Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th December 2018, 17:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Tata Motors plans to upgrade its sales network

According to a media report, Tata Motors is planning a large-scale upgrade of its sales network. The overhaul will take place over the next 1 year as the carmaker prepares to launch new products into the market.

Tata Motors plans to upgrade its sales network-harrier5.png

The upgrades will focus on improving the ambience of the showrooms, implementing new technologies and enhancing the workforce across all dealerships. Dealerships will have a lounge with Wi-Fi connectivity.

Tata plans to setup 2,000 dealerships by 2021-22. These will utilize augmented reality and virtual reality platforms based on 4G and 5G technologies to offer a virtual showroom experience to customers.

Tata Motors is also planning to upgrade its workshops. The carmaker is reportedly in the process of hiring more than 800 sales executives ahead of the launch of the Harrier SUV.

Source: Economic Times

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 17:25   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Motors plans to upgrade its sales network

This is a much asked for improvement, desired from all customers. Really long pending. Customers are seldom attended to, and Salespeople often look away or are busy on the phone. Home is where the money is, and Tata can really rake in the moolah right here in India - since the products are all coming together nicely. I have no complaints regarding service but hear about one of two erring dealers/service partners regularly on the Nexonites, Bangalore WhatsApp.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 17:30   #3
BHPian

Wish they also improve their service.

Biggest worry for potential customers of Harrier would be whether they would be able to get 'proper' service of their vehicle or would it be treated like any other Sumo or Indica
RSimonS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 18:15   #4
BHPian

As for me for these wonderful products to succeed, Tata motors needs to work upon the improvement in the service levels. We have come across all the new car test drive reports where the service part has been mentioned as "Hit or Miss" type of scenario. Any customer(myself included) purchasing a new car is hesitant as he has this very important aspect at the back of his mind. The horror stories of service of Skoda and Volkswagen are known to almost all the members of this forum. Nobody would want to fall in the same league after buying one such Tata car.
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 08:55   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

An opportune time too! Till just a couple of years back, Tata's product line was old & full of slow sellers. Now, the volumes are there, products are fresh and promising new ones are on the way (including the Harrier). With this situation, Tata can actually ask the dealerships to make new investments in the display area & HR (not much you can request of dealers if your cars aren't selling). In fact, thanks to Tata's new cars, I'm sure they have started receiving a lot of dealer applications from interested parties.

Good cars need good retail space . Maruti has also been working on improving its showrooms since the last 2 years.

Last edited by GTO : 6th December 2018 at 09:28.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 09:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have noticed that TATA showrooms are most ill-managed. Broken chairs, dirty floor and unprofessional pan/gutkha chewing sales staff. Two days back I visited local TATA showroom with my friend for TATA HEXA. The in-charge SA for HEXA wasn't even clear about variant wise price and discounts. He literally fought with another SA for his misplaced price list in front of us. He didn't even bother to take our contact number as potential HEXA customer.

TATA motors now have amazing products in their arsenal. They need upgraded sales touch-points and highly trained resources to handle and sell these products. All the very best to TATA Motors.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 19:57   #7
BHPian

Sure hope they do, for their own sake. Was in the market for a 7 seater this October. I probably could not pay Tata enough for a test ride of the Hexa in Pune. Lackadaisical at best and absolutely couldn't give a damn about getting back. This is after requesting for a test drive twice. Finally received a tentative call back AFTER 3 weeks asking if I was still looking at the Hexa. I could have sworn that the lady on the phone was relieved when I told her that i had already closed on and booked the XUV 500. Hey, anything to get out of doing some work.

Last edited by kingofkings : 6th December 2018 at 20:00. Reason: minor edit
kingofkings is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 21:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Default Tata Motors plans to upgrade its sales network

Agree on Tata's poorly managed sales network. We have just had the booking details of around 3800 customers being sent out inadvertently to a BHPian who has booked the Harrier.

Tata could and should rebrand its products and showrooms.

Probably a swanky new name for both their cars and showrooms may just be the trick that is needed in the urban markets.

They probably need to reposition a few cars and suvs as premium and probably have an all new nomenclature for the line up.

Probably a Lexus or a Genesis kind of name for their so called premium cars. XYZ by Tata.

Tata showrooms currently have profile mix with both the cab market and the premium customers going to the same showrooms.

Training, training and more training is the name of the game.

Toyota also has the very same problem, but has a cult following,most walk-ins on the Crysta and Fortuner are predicided. I bought an Innova Crysta 2.8 Z for the office without actually seeing the car in person when it was launched.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 6th December 2018 at 21:58.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote