Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2019, 19:59   #91
BHPian

re: Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
There is one car, it's name is Tata Tiago. Yours truly has one and it replaced the WagonR back in 2016. Also New Santro has joined in last month. So, I will vouch that Tiago has been touchwood so far. WagonR was flawless as you said. New Santro is an improvement over Eon, and the car feels much more upmarket.
I agree Tiago is a good car with better offerings compared to its competition. I haven't driven a Tiago so cant comment on it. Does it offer tall boy stance like a Wagon R?

Coming to after sales service and resale value, I think this is where Maruti and Hyundai scores. Not to offend anyone but in our family Tata cars are a big no no after owning a Manza for 3 years and having first hand experience of Tata's reliability and pathetic after sales service. Not to mention the Resale value. Had to sell it off at a meager 2.5 lacs. I think our current Wagon R Vxi will fetch more price as compared to our earlier Tata Manza. With that it all depends on personal choice at the end of the day. For me I would prefer to get a car which will spend more time with me than at the garage. With that, I am sure Tata has improved its service quality now.

Cheers.
Old 5th January 2019, 23:49   #92
Senior - BHPian

Indian Autos Blog reports that the new WagonR will have the following features list (here):-

2019 Maruti Wagon R - Features

Wagon R LXi:
13-inch steel wheels wrapped in 155/80 R13 tyres
Front power windows
Integrated headrests for front and rear seats
Manual AC
12V charging socket
Central locking
Seat-belt reminder
Door ajar warning
Rear parking sensors
Speed alert system
ABS with EBD

Driver-side airbag (airbag for front passenger optional)

Wagon R VXi:
14-inch steel wheels with wheel covers and wrapped in 165/70 tyres
Body-coloured ORVMs and door handles
Blacked-out B-pillars*
Power adjustable ORVMs
Keyless entry
Front and rear power windows
Day/night IRVM
60:40 split folding rear seats
Audio system with Bluetooth and USB connectivity
Tilt adjustable steering
Steering-mounted controls*
Speed-sensitive door locks

Wagon R ZXi:
Front fog lamps
Rear defogger, washer and wiper
Power folding and adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators
7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support
Tachometer
Seatbelt pretensioners and load limiters
Dual-front airbags
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 09:36   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Just for information, S-Cross and Brezza are based on the same C platform of Suzuki. As far as tow hook getting ripped off is concerned, that needs to be investigated and I guess its nothing to do with the crumple zone of a car.
But it has everything to do with the structure itself. If you have gone through that thread it was mentioned that the chassis member was ripped apart, and which is also the front member. May be they designed the front member as a crumple zone (pun intended).

My father owns a 2007 WagonR Lxi, nothing at that price can beat the practicality it offers and it was a value for money offering from Maruti at that time. But after having experienced other cars in the same segment, I don’t think the current generation WagonR is worth to be even shortlisted unless you want just a Maruti.

Last edited by pavi : 6th January 2019 at 09:38.
Old 6th January 2019, 11:23   #94
BHPian

As a current generation WagonR owner, I completely dislike this proposed new generation Wagon-R. The interior is so much inferior to what we have now. I think Hyundai is one lucky company. Whenever it brings out a overpriced model (i20, Creta, Santro), somebody else trumps them with a worse model priced way over (Jazz, S-Cross, Wagon-R).
ashlil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 04:38   #95
BHPian

Here are some more pics. The car has indicators on ORVMS, Touchscreen system but no adjustable headrests or height adjustable seat belts.

Source

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-20190107_042038.png

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-20190107_042104.png

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-20190107_042113.png

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-20190107_042503.png

Last edited by GTO : 8th January 2019 at 08:11. Reason: Please always include the source
PraNeel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 05:08   #96
Senior - BHPian

Assuming that the pictures are all of the same car, I am surprised to see no Alloy Wheels present even in the top end variant. Atleast, pressed wheels that look like alloy wheels ala DurAlloy would have been great.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 07:20   #97
Senior - BHPian

Forget the wheels the tyres are rather high profile like those of a load carrier, would give a cushy and wallowy ride!
Old 7th January 2019, 07:55   #98
Senior - BHPian

Maruti is playing to the masses here. The Japanese Wagon R is rather quirky, and might have turned off some mass market buyers. Think they did not want to take a risk post the ignis, so they played to the market, brought in a car that looks very familiar, and they will just do fine in terms of monthly numbers. I wish they make at least dual airbags standard, which by the way Hyundai did not do for the Santro.
motorworks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 12:54   #99
BHPian

No adjustable headrests like the existing version. Seriously!?

Whats the point in bringing a ZXi version if they are not offering Alloy Wheels in the top trim. Also game changer would have been addition of LED Drls and rear AC vents as compared to competetion. The only positive thing that I notice is the option for 1.2l K series engine.
CountMe91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 17:43   #100
BHPian

The boot on this looks huge as compared to the outgoing model of the wagon-r. This looks more of an attempt to tap in to the ola/uber segment which others are catching up on as with the current one hardly has any space for luggage.
Of course the is no dearth buyers for the wagon r as in its existing avatar as well its piling on good numbers
Old 9th January 2019, 11:51   #101
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has released an official teaser for the upcoming new generation Maruti Suzuki WagonR.

The hatchback is set to launch in India on January 23 with deliveries commencing the month after.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-wagonrteaser2019.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 00:01   #102
BHPian

I personally feel that this model looks tighter than the outgoing model. Judging by the MoM dispatch numbers of outgoing model, this iteration will also be a hit. At the same time, I am also keen to understand in advance the looks and features of future "Stingray" like iteration (=Alloy wheels!?). Having owned W-R for 4.5 years, I hope that MSIL has now sorted out the irritating silencer noise issue.

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 10th January 2019 at 00:10.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 01:48   #103
BHPian

Yucks! I suddenly find the current gen Wagon R much nicer in every aspect (other than the engine.. This one gets the 1.2)
The design is so ugly. The older generation, up until the current one, were tasteful. This seems like it was a project given to interns that went into production lines without supervision and approvals.
I won't be surprised if the bumpers are made out of laminated newspaper! Also, not sure if they can be called bumpers by any means..
RIP quality. Stone would read "gone to the dogs".
4-6 lacs is not cheap by any means and this product would take cheapness to a whole new level.
Old 10th January 2019, 10:16   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

First look preview of WagonR- ACI

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 13:30   #105
BHPian

I saw this video today and I don't understand why our auto journalists don't call a spade a spade.
So much beating around the bush, crowd pleasing words. Only thing mentioned was the quality of the dash and the absence of adjustable headrests. Are they even taking about the quality of sheet metal used?
Just that it's wider, has a bigger boot and has a longer wheelbase.. So the Indian junta has to lap it up because it is something made by Maruti.
adneeraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks