BMW X3 36 2.81%
Lexus NX 300h 5 0.39%
Audi Q5 8 0.62%
Lexus ES 300h 24 1.87%
Voters: 1283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th December 2018, 18:32   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018

Honestly - I don’t feel like voting this year due to lack of contenders like GTO said. Super draught hit year for automobile industry in India. I wonder why JTP twins aren’t here on this list? I would’ve rated for them because of safety, looks & performance factor. I’m waiting for mods review on those twins.

On this list, Swift would’ve been good if not for the pathetic safety rating it achieved. Suzuki sucks when it comes to providing safety kit on their cars. But it’s surprising to see Brezza to have got 4 stars. Keeping this discussion to another thread.

Last edited by gururajrv : 10th December 2018 at 18:35.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 19:06   #197

As many have stated already, I was also looking for the Tiago JTP. From the available cars though i voted for Volvo XC40. I am not sure how it has been positioned in India but i saw it on the roads here in Germany and i loved the design.

Its a modern, angular design and look a perfect mini Volvo. Volvo brought its robust SUV design in a smaller body and at a pretty reasonable price (here in EU).

I will be visiting India soon and am very keen to experience the Marazzo but as such i am not a fan of its design and hence it did not get my vote.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th December 2018 at 19:23. Reason: Adding paragraph break for better readability. Thanks.
MaGosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 19:39   #198

Really a dry year for all the enthusiasts. None of them look worthy enough for a "COTY" title. The contenders for me would be :

Hyundai Santro : The good old Santro is back with the Petrol AT and the CNG variants which are good options for all the budget family car seekers. Hope to see some magic in the sale numbers in the coming months.

Maruti Swift: I like the new design and the petrol engine ( When will this diesel engine change?) but the 2 star safety rating turned this decision off.

Honda Amaze: A nice car doing great with the sale numbers recently. But the car looks a bit ugly from the back. ( No offence to anyone )

Toyota Yaris : 7 airbags and AT for all variants looks good but the price seems a bit high.

Mahindra Marazzo : Fantastic car made by Mahindra , offering enough grunt and features for that price. 4 star rating is something to be proud of in the current Indian car market lacking safe cars.

My vote goes for > Marazzo
Gonewiththewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 19:49   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

It was tough for me to chose between the Marazzo and the Yaris.

The Marazzo looks great. The ride is comfortable, handling is good and more importantly it scored 4* safety ratings.

The Yaris on the other hand offers 7 air bags as a standard feature & its automatic version is available right from the base variant.
So a customer can get an automatic with 7 airbags right from the base variant which is normally not very common among other manufacturers. Its a segment first.
Plus keeping the reliability factor in mind, i voted for the Yaris.

So my vote goes to the Yaris with Marazzo being a very close second and the Santro in 3rd position.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 20:04   #200

Thumbs up Re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018

Maruti Swift because of performance, A.S.S. network, maintenance and most importantly the mileage. Although, I didn’t find anything eye catchy in case of looks, my voting decision was based upon its overall practicality. Since our roads and traffic are notorious for potholes and jams respectively and also fuel isn’t cheap, I think this is an apt car one can own. It checks all department.
sabi_swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 20:25   #201
BHPian

I have voted for Ertiga because it overcomes many of its earlier drawbacks with space, looks and introducing AT box in the higher variant - it just ticks all boxes for a 5+2 extended family needs under or around the 10L
harishhm74 is online now   Reply With Quote