Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2019, 13:40   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
So, can we assume that the LPG variants will also not launch at launch? --
No LPG at launch is speculated but will be available in due course.

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-1.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-2.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-3.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-4.jpg

Source:
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 13:44   #122
BHPian

Thank God that the door panels don't have the beige color!

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Source:
Old 14th January 2019, 13:54   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
2. Coming to the music system, this is not the Bosch system found on Maruti cars as of now. There are multiple touch buttons on either side of console.
Quoting my own post regarding the infotainment system. This indeed looks like a new system which may be offered on other MSIL cars. If you look at it, you'll see a different screen layout compared to the Bosch system available on other cars of MSIL. Moreover it says that one can locate eateries, check weather and surf news. My take is that it's based on Android operating system.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190114135012__01.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 14th January 2019 at 13:59.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 14:11   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 1837201

Attachment 1837202

Attachment 1837203

Attachment 1837204

Source:
Can't see any markings for Isofix Child Seat mounts on the rear bench! Saddened to see MSIL skipping on this important safety feature especially after almost all new models from their stable feature these!!

Also, unlike the previous versions only the rear seat back can be seen having the 60:40 split, and not the whole bottom and rear back rest.
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 15:10   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can't see any markings for Isofix Child Seat mounts on the rear bench! Saddened to see MSIL skipping on this important safety feature especially after almost all new models from their stable feature these!!

Why is this sudden focus on IsoFix? For ages people are putting up Child car seats using seatbelts. I read in some thread that someone was asking where to get Isofix child seats, as offline options are either limited to seatbelts fixing ones, or were very costly for Isofix.

Is there any tangible benefit of isofix, except quick release?
ani_meher is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 15:23   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Why is this sudden focus on IsoFix? For ages people are putting up Child car seats using seatbelts. I read in some thread that someone was asking where to get Isofix child seats, as offline options are either limited to seatbelts fixing ones, or were very costly for Isofix.

Is there any tangible benefit of isofix, except quick release?
Being a father of a 19 months old son, and suffering from the limited safety offered by the rear seat Lap Belts only in my Tata Nano, I guess it becomes imperative that with the increased traffic conditions in our cities and increasing speeds on our highways, that as a parent I wish to offer maximum possible safety to my family members, especially my son!!

No harm in seeking safety features in budget cars? And it is one of my top priorities in planning my next car sometime this year. Even though I am planning to buy a 7 seater, but as a previous WagonR owner, no harm in expecting the best for future WagonR owners.
AdityaDeane is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 15:29   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No harm in seeking safety features in budget cars? And it is one of my top priorities in planning my next car sometime this year. Even though I am planning to buy a 7 seater, but as a previous WagonR owner, no harm in expecting the best for future WagonR owners.
You can use child car seats designed for seat belts. Is there any additional benefit of having ISOFix other than saving time in fixing the seat? How does having an ISOfix point make it safer?

At least what I read online, Isofix reduces the risk of improperly fitting the car seat (parent error) and saves time to shift car seats to other cars. If this is your priority, then yes, perhaps Maruti has failed to upgrade this. For such cases, I think Ignis will be a suitable option.
Old 14th January 2019, 15:33   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
You can use child car seats designed for seat belts. Is there any additional benefit of having ISOFix other than saving time in fixing the seat? How does having an ISOfix point make it safer?

At least what I read online, Isofix reduces the risk of improperly fitting the car seat (parent error) and saves time to shift car seats to other cars. If this is your priority, then yes, perhaps Maruti has failed to upgrade this. For such cases, I think Ignis will be a suitable option.
As far as I have read and seen in crash tests, a Seat Belt system stetches at the time of impact and having an additional IDOFIX Child Seat system prevents this along with the 3 Point Seat Belt system. It should also be always used along with the 3 Point Seat Belt and not alone as that increases the level of safety provided to the Child at the time of an impact.

Hope this helps. And yes ISOFIX Child Seats are pretty expensive as of now!!
AdityaDeane is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 18:52   #129
Team-BHP Support

Teasers -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 21:44   #130
BHPian

Couple of things about the car that I came to know:
1) The touchscreen is indeed new and not common to Baleno etc.
2) ISO FIX is present, not sure if for all variants
3) There would only be CNG and gasoline. Maruti does not deal in LPG variants any more.
4) As reported earlier, there is no 7 STR variant on the anvil.

And finally as being commented unanimously, the design is absolutely, truly horrible. Extreme Plain Jane has a new name - Big Wagon-R.
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 22:37   #131
Senior - BHPian

I think Maruti has done a good job ! The product serves a certain customer base and this will do the job quite well. I find it more balanced and better proportioned than ever before.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot-20190114-10.35.26-pm.png  

nik_kapur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 01:11   #132
BHPian

I see cost cutting on the name of face lift, fixed headrests rather than adjustable one.
Heartect is another platform which is no less than a gimmick on the name of safety in order to keep costs in check.Recent crash ratings of Swift proved that in case someone is wondering why I said so.

They are just cashing out every opportunity riding on customer sentiments or say safety. I always feel, Maruti should have a tagline "King of all times".
Highh5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 16:21   #133
BHPian

Some more observations:

1. The multi bulb HMSL has now been moved inside rear windshield and is a single bulb now.

2. The rear bumper has got reflectors like other Maruti cars and has got only two rear parking sensors.

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-img_20150626_122129.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-20190115_145952.png

3. The head unit seems to be based on the cheap android head units available in market and not the usual smart play infotainment system from Bosch used in other Maruti cars. Maruti seems to have made Android Auto and Apple Car play work on this head unit via coding.

4. No variant badges present on the car. Lower variants get a simpler audio unit and silver finishing on dashboard is absent. Also the instrument console seems like the one present in the base variant of Ignis.

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-20190115_145927.png

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-20190115_150007.png

Image Source

Kudos to Maruti for such clever cost cutting.

Last edited by PraNeel : 15th January 2019 at 16:23.
PraNeel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 11:31   #134
Team-BHP Support

Some more teasers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Kudos to Maruti for such clever cost cutting.
This colour is just horrible on the bland design! Looked a lot more palatable in white and blue!
Old 16th January 2019, 12:21   #135
Senior - BHPian

was soulless yesterday, is soulless today as well. No offense to Wagon R owners but IMHO the Wagon R has no soul, its almost anodyne.
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks