returns 9 km/l (it's the CVT ZX) and that's what people should expect. Don't fall for Honda's figures of 16km/l please. I owned the previous Civic AT with the same engine but a torque converter transmission and it returned 8 to a litre. This ones only slightly better. I have been driving an Altis CVT (also a 1.8) and it never returned more than 9 so please be realistic people. My wife used to own a CITY 1.5 CVT and it never delivered better than 9.5 ever. Trust me when I say Honda VTECS are lovely engines but they are not fuel efficient !! Period

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st March 2019 at 15:09. Reason: Typo / spacing in quoted post
nik_kapur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 14:26   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Trust me when I say Honda VTECS are lovely engines but they are not fuel efficient !! Period
I'm assuming that you're giving us normal city driving mileage numbers? I'm sure I speak for most of the new generation City owners when I say that we get an average of 10 km/l mileage in cities and around 15 km/l plus on highways. Of course, the way you drive also affects your mileage - so it really is subjective.

Would like to know how much mileage you' re getting on highways for the new Civic ?
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 15:05   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's a fantastic car with a butter smooth transmission but it's not fuel efficient! Mine returns 9 km/l (it's the CVT ZX) and that's what people should expect. Don't fall for Honda's figures of 16km/l please. I owned the previous Civic AT with the same engine but a torque converter transmission and it returned 8 to a litre. This ones only slightly better. I have been driving an Altis CVT (also a 1.8) and it never returned more than 9 so please be realistic people. My wife used to own a CITY 1.5 CVT and it never delivered better than 9.5 ever. Trust me when I say Honda VTECS are lovely engines but they are not fuel efficient !! Period
My manual Civic used to return around 11 to 12 in Mumbai traffic with careful driving. People on the forum have reported their Civic's returning around 15 on highways. I would say Honda's engines are fuel efficient it's just that one doesn't really wants to drive them in a fuel efficient way as they more fun to revv.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 15:13   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
My manual Civic used to return around 11 to 12 in Mumbai traffic with careful driving. People on the forum have reported their Civic's returning around 15 on highways. I would say Honda's engines are fuel efficient it's just that one doesn't really wants to drive them in a fuel efficient way as they more fun to revv.
Well sir if you got 11 on a manual then around 9 on an automatic (irrespective of the tech) should be acceptable. 15 on highway runs is debatable but I’ll be happy to agree to that. But when I was referring to the fuel efficiency I was talking about city driving only. Now coming to the point of Honda VTECS being fuel efficient ? My question back to you is that which manufacturer does not achieve these figures from 1.8s and 1.5s ? What is so special about Honda ? I think they achieve industry standards but they don’t surprise or deliver more... simply average
nik_kapur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 17:32   #412
BHPian

Its TD time

Went to Honda Showroom (Vision Honda) at Kochi
Had high expectations from them regarding the TD
They did give the 1.8 CVT ZX for test drive, unfortunately it was brief as the whole team was gearing up for some other activity.

Went there with intent of calling them home and giving them the cheque, but I was disappointed. Civic CVT is not my type of car. May be the TD was too short.

Found the seat to be very low. I was always sitting knee up with all the adjustments done to the seat. The right leg was in an awkward position on the accelerator. The left foot was comfortable though. The right leg had to work more is what I felt. I may be wrong here. The engine was silent, but the hum during slow acceleration was irritating me. There was a prominent sound which sounded like a "metro whine". Noise from the tyres were pretty bad as well. Civic did pick up speeds well on accelerator inputs, but there was no drama or urgency. Sports mode was better. Could not try the car on free roads as the traffic was heavy. Some how felt that this car was not something I could connect with. Felt a lot of disconnect, with the engine, the road and of course the steering at low speeds. Getting out was a pain as well as the seats for my comfort was set low. Wifey and kids were disappointed with the low seat. 4 years in the S cross and they were spoiled with the high seats and easy ingress.

May be I need a longish test drive to get used to low seats, "sporty" appeal and ofcourse to CVT. I need at least 2-3 hours with the car to convince myself to put 23 big ones on the VX CVT trim. May be I should wait for some of my friends to buy one and experience the car. I am not convinced as of now to buy this car, though I was hell excited at launch. It was a relief to walk back in to my S cross and savour the underpowered convenience and comfort.
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 18:32   #413
BHPian

Quote:
... own a CITY 1.5 CVT and it never delivered better than 9.5 ever. Trust me when I say Honda VTECS are lovely engines but they are not fuel efficient !! Period
Strange. Maybe something to do with driving style? I also drive a City VX CVT in Delhi, regularly get 11.5-12 kmpl with AC. In winters it goes up to 13-13.5 easily. This is tankful to tankful.
Old 31st March 2019, 10:47   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Source
Good news for enthusiasts. A couple of years from now there will be plenty of options in the used car markets as the rich folks off-load their rides for upgrading .

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 31st March 2019 at 11:11.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 11:28   #415
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Good news for enthusiasts.
Not really. Honda resale is unlikely to drop as much as brands like Skoda, especially if sales pick up.

3 years down the line when these cars start hitting the used car market - expect to get Octy 1.8 TSi for lesser money, or the vRS for similar rates as a top end Civic.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st March 2019 at 11:49.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 00:10   #416
BHPian

“The eagle has landed”

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-pdi-1.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-pdi1b.jpg

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-pdi4.jpg

The car reached Thiruvananthapuram on Saturday evening and was unloaded from truck on Sunday. I did the initial checking. The Vin matched. The car looks great. It might take a week before delivery due to some pending paper work and busy schedule for my brother.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-pdi6.jpg

ZX petrol Golden Brown Metallic also arrived along with our car yesterday. I liked the colour. First lot had a Red Civic. It looked smashing.

Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-pdi5.jpg

Team-bhp fan’s car in the yard.

Quote:
It's a fantastic car with a butter smooth transmission but it's not fuel efficient! Mine returns 9 km/l (it's the CVT ZX) and that's what people should expect. Don't fall for Honda's figures of 16km/l please. Trust me when I say Honda VTECS are lovely engines but they are not fuel efficient !! Period
Don’t worry about the fuel efficiency. Fuel efficiency of CRV (2.4, 5-speed AT) is about 8 km/l (50% highway, 50% city and 25% Sport mode).

3rd Gen City used to give me 13 km/l in similar conditions even when it had crossed 1.5 lakh km. For 4th Gen Honda City (Manual, Petrol) fuel efficiency is about 13 to 14 km/l (50% highway and 50% city). For a good driver like Bhpian “M00M” the CRV (2.4) gives 6-8 km/l in Mumbai traffic and about 10-13.6 km/l on the highway.

Enjoy your car. Fuel efficiency will improve over time.
Mevtec is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 13:34   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Inside the new Civic production line at @ Honda Car India's factory.

volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 15:15   #418
BHPian

I really wish @GTO and the Gurus come up with a comprehensive review soon.

Somehow a car launch doesn't feel complete until a TBHP review has been savoured over an evening.

Also I'm very conflicted over this car. It's almost like when a beloved relative who had passed away long back has returned to life. You are happy because they are back, but you are also nonplussed because, well, they just don't feel the same as old.

A piping hot review from TBHP will help me resolve these feelings

Cheers,
R_S
roadie_swift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 23:51   #419
Senior - BHPian

The latest upgrade has arrived (courtesy Aliexpress once again).
Applied the Lip Spoiler myself using a 3M double tape that they had provided.
To my surprise, the paint is an exact match ! I guess the paint color code is matched to the T in every country that the car is produced.
I hated the old school spoiler with a light that Honda is trying to pam off as an original accessory, it doesn't look classy at all.
What do you guys think ?
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Honda Civic spotted testing in India! Edit: Launched @ 17.69 lakhs-img_4535.jpeg  

Last edited by nik_kapur : 1st April 2019 at 23:58.
nik_kapur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 09:44   #420
BHPian

Quote:
The latest upgrade has arrived (courtesy Aliexpress once again).
Applied the Lip Spoiler myself using a 3M double tape that they had provided.
?
Looks great Nik!

Honda could certainly do better with the accessories they offer in India for their cars, I found the stuff offered for the civic to be quite garish.

I must say, I really like the Civic, from your pics and the demo car I saw - the paint finish and shut lines are immaculate.
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks