Audi Q5 10 0.51%
Lexus ES 300h 29 1.48%
Voters: 1964. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 14:14   #181
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Marazzo

Voted for hugely improved Ertiga, which was a success package earlier too.

However, seeing 40+ votes for Alturas is very heartening. Although it's priced in the vicinity of Fortuner, it seems to have hugely improved interiors and the feeling of luxury, which Fortuner always and still lacks. Really looking forward for a TD.
Old 10th December 2018, 14:15   #182
BHPian

I had been checking the list for the last few days finding it hard to decide on which car to vote. Unlike the other years where it was done in a jiffy.

But once I read about the 4 star rating for the Marazzo, voted for it rightly so. Kudos to Mahindra for getting into that league of safer cars. Post the xuv500, 6 airbag fiasco discussed in details here in this forum, i hope it brings some respite for them.

Rest of the cars in the list may be good in their own right but doesn’t inspire me to vote for any of them. Santro is an opportunity missed even though it may set the sales charts on fire.
Old 10th December 2018, 14:23   #183
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Swift. Yes, it still lacks the solidity but the new design looks great, improves on the space and utility aspect and remains a 'must have Maruti' in your garage
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 14:43   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

I personally do not like any of the cars in the voting list, but just got a PM reminder about voting hence VOTED for the Hyundai SANTRO which IMO is a great comeback of the HERO which built brand HYUNDAI.

Last edited by navin : 10th December 2018 at 16:38. Reason: typo
Old 10th December 2018, 15:38   #185
BHPian

Voted for the Mahindra Marazzo.

It does seem to be a worthy alternative to the king that is the Toyota Innova (notwithstanding the fact that Tata Hexa is a better alternative).
Got some good features and going by the increasing frequency with which I'm spotting it on the Bangalore roads in both white and yellow boards, I'm guessing it is quite popular with cabbies and the general public.
Old 10th December 2018, 15:42   #186
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Amaze. The difference between the two generations of the Amaze is day and night. A very well packaged car and is actually a competition for the Dzire unlike the previous gen. If I was in the market for a compact sedan today, this would be my pick. It's got just the right proportions for city use and at the same time can double up as a highway runner with a not too bad luggage carrying capacity.

Second in line would be the Ertiga. Does everything the previous gen did, in a better fashion.

I don't know how people who dislike the looks of the Amaze can digest that of the Marazzo. A horrid looking vehicle which is neither here nor there. I did not consider vehicles at the top of of the spectrum as the sales for these are few and far in between.
Old 10th December 2018, 15:49   #187
BHPian

I was hoping to see a FORD in the list which makes my heart beat; Not having it there i have voted for Toyota Yaris, I think this car will change the course of how this particular segment is looked at, and there will be some more players soon eye for the spot which has been a loose end because of the success of sub-4 sedans.
Old 10th December 2018, 17:05   #188
BHPian

Voted for Marazzo.
It is long pending for a Innova competitor. There were a lot of far off/failed attempts by many of our manufacturers.
This by far could be worthy one, though there are still, many areas where this new car falls short of Innova, but it will definitely take away some of Innova's market share and push others to introduce better MPVs here.
With a hope to see better cars in the 7-seater MPV segment!
Old 10th December 2018, 17:06   #189
BHPian

Have voted for Years but when was the last time a Luxury car got this award here?

Considering the economic spread in my view budget car & luxury cars should have separate polls e.g. TBHP Mass car of the year & TBHP Niche car of the year.

I know its against the philosophy of the forum to have too many awards but look at the data spread - more mass users then niche or luxury users. Considering this what are the odds of Luxury car getting the pole position?

As of 5:05 PM on Dec 10 - Total votes 1186 & out of this 17.87% only for Luxury segment.
Old 10th December 2018, 17:07   #190
BHPian

I voted for the ES 300h! Really couldn't make up mind on which to vote for - I look for reliability, safety, satisfaction, good performance - in that order. I am not fond of quick turnovers of my possessions and prefer something with good endurance and stamp of quality and authority on them. Had to eventually be the ES 300h!
Old 10th December 2018, 17:14   #191
BHPian

I have voted for Mahindra Marazzo. Took a very long TD of Marazzo and was impressed with the space, the technology (Multi Media, MID and Dials) the superb seats and the versatility of the engine.

Third row is usable if you and the one sitting just in front in below 6'0 ft. Engine is refined, smooth and never runs out of breath. In my very honest opinion, Toyota Innova is very much hyped. It's time people look far ahead of re-sale value and service cost! I don't mind paying a bit more for maintenance, cos it makes me happy cos I am enjoying every moment with my car thoroughly.

Economy, Maintenance cost and re-sale value the Indian way of automotive market. These kill the automotive enthusiast in you.

Clutch, Shift, Gas, Power- repeat!
Old 10th December 2018, 17:20   #192
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted Mahindra Marazzo

The Swift & Ertiga may be "All-new" technically, but Maruti has had older generations of these for several years now and will expectedly identify the shortcomings/improvements for each iteration with all their sales and marketing expertise in the Indian market.

As for Amaze - Honda is course-correcting after earlier lost opportunities.

The Santro was the first on my list for COTY 2018, but then after reading the Marazzo review, favored that over the Santro. I think it's a great effort by Mahindra, hope they can position the Marazzo as the VFM vehicle for those with smaller budgets (and the Taxi market) who need the space, can live with lesser fancy features and cannot afford the Innova/XUV 500. Very aspirational target segment this, now if only they improve their after sales service to provide a more consistent experience for customers, they do have a winner

Last edited by NPV : 10th December 2018 at 17:26.
Old 10th December 2018, 17:55   #193
BHPian

It was a call to choose amongst the Honda Amaze, Mahindra Marazzo and Toyota Yaris for me.

While Toyota Yaris brought in the segment first seven airbags which is a tremendous safety net to have, the premium asked by Toyota was too much atleast for my liking. Yaris did not get my vote for its over zealous pricing even though I would not mind the absence of a diesel option as Yaris is unlikely to get a powerful one even if it had to.

With respect to Marazzo, it is the highest level of engineering and build that could be achieved by our home bred Mahindra and a big thumbs up for that. The quality levels are on par with its competition and this Mahindra scores well in the looks department too. I felt while the lower variants have been priced juicily, the top variants are priced far enough to form a segment of their own and that pricing with a just about adequately powered 1.5 L engine to pull the 1.5 ton behemoth made me hestitate to vote for the shark inspired people mover.

Now, coming to the Japanese offering in the sub 4m sedan space, the Amaze ticks almost all the right boxes like space, decent build quality and zingy performance while throwing its best party trick of CVT + diesel combo which is a first ever offering in India and a bold move that. And that is the reason the Honda manages to win my vote albeit just.
Old 10th December 2018, 18:29   #194
BHPian

It has to be Honda Amaze. Such a great package (features, engine, and space). It is hard for anyone in the compact sedan market to look beyond the diesel CVT combo.
Old 10th December 2018, 18:30   #195
BHPian

Voted for Mahindra Alturas
Even though the review is pending, it seems to be a big step from Mahindra. The car looks and feels premium. Eagerly waiting for the TBHP review.
The success of the car is still a big question looking at the competition.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks