Audi Q5 10 0.51%
Lexus ES 300h 29 1.48%
Voters: 1964. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2018, 21:02   #241
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Marazzo

Having driven a lot of vehicles as part of my decision to finalize my new car, my observations are below

Hyundai Santro: No diesel option and nothing exciting

Maruti Swift: Safety is out of the window with their build quality and I as shocked by the sight when I opened up the bonnet for my test drive vehicle to see such miserly use of steel and compromises on safety for the sake of mileage

Honda Amaze: The looks are a definite no-no

Toyota Yaris: way too expensive and no diesel options

Mahindra Marazzo: seems like the winner as it has a lot of things going for it albeit a few ergonomic adjustments are still needed on the interior (handbrake lever design)
Old 11th December 2018, 21:40   #242
BHPian

Voted for the Marazzo. Simple because among the options, Marazzo makes sense to me as a whole package. And the 4* safety rating sealed the vote!
Old 11th December 2018, 22:29   #243

Hi folks. This is my first post on Team-BHP and what better time than the COTY voting. Voted for the silent as shark Marazzo.

Well, it was a little difficult to decide but Marazzo stands out as a candidate that brings something fresh to the table compared to others. Of course, there is Amaze with its diesel and CVT combo but personally, I am not a big fan of compact sedans. Also, I quite liked Yaris for its looks and road presence - it has always turned my head so far whenever I have seen it on Bangalore roads. Earlier this year, I was eagerly waiting for MS Swift launch but there's something about the new Swift that turns my excitement off. Maybe my expectations were not right.

Back to voting, I think as an overall package (Design, Build, Interiors and Engine), Marazzo won my vote. The usual quirkiness from Mahindra is missing which is welcome considering the MPV design (in my opinion, that quirkiness is Mahindra's advantage when it comes to SUVs and Indian customers desiring SUVish looks). I thank the mighty Shark who has inspired its design and wish all the success to Mahindra with this one.
Old 11th December 2018, 22:46   #244
BHPian

Voted for Marazzo!

Amaze was definitely a close contender, but Marazzo was my choice owing to its brilliant positioning right in between the Ertiga and Innova Crysta. Needless to say, it is mature in terms of design, the fit and finish is decent and 1.5 diesel is adequate if not mind-blowing.

If Mahindra has offered the 2.2 MHawk as an option atleast, then it would have been a straight pick without any contenders.
Old 11th December 2018, 22:49   #245
BHPian

Voted for Marazzo. Had there been an option to vote for 2 then I would have voted for Yaris also.

Marazzo is the best among the options available, as it is packed with more-than- expectation features for the money Mahindra is charging. The real value-for-money car I must say.
Old 11th December 2018, 23:22   #246
BANNED

Toyota Yarris. Because of the standardised passenger, driver and vehicle safety and driver comfort features across all variants. Driving convenience features (reverse camera or front parking sensors) are available as after market

Not the Dzire, because it is too rattlly. Don't know about the high end vehicles. .(The Outlander and below, as appearing in the list)

I also have a personal bias towards petrol vehicles. Personal usage is hardly 5k km per year. But in office, I lean towards diesels. Because each of the 4 run at least 10k km every 6 months.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 23:26   #247
BHPian

Don't feel like there is a breakthrough or ground breaking car this year like the previous years.

Voting for Amaze for its CVT Diesel. I would have considered it if it was available during my purchasing period.
Old 12th December 2018, 10:18   #248
SRM
BHPian

Honestly, just voted as had to. Didn't feel the urge from within to go and press that button for any car this year.

But like many others, even I feel that overall Marazzo outshines the others in the category and voted for it. Though i don't see myself going for it anytime but quite liked what it offers overall and that it has created a new space for itself between Ertiga and Innova. With its overall package, seems like Mahindra has moved a step up.

Though it needs to be seen whether it can really impact Innova because Innova lovers won't mind spending the extra buck for the long term reliability and peace of mind that it offers.
Old 12th December 2018, 10:33   #249
BHPian

IMO, this has been a very dull year in terms of launches. A couple of pleasant surprises with the likes of the Amaze and the Marazzo which seem to be the most all rounded package in the list although, I had high hopes for the Swift and the Santro.

Swift turned out to be disappointing with the price and the perceived build quality (I've not experienced the Swift in person but I will go with the general opinion here). The biggest blooper is, although priced in close vicinity to each other, the Baleno gets a CVT and the Swift gets an AMT!

Santro, I thought will be launched with the tagline "bas naam hi khaafi hai" (just the name is enough). Although the spy pictures revealed a styling similar to the i10, I was hopeful that Hyundai will spring a pleasant surprise. Turned out to be a mixed bag (I've mentioned elsewhere that the erstwhile Santro Xing was much more of a charmer than the new one). Looks are subjective and I sort of took a liking to it a little later. Interiors were quite nice and the touch screen added to the appeal. But, I will not forgive Hyundai for skimping of safety features on the AMT and launching the top end Asta (top end of sorts) only with an MT! Final nail in the coffin is the price which makes one think why the Tiago is not a blockbuster hit yet.

My views on the Ertiga are none. I've never considered it for my usage and probably will never consider it in the future as well. It could be a nice product but then, it does not appeal to me in any which way.

That leaves me with the Yaris. A C/C+ segment sedan from Toyota at 10-12L would have been awesome. Toyota products as such do not have a USP in terms of the ride quality, features, handling etc but they do score in terms of reliability and ease of running. I've always been interested in performance oriented cars but if I had to spend my hard earned million rupees on a car today, it would be on a Toyota. Alas, Toyota got greedy and priced it way beyond my expectations! I cannot fathom spending 17-18L on the Yaris AT. On the contrary, you do get the benefits of owning a fuss free, reliable, solidly built, safe car which is easy on the pocket, easy to maintain and comes with the backing of a manufacturer like Toyota who maintain transparent ethics and culture of doing business, which is why my vote goes for the Yaris.
Porschefire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 11:36   #250
BHPian

Voted for Mahindra Marazzo,
Reason: As overall package, I think this is the best from the lot and there is nothing that can be considered as a deal-breaker.

A few words for the others:-
Honda Amaze : Drastic improvement over the previous generation, but still cost-cutting is evident in many places.
Hyundai Santro : As a first impression, looks a bit flimsy from the outside. I would go for Tata Tiago in the segment.
Old 12th December 2018, 11:54   #251
BHPian

My vote is for Toyota Yaris. Although it looks like a commercial failure, but as a safety oriented person I respect what the car represents - with 7 airbags and the huge safety equipment list.
Driving is one of the most dangerous activity that most people do, striving for the safety of self and others (better vehicle control safety features) should be of the utmost importance.
On similar lines to Yaris, Ford Freestyle is a great safety oriented hatchback, assuming that Ford hasn't made any compromises.
crodjer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 15:28   #252
BHPian

The Marazzo would have gotten my vote if it had an automatic GB option. It has to be the Amaze for now but only marginally, and that too for the diesel-cvt combo.
Old 12th December 2018, 18:28   #253
BHPian

Voted for the Yaris.

Even though I wouldn't buy that car ever as I am a torque-lover but getting 7 airbags as standard was brilliant from Toyota. The build quality was on the better side, the NVH felt superb, the ride felt superior and looks if weren't great, were not uninspiring per se. And did I miss the CVT option even on the base trim!
Sadly, its a flop so getting 7 airbags at a lesser price point still looks like a dream.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 08:55   #254
BHPian

That's how it looked last year!

Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Marazzo-icoty-2017.png

However, a completely different story this year. Last year it was yummy, quite a few to choose from almost every section. This year items on the buffet are less and not so exciting like the last year. Surely, Marazzo will be the clear winner this year. However, Marazzo is also getting a lot of votes because this is from Mahindra. If it was from any other manufacturers who are known to give a better finish and other overall experiences, then maybe fewer votes?

Anyways, my choice will be for X3. It is better than the outgoing model and well priced too. Although, way above I can ever afford! but still, drool-worthy IMHO.
Old 13th December 2018, 09:00   #255
BHPian

Voted for Yaris. It may not have made an impact as far as sales is concerned, but it has brought class leading safety and convenience of an auto across variants.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks