Audi Q5 10 0.51%
Lexus ES 300h 29 1.48%
Voters: 1964. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2018, 22:21   #106

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Marazzo

Voted for Marazzo.

I feel it is most practical alternative to the expensive Innova.
Old 9th December 2018, 00:20   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Surprised that the Marazzo is garnering so many votes. I can't really find a compelling reason for it to be so popular. Looks like I need to read the review again to check out why it's so popular or is it that Indians are moving to MUVs to move their big extend families.
There's just nothing else this year that's even as good enough! Reluctantly voted for Marazzo as for lack of options - quite a dull year.
Old 9th December 2018, 01:22   #108
BHPian

Really a dry run this time! Not many cars launched, I remember we had plenty of cars last year!

Coming to the vote, have voted for Santro. It makes a very compelling case for people like me who can’t stand a Maruti but looking for good CNG alternatives for City/Office Runs! Plus it’s a Hyundai so the maintenance and resale should be as good as it gets!
Old 9th December 2018, 01:22   #109
BHPian

Interestingly, Marazzo has a traversly mounted engine on a ladder frame chassis. FWD only setup it is. The choice of a small turbo engine is appropriate for this setup. Good engineering effort there. As a people mover the configuration is just right. Innova on the other hand is a true blue SUV configuration vehicle, a little bit of overkill for people loaded highway run. I liked that they didn't copy paste Innova in a bid to compete with it. My vote goes for the thought process of the development team. Their ads though is not at all good.

Edit: I voted for Alruras for COTY, since it speaks to me as a aspirational product. Korean car under a Indian logo.

Last edited by gauravanekar : 9th December 2018 at 01:25.
Old 9th December 2018, 07:00   #110
BHPian

My vote goes to Honda Amaze and very close competitor is Marazzo.

The B2 and C1 segment contribute large sale numbers in our market. Many manufacturers want to make the presence in this segment which could help them in gaining mass attraction. With Maruti and Hyundai being giants in these segments, simply no other manufacturer is in a position to compete with them.

Honda has attempted with a perfect weapon and that's "diesel CVT". Not only the CVT, exterior design, space and interiors have gone way ahead better than old Amaze. The efforts of Honda coming back to market is very significant in this model. This was the first model from Honda which sold 10,000 copies in July 2018. Though they don't sell the numbers as good as Maruti and Hyundai, yet they have tasted a success in the market and it shook the competitors too. With this kind of attempt, Honda has gained the confidence which would help them in focussing more better products in future.

Last edited by navin : 15th January 2019 at 13:15. Reason: typos, grammar, formatting.
Old 9th December 2018, 07:59   #111
BHPian

It is surprising that Mahindra Marazzo is leading by a huge margin - ahead of Maruti Ertiga,Swift,, Honda Amaze etc. Too many Marazzo fans? Incidentally, the Marazzo official review thread is almost inactive.
Old 9th December 2018, 08:18   #112
BANNED

With the Figo losing its USP (handling), maruti quickly chipped in to fill the void. Unlike the previous generation, this time, the Swift and dzire have more than just the dikki to set then apart. They have unique personalities.

But the new Swift is here because it was time for an update. Not because its numbers were taking a heavy hit.

The lack of Captain seats makes me wanna look past the ertiga even though it's a great product, now polished. Marazzo seems overpriced. It'd cost me less to just get aftermarket Captain seats for the ertiga.

But the one that takes the cake is the amaze. Because it's fighting am uphill battle with the dzire, which is the sender leader for a reason; and it's not making it easy for the dzire. Diesel cvt is another revolution and a ups for the Honda. Unlike Hyundai, Honda didn't wait to see the market response before blessing the amaze with safety kit. Good move. And it gets my vote.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 9th December 2018 at 08:20.
Old 9th December 2018, 08:52   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Voted for the "Flop of the Year", the Yaris. The Yaris brings two firsts to the market.

1) 7 airbags in all variants right from the cheapest to the most expensive

2) AT available in all variants.

Was a brave move, and just for those two reasons, the Yaris deserves to be the Car of the Year.
+1. Voted for Yaris for the same reason and also,
a) Yaris is a 4 star GNCAP.
b) Yaris can be considered to be more reliable compared to Marazzo.
c) Has 7 airbags in all variants compared to 2 in Marazzo
d) the option of extended warranty up to 7 year is a great confidence booster to go in favour of Yaris while it is not the case with Marazzo, particularly with the past history of niggles in Mahindra's products.

I thought Yaris is a better product overall. Having said that, Toyota Yaris may not be Value For Money in view of the greedy pricing.

Had Toyota launched the Rush this year ( at realistic pricing), the Marazzo would have got a stiff fight.

Last edited by DImPo : 9th December 2018 at 09:13.
Old 9th December 2018, 10:37   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
It is surprising that Mahindra Marazzo is leading by a huge margin - ahead of Maruti Ertiga,Swift,, Honda Amaze etc. Too many Marazzo fans? Incidentally, the Marazzo official review thread is almost inactive.
In my view, it's the effect of "latest launch hence freshest in people's minds".

Had the Amaze been launched very recently, I am pretty sure it would have been leading the charts in this thread .
Old 9th December 2018, 11:02   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
In my view, it's the effect of "latest launch hence freshest in people's minds".

Had the Amaze been launched very recently, I am pretty sure it would have been leading the charts in this thread .
Marazzo brings a new segment - a much needed competitor to fill the wide gap between the carlike Ertiga and the premium Innova. Its a completely new product in every sense. Amaze has only the diesel CVT as a new item - rest everything it has been playing catchup with the DZire - losing steam fast with respect to sales as well.

TATA could have done a complete sweep of the votebank this year had the Harrier made it to the market a month in advance.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 12:48   #116
BHPian

I voted for Amaze, for what it offers for the money within the 4 meter boundary and the unbeatable Diesel+CVT combination.
Old 9th December 2018, 14:00   #117
BHPian

Voted for Marazzo. It has the correct values for an MPV and is an ideal car for Indian families. Has terrific sound insulation and suspension. Is smooth and refined unlike any Mahindra before. Is the correct size 4.5 m unlike leviathan competition like Hexa and Crysta > 4.7m. Turning radius of 5.25 meter makes it easy to park and pilot in congested cities. Is more substantial and better engineered than BRV/Lodgy/Ertiga. The recent 4 star safety rating adds another feather in its cap.
Old 9th December 2018, 15:53   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for Marazzo.

A well thought after product from M&M, everyone is praising about its seating comfort (something M&M vehicles are not known for) and 4 star rating.
Old 9th December 2018, 16:59   #119
HrB
BHPian

My vote goes for Mahindra Marazzo. By far the best vehicle brought out by Mahindra and probably just at the right time and perfect positioning between Innova Crysta and Maruti Ertiga. The vehicle screams space from inside. It is extremely comfortable and the third row is actually usable over long distances.
Old 9th December 2018, 17:06   #120
BHPian

Just like our EVMs - can't we have a "NOTA" option in the poll if none of the cars launched this are as exciting or as revolutionary as in the previous ones.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks