Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2019, 12:52   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs

Digital tachometer looks good. Headunit is just cheap.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-img20190116wa0013.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 16:06   #137
BHPian

Teaser video of the new infotainment system

PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 10:59   #138
BHPian

Seems like the new Baleno facelift is also getting the Smartplay Studio system. Does that mean that this is an upgraded version of the older system rather than a low-cost version?
Old 19th January 2019, 12:02   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I just can’t understand why they still have not changed the position of the center air cons. They are placed at the most useless location which only cools/freezes the drivers left hand. It has been the same in most of the Marutis now, may be they are not at all considering user feedback while facelifting a car.
Old 21st January 2019, 09:46   #140
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
was soulless yesterday, is soulless today as well.
True, but no one is looking for a soul or character when buying a WagonR. It is amongst the most practical hatchbacks in India. Like a boring + functional appliance. Those who own one swear by it. The car has a hugely loyal following. I have seen multiple owners who moved on from the 1st-gen to the 2nd, and are now waiting for the new launch.

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2019 at 11:54.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 12:27   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
True, but no one is looking for a soul or character when buying a WagonR. It is amongst the most practical hatchbacks in India. Like a boring + functional appliance. Those who own one swear by it. The car has a hugely loyal following. I have seen multiple owners who moved on from the 1st-gen to the 2nd, and are now waiting for the new launch.
True that. My Uncle has been an owner of first gen as well as the current one. Now he is waiting for the new one. We have a Wagon R since last 7 years and were planning to replace it. Dad was keen on another Wagon R, I didn't want another car with that 1L engine. So my plan was to replace it with an Ignis, just because of the engine. But with the new one coming with the 1.2L, I'm happy that Dad can get his Wagon R and I can get the 1.2L engine.

It's a really practical car, looks don't matter at all.
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 17:41   #142
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 24th February 2019 at 18:15.
DriverNo.420 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd January 2019, 18:12   #143
Senior - BHPian

3rd-gen Maruti WagonR launch on January 23, 2019

Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch the third generation WagonR on January 23, 2019. Dealerships have already started accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs. 11,000.

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-image002.jpg

The new WagonR is based on the HEARTECT platform, which also underpins the new Swift. The car will be available in three variants - LXi, VXi and ZXi. The top two variants will get an optional automated manual transmission (AMT).

According to leaked spy shots and teaser images, the new WagonR will get a redesigned exterior and updated interiors. The car gets large sweptback headlamps and a rectangular grille with chrome trim. It has a new front bumper that houses circular fog lamps. In side profile, the WagonR looks similar to the outgoing model. It retains the boxy styling and features vertical tail lamp clusters at the rear.

Inside, the car is likely to get a dual-tone dashboard with a touchscreen infotainment system, multi-function steering wheel and a circular instrument cluster. Safety features like ABS with EBD, front seat belt reminder, speed alert and rear parking sensors will be standard across all variants.

Maruti is likely to offer two engine options on the new WagonR. Lower variants are expected to be powered by a 998cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine with an output of 67 BHP and 90 Nm. The VXi and ZXi trims are likely to get a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol unit that puts out 82 BHP and 113 Nm of torque.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 18:37   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is amongst the most practical hatchbacks in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

It's a really practical car, looks don't matter at all.
I've just come back after taking a look at the new Wagon R. And I'll stick to what GTO and myself said earlier, although in a much better avatar. I couldn't drive as it was parked inside the stockyard. I sat on all seats and I must tell you, for a 5'6" fellow, the seats are great. They're much better than the current version and neck restraints although fixed are comfortably placed. And this car has loads of space. I didn't check if 3 people can sit abreast on rear seat but seats are very comfortable. The boot space has increased a lot but loading lip is high. It's something like the Indica. But it will swallow luggage. I didn't check other things as I was short on time. This was a 1.0L variant in white color. The car looks good in person. It's a from me.
BoneCollector is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:37   #145
BHPian

This looks like a heavily reworked Ignis. The template is prominent. That 1.2 liter 4 Cylinder engine option is fantastic news to all those who were sitting on the fence because of the 3 Cylinder one which had a terrible low end.

Maruti has once again showed its prowess at using available platforms with plan B when plan A fails (referring to the Versa and Eeco).
five46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:35   #146
Senior - BHPian

Launch Day! The new 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is built on a more advanced platform, is bigger than before, and much more equipped than ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-dxkgwbpxqaa9hkb.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:07   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Good they did not change the speedometer to digital, somehow feeling of needle rising can not be replaced by changing number on digital speedo.
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:21   #148
BHPian

aren't there any live video streams for the launch? I mean Ford did it with the freestyle, Honda with the Amaze. All I can see are live feeds like:
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-2019-...stedin_related
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:23   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
aren't there any live video streams for the launch?
Here you go!

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd January 2019 at 11:46.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 12:09   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have seen multiple owners who moved on from the 1st-gen to the 2nd, and are now waiting for the new launch.
Maruti claims (during the live launch event) that 24% of WagonR customers are repeat buyers!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed