Lexus ES 300h 29 1.48%
Voters: 1964. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 12:29   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Marazzo

I chose the Marazzo on the following counts:

1. am proud to see an Indian product that has stirred the market up the same way XUV500 did approx. 7 years ago.

2. except the slight overpricing, it ticks all boxes - right sized engine, right sized interior, good road manners, and stunning looks. I've followed Marazzos on the roads like the Paparazzi and just can't take my eyes off this showstopper .

3. the Marazzo's 4 star rating in the NCAP.
Old 10th December 2018, 12:36   #167
BHPian

Voted for Swift though as many have pointed out not much to choose from in terms of options this year. Personally for me look of the car is something that really matters a lot. The aesthetics of a well designed car is something to behold.

Indian market does not see a lot of really good looking car and I think Swift stands apart and simply one of the best looking cars around.
Old 10th December 2018, 12:36   #168
BHPian

I voted for Marazzo - as it had some clear advantages over the others in the competition when you look at what it brings to the market.

Quite revolutionary from the manufacturer bringing in a platform within the gaps left behind by other players.

Adding on top of it is its sheer offering, when it comes to practicality and list of features. It shall surely be the benchmark for the category and 5 stars for being an unique choice in the price band which is essentially occupied by sedans, compact SUVs
Old 10th December 2018, 12:38   #169
Senior - BHPian

Not voting yet. There is no car on the list I would put my money on.
If I had to vote for one, it would be the Marazzo for being distinct and unlike what the brand has been churning out for some time now.
Old 10th December 2018, 12:46   #170
Senior - BHPian

Voted XC40 obviously. Though it has its share of flaws, it is the only one in that list that I'd consider buying. It brings in the tech of two segments above at a much more approachable price point.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 12:51   #171
BHPian

My vote is for the XC40.

It was a pleasure to drive and the tech which is packed into the car is just brilliant! Having driven all its competition, it was the car that really made me feel "safe". The engine is a bit sedated but in combination with the 8-Speed GB it's a well balanced package.
Old 10th December 2018, 12:55   #172
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Marazzo.

Out of the list which happens to be not as impressive as few lists from past, was confused between two cars : Swift and Marazzo.
Swift prices have gone up and variant spread is such that one has to tilt towards ZXi/ZDi or top variant. Build quality hasn't exactly gone up and is average for its class. Agreed, petrol is gem of an engine but its time to retire that diesel mill.

Marazzo it is for me then. When I had a test drive, I did a back to back drive with my 2012 Innova. Marazzo was a pleasant surprise. Sufficient grunt, very good ride, spacious cabin, strong build pin point to a comfortable people mover. Light steering means it can handle urban jungle well. As a product it has some flaws and M4 could have had a longer equipment list. But out of listed cars, Marazzo strikes a good balance between heart and head.

Amaze - Its improved definitely still doesn't feel as good as I expect a Honda product to be.

Santro - Good effort, but IIRC, first generation Santro had more comfortable front seats than the current car. Doesn't appeal to either heart or head. Pocket friendly, but products with better overall package aren't that far away. Tiago's built remains the best in its class.

Ertiga - Lacks overall finesse. Had a test drive and wasnt impressed overall. At that price a more refined petrol plus larger, powerful diesel are a must.

Yaris - Good safety list, well built. Priced too high, rear headroom is not impressive.
Old 10th December 2018, 13:07   #173
BHPian

Surprised to not find a Tata vehicle here.
Anyway, voted for the Marazzo which I think is one of the best looking vehicles to come out of the Mahindra stable.
The car looks good and the finishing is good too. Overall a great package. Good job Mahindra.
Old 10th December 2018, 13:28   #174
BHPian

Voted for the Marazzo.

I dont think I can add much to what other BHPians have already said about voting for the Marazzo - just that it was somehow a moment of pride voting for an Indian car which seems to have done almost everything right.

For quite a few years now, I have seen people on various forums such as YouTube talk down the Indian cars, the quality and the design. Not all of the comments were without truth. With the Mahindra Marazzo (and the Tata Harrier), we seem to be on the cusp of a turnaround for the home-grown cars.

Kudos to the people behind the car, I am sure it must be an even greater moment of pride for them.
Old 10th December 2018, 13:29   #175
BHPian

again Marazzo albeit a half hearted vote. Would have loved to vote for Yaris but the pricing is off.

If COTY has to do with wow factor, I felt neither Marazzo nor Yaris qualify. The closest launch with wow factor in my opinion has to be Tiago JTP. An under 7 lakhs power house. Unfortunately it falls under "Tiago" therefore did not qualify for COTY.
Old 10th December 2018, 13:42   #176
BHPian

Why was the 2018 Brezza not included? One of the highest selling compact SUV this year. Any particular reason?
Old 10th December 2018, 13:57   #177
Senior - BHPian

Not very impressed with the list of cars competing for the COTY-2018.
Wished we had better and safer cars to choose from. Voted for Marazzo. In my opinion it’s a unique product in its class made by an Indian manufacturer, with decent looks and safety rating.
Old 10th December 2018, 13:59   #178
BHPian

Voted for the Santro, I feel Hyundai has done a great job to give this car a new life with great new features, should sell decently.

The vote has been half hearted as all competitors don't tick all the right boxes, some score in safety, some in features, some in looks, some in quality.
Old 10th December 2018, 13:59   #179
Senior - BHPian

Not much to choose from. Have selected the Marazzo based on its safety rating of 4-stars. Besides Tata, I see Mahindra now try to up its ante. The XUV is a huge suspect though. Hope they keep upgrading themselves with a decent lineage instead of mere lipstick work.
Old 10th December 2018, 14:12   #180
BHPian

I have voted for Mahindra Marazzo. To me it seems to be a sincere effort considering the competition offerings in mind. Many a time, I felt Mahindra plays in a particular manner and loses sight of wider customer appreciation - Quanto, KUV, Nuvosport & like.
Wherein this car is conceived very differently and seems pretty promising.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed