Lexus ES 300h 29 1.48%
Voters: 1964. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2018, 11:32   #271
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Marazzo

Marazzo voted by me.

Mahindra, our own home grown manufacturer, not only developed a capable alternative to the market leader in MUV segement, Innova Crysta, but in certain fronts went ahead of it. This include, at first the price advantage of more than ₹ 7 lakhs (version to version for manual.) It doesn't have dancing gear, difficult clutch play like Crysta. Better sound insulation, better fuel efficiency and extremely easy steering at lower/parking speed are icing in the cake. 120 HP is adequate for such a people mover and power to weight and torque to weight ratios are also decent.

Felt proud for such a comfortable family mover, the way Hexa did a couple of years ago. Kudos to Indian manufacturers' effort in overpriced and over-hyped SUV and MUV segments ruled by foreign brands. Availability of 5 year warranty gives me peace f mind while it reasserts the vehicle reliability in the long run, where Innova stands established hands down.

To say, that I mean all the above, I booked Marazzo M8.
Old 15th December 2018, 20:08   #272
BHPian

I’ve gone with the Amaze purely for the Diesel CVT option. I agree that Marazzo is like a breath of fresh air in a segment that was essentially a One horse race with the Innova but what the Amaze has done is created a whole new segment of having a smooth AT transmission in a ~10 lakh car which so far has had to live with the ‘rudimentary’ AMTs. I hope more manufacturers take note of this and offer diesel CVTs/ TCs with hatches like the i20, Baleno, S Cross or even the Jazz.
Old 15th December 2018, 21:41   #273
BHPian

I voted for X3, because, I think it's the most complete package amongst it's peers and it does impress a lot. The newer interior design looks great, quality levels are obviously brilliant, and the ride quality/handling balance is well taken care of by the adaptive dampers and it looks great as well. But, for me, it falls behind in three aspects-
1) The engine options- I feel that the 20d is just very underwhelming for the 66 Lakh rupees onroad price and for someone who would upgrade from any other BMW which would be having the 184 BHP N47, the 188 BHP B47 just doesn't offer anything special. The 30i is definitely good, but for people who are still interested in oil burners, the 30d option would have been great.
2) The rear seat still lacks under thigh support in comparison to the Q5 and XC60
3) Most importantly the price, car prices have risen astronomically over the last few years, but still, I felt it's a bit too much.
CarLoverJosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 22:28   #274
Senior - BHPian

Have voted for the Maruti Ertiga, comes across as a sensible, user-friendly, value for money people mover, with two engine options and transmissions from the countries favorite auto-maker. It's high time the auto companies learn to give automatics in the top trim levels, instead of dithering at launch and introducing them later.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 15th December 2018 at 22:31.
Old 16th December 2018, 12:42   #275
BHPian

My vote this is year is for Mahindra Marazzo.

I felt so proud of this product after the test drive. It's done very well and priced competitively. I believe it is a total value for money product. This is one of the finest Mahindra vehicle till now. The four star safety rating given by Global NCAP just testified my trust in the vehicle.
Old 16th December 2018, 16:38   #276
BHPian

Wow! This interesting thread has come up again!
GTO - Thanks!

I had a toss up between the Marazzo and the Amaze. Finally opted for Marazzo.
I have not had time to read all the points of others, which means that I may be repeating other people's points.

Anyway, I just love the look, feel and specifications of the Marazzo. The only missing feature is the automatic. Sad! Really sad!!

I am sure many people are going to consider the VFM factor and wait for some time to decide. If they bring out the AT version, when my Scorpio AT runs out of warranty, I might even consider it seriously.

I am not sure how much it has affected the sales of Innova and Ertiga. I guess time will only tell!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 16th December 2018, 21:17   #277
Senior - BHPian

Each year, I reiterate my view on car of the year—it has to be a car that is Indian market relevant, should be a car that has shaken up its segment, may be even define a new mass segment or set a new benchmark in its segment.

And there is only one car that fulfils this criteria this year and that is the Marazzo. Although this is the kind of car that is sure not to win car of the year awards, this year it thoroughly deserves to do so. Its taken the fight to the Innova, by and large.
Packs in decent equipment, does justice to the 7 seater MUV tag, does seem to have decent build. Its surely one of the best mass market 7 seater MUVs out there and hence my vote.

I really hope the car sees some success, cause on one end Maruti seems to be making a killing out of the Ertiga and on the other extreme Toyota is simply making more money out of the Innova than it should.
Someone has to find a mid ground between these 2 and I really hope its the marazzo.
Old 17th December 2018, 11:31   #278
BHPian

My vote goes for the Marazzo. One of the biggest reasons is anything so far that is a 7 seater MPV is boring to look at. This one looks gorgeous when you spot one in your rear view mirror. They have nailed that one which nobody has been able to so far. Even the Ertiga 2019 doesn't look that great as yet. Looks are subjective yes, but even as an overall package, this car makes a lot of sense for a family looking to buy a 7 seater at a with a 10-15 lakh budget.
Old 17th December 2018, 12:23   #279
BHPian

Voted for Marazzo. Its one of the best in less than 20L category having an edge over others with its comfort, 8 seats with good seating space in all three rows equipped with roof mounted rear A/c. Reclining seats and rear charging port add points. Hope they come out with automatic soon.

Last edited by Raaj* : 17th December 2018 at 12:24.
Old 17th December 2018, 14:53   #280
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Voted for Mahindra Marazoo. It is good competition for Innova at nearly 30% cheaper, with decent safety features, like all disc breaks, Air bags, etc.,
Old 17th December 2018, 17:11   #281
BHPian

Voted for the Amaze. It does look "amazing" and has a good presence on the road. This is indeed an achievement for a sub-4m sedan! Very proportional in design and has a good CVT too.
Ertiga was a close second.
Old 17th December 2018, 17:36   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

My pick is the Santro. One thing I always check while voting is, whether I'll buy that car - If I have to. And Santro - Yes, because it's an entry level car I could use anytime. Plus, Hyundai makes nice interiors and Santro is no different (as per the review). The AMT is again, something better than the conventional ones from what I read.
Old 17th December 2018, 19:22   #283
BHPian

My pick is the Marazzo.

Have seen a couple of Marazzo's near my house and it certainly looks quite modern and proportionate. Overall great improvement from Mahindra in terms of design, not quirky anymore.
Old 17th December 2018, 19:30   #284
BHPian

Marazzo for two reasons, one for it is a really well executed MPV that manages to look good and takes refinement and finesse quotient of Mahindra several notches higher, and also their design language which otherwise was going in a horrible direction since their past few launches. Expecting to see the same in the all new Scorpio in coming times. Second, no clear contender to stand tall against it.
Old 18th December 2018, 01:09   #285
BHPian

Voted for Ertiga over the Marazzo

Marazzo seems to be getting the Max votes on the Forum , as an all round package and sheer efforts of Mahindra.

But these 3 things kept me from voting for it
  • The Price - it should have been at least 2 lakh cheaper.
  • The Looks - which is a subjective issue. The Front look is Not as aggressive as the XUV. Also the bonnet incline gives it a very Van-ish Look. The Huge Shark Tail Lights are also overdone and out of proportion, kind of weird.
  • The Weight - the Ladder on Frame chassis has made it too heavy , thus out-steaming the 1.5 engine . A monocoque chassis would have increased the power/torque ratios and improved Drivability. Lighter weight would have increased the performance of the 1.5 diesel and bettered the FE.

New Ertiga on the other Hand is No Champion , but it is the Most Practical and VFM package. It is a very good and satisfying Answer to the needs of a Huge segment of buyers.
All the other Cars in the List - Already have Strong performers in their respective segments. The new contenders have improved the existing level and taken the fight further. But None of them are Exceptional.

But the New Ertiga is the Answer to a much Famished "Good Looking Affordable MPV" section.
It is within the reach of the Common Man , who is buying the sub-4m hatchbacks and sedans for 10-12 Lakhs. It gives him a proper 7 seater option with Car like proportions , Drivability , Practicality and USABILITY .

New ERTIGA is one Car from the List which will tempt maximum buyers from the lower segments to Upgrade which is Exceptional !
Thus the New Ertiga Stands Out amongst the COTY list - for Fulfilling this Void. And it gets my vote.

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th December 2018 at 07:23. Reason: Getting rid of bold text
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed