Audi Q5 10 0.51%
Lexus ES 300h 29 1.48%
Voters: 1964. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 23:27   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Marazzo

Car of the year is not all about a particular trait of the vehicle, it seems to be given out to the one car that seemed to have taken significant thought and effort from the manufacturer. It may not necessarily be a sales success either.

I voted for Marazzo, I felt they did put everything into it.
Old 10th December 2018, 23:33   #212

For me, compact sedan designs so far have always been an eyesore. The new Amaze definitely makes compact sedan class easy on the eyes. More importantly they are accessible to the mass market and hopefully will encourage the other OEMs to go back their drawing board before putting out new compact sedans. Fingers crossed to see a better design trend for the compact sedan class.
Old 10th December 2018, 23:47   #213
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes to the Honda Amaze 2nd Generation.

Kudos to Honda for incorporating all the feedback and drawbacks of the 1st generation Amaze and bringing out the second generation of the Honda Amaze, not just as a mere cosmetic face-lift but on a completely new platform and changed from the ground up.

Very spacious, comfortable and practical cabin and a huge 420 litre bootspace all in a sub 4-meter form factor!! How Honda manages to liberate so much space is a real wonder, it can rival vehicles a segment above spacewise.

The 2nd Gen Amaze has been brilliantly packaged in a sedan form factor with a sturdy build, very efficient and powerful petrol and diesel engine. Also handling is sturdy thanks to the long wheelbase and a well tuned suspension for that plush ride.
Old 10th December 2018, 23:51   #214
BHPian

Marazzo.. the car you could close your eyes and pick today for a comfortable and safe family mover with well appointed interiors and practicality. The design is also clean and is a no nonsense MPV midway between the tight kneed ertiga and the quintessential Innova.
Old 10th December 2018, 23:55   #215
BHPian

Nothing special in the list. Voted for Marazzo because of the overall improvement in the interior design in their product lineup.
Old 11th December 2018, 00:26   #216
BHPian

I voted for the Amaze since it seems to have brought tough competition to the Dzire. It's a great alternative to the Dzire (also a great car) and is the one I would choose if I were in the market for a car in that segment.
Old 11th December 2018, 01:11   #217
BHPian

Indeed, one needs to mull a lot over the available choices this year for the COTY tag. It's the Toyota Yaris, for me.

Yes, it's boring, it doesn't do anything exceptionally well, doesn't bring anything new to the table, and was priced pretty ambitiously by the carmaker. What it is, is a thoroughly well-engineered product (weirdly-shaped armrest console notwithstanding - that deserves a place on the shelf of shame!) that gets its basics right, that will offer an incredibly safe, comfy, and fuss-free ownership experience, and will probably outlive its owner! In short, it's like broccoli - good for one's health, but difficult to swallow.

Also, with the massive discounts pouring in, this recipe has become all the more palatable!
RoverX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 01:24   #218
BHPian

I voted for the Amaze. The Marazzo was also a choice but the lack of a complete package (read: automatic) is a sore point with me (you may want to differ).

The Amaze diesel + CVT, from what I've heard so far, seems like the absolute package deal. I haven't driven it but when others are using gimmicky systems, I think Honda did a wonderful revamp of this car.
Old 11th December 2018, 03:26   #219
BHPian

My vote is for Mahindra Marazzo. Some of the options on the list are great vehicles too in their own right but most of those are unlikely to create a ripple in terms of their impact in their respective segments.

I believe that for the first time Mahindra has put all its might (and rightly so) into a platform that is coming into a segment that is completely dominated by just one player.

It is a lethal combination of a good platform, a healthy dose of features and a deadly price offering.

Whatever I have read so far about this vehicle leaves no doubt in my mind that this will be a vehicle that will be sought after by both the cab operators and the private owners equally.

There was a desperate need for a credible competitor in this segment and if Mahindra can keep the prices in check in the short to medium term along with a tight grip on the quality control both in the procurement of aggregate parts and manufacturing process then they have a winner for sure.
Old 11th December 2018, 07:09   #220
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Have never, ever seen a premium car get the kind of votes that the XC40 has. Equally impressive, it's no.3 on the list & ahead of blockbusters like the Swift.

Volvo is back & how.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 07:39   #221
BHPian

Among the list of cars my views are as follows

Rejected Outright:

1. Hyundai Santro: Souped up i10
2. Maruti Swift: Not a game changer, Safety - my foot
3. Honda Amaze: Hmmm
4. Maruti Ertiga: Old wine in new bottle (diesel)
5. Honda CR-V: Too pricey for what it offers
6. Mitsubishi Outlander: What is this?
7. Mini Countryman: No comments
8. BMW X3: No comments
9. Audi Q5: No comments

Semi-Finalist
1. Mahindra Alturas G4: Liked this but skimped on safety (short of Airbags)
2. Toyota Yaris: Liked everything about this car except price
3. Lexus NX 300h: Liked everything but …
5. Lexus ES 300h: Liked everything but …
6. Volvo XC40: Liked this car

Finalist

Toyota Yaris
vs
Volvo XC40

My bet - Volvo XC40. For the price you get good looking, safe, frugal car. Except for number of service centres everything else is top notch.
Old 11th December 2018, 08:27   #222
BHPian

Voted for XC40. It's a fantastic all-rounder package. Volvo has upped the game among its rivals. I am not sure if the premium car can get enough votes to become the COTY but it does deserve to be on the top 3 at-least.
Old 11th December 2018, 09:07   #223
BHPian

Voted for Marazzo. The efforts that have gone into the development are commendable, Indian manufacturers have evolved now! Scoring 5 and 4 Star safety ratings in NCAP is really a significant moral booster. Hope that the market leaders also follow the same trend and soon 4 & 5 stars become a hygiene than a differentiating factor.
Old 11th December 2018, 09:15   #224
BHPian

Voted for XC40.

Quote:
VOLVO’s smallest SUV, the compact XC40, has been named European Car of the Year.
It is the first time the award has been won by the carmaker.
The XC40 got a substantial 325 votes – well ahead of SEAT’s Ibiza (242) in second. The BMW 5-series was third on 226 votes.
The award is voted on by a jury comprising 60 journalists from 23 countries.
Source: https://www.independent.ie/life/moto...-36675300.html
Old 11th December 2018, 09:39   #225
BHPian

Hi All,
I am pretty new to the forum as a member and this being my first post. What a cracking way to start than casting my first vote!

Have voted for the Marazzo for it comes to me as a complete rounded package blended with the right safety features, a decent diesel engine, a spacious cabin, third row seats which could be actually used by adults, the list can go on. Overall an impressive product from the Mahindra stables
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks