Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2019, 20:16   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs

Does the new Wagon R share its platform with the Ignis. Somehow the placement of the wheels, base design looks similar. Not that it is bad, Wagon R will bring in volumes and the return on investment on the platform is guaranteed.
Old 26th January 2019, 20:19   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Does the new Wagon R share its platform with the Ignis. --
Yes it is based on the Ignis platform, but with differences.

Quote:
We wanted to make it bigger and stronger, inside as well as outside. So, the platform was changed from the K platform to the A platform, which is based on the fifth-generation Heartect architecture and that's the foundation.
Which other product(s) shares this platform?

Quote:
The Ignis but there are little differences in the general architecture
All about it Here

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th January 2019 at 20:23.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 21:33   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like the slot to attach the holder for the Smartplay dock system -
Had seen this video, that is why I'm confused as to how will such a holder come out of such a small round opening? Or is that holder supposed to be wound in after opening that hole and then used as a mobile holder. In any case, looks very crude. I'd say, Datsun's Mobile Dock, however much it was criticized, was much better than the finish this one has with that Coin Slot like opening. Being a previous WagonR owner, I'm sure this will sell whatever they put in in there...

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th January 2019 at 22:08. Reason: Removing youtube URL from quoted post (repetition).
Old 26th January 2019, 22:57   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Interiors of the VXi variant -
The surfaces of the dashboard and the center console look textured similar to what you find on the VW Polo. It seems that the plastic quality has improved a lot. The switch pad on the door, the housing of the AC control etc look the same but other areas look like a marked improvement. I did feel this in the Ertiga as well.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by ampere : 29th January 2019 at 07:26. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. removed dead links from quoted post
Old 27th January 2019, 09:24   #245
BHPian

Autocar First Drive Review is Out

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190127100928_chrome.jpg

New 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R test drive review

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-411274

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2019 at 06:48. Reason: Please quote ONLY a small excerpt from the source
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 19:24   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

New WagonR media drive starts( 29th) in Udaipur.

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-0.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-5.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-4.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-6.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-7.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-8.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-3.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-1.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-2.jpg

Source:Various Tweets

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th January 2019 at 19:48.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 07:22   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Media drive starts at Udaipur,

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-m0.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-m2.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-m3.jpg

Source: Various Tweets
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 10:45   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

New WagonR on road - a min MPV stance

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-7.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-3.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-6.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-4.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-5.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-1.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-2-2.jpg

Source: Media drive tweets
Old 29th January 2019, 11:30   #249
Senior - BHPian

The new Wagon R is definitely an upgrade from the existing model. It is however, no more an aspirational vehicle for most of us. What I mean to say is, as kids, we used to see Wagon R ads on TV which went like "My papa's wagon R".

Yesterday, I was watching the autocar review on TV with my son and he asked me this - Daddy, this car will come in Ola in next year, right? To which, I said probably yes.

Further, I asked him - should we get this one for you for school drops? His response was - No! I dont want to travel in cabs.

Last edited by amtak : 29th January 2019 at 11:33.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 14:17   #250
BHPian

Maruti had put up a stall today at L&T Campus Manapakkam Chennai. I was not very interested with this news, till i saw couple of guys test drive the New Wagon R in the campus. Was surprised that test drive cars are already being circulated.

Ran down to check out the Car. Was a 1.2 Vxi. As evident from dimensions shared, it does not look substantially different from the earlier one in size outside. Sitting in the seat is as easy as getting on a bar stool (Just at the right height and easy to access, i dont intend to say it is as uncomfortable as bar stool, please do not fixate on this usage). Still comfortable for not very tall drivers to see around the car (Mind you i am not very tall). I had trouble getting in the driver seat with the knees hitting the steering column. Looks like someone had moved the seat all the way up front. . After moving the seat backwards, i asked by friend to check out the back seat. (He too is not too tall) Helped replicate how my mom would feel in the back seat and there was just acres of space as leg room. The plastics as noticed by others, has a different texture from existing Wagon R and other Maruti cars. For a family with elderly parents and limited budget, this should a perfect car. During my discussion with this friend who is not very vehicle savvy, he sure was impressed. We were discussing how it feels more spacious than i10 grand that one of our friends owns.

What stood out during this discussion was a statement by my friend. He described that the car with the boxy shape would never appeal anyone. But is one of the most value for money and he described the Wagon R as the "Splendor of Cars". It was nice to have this perspective from a non car person and indeed gives an idea what the general populace thinks about this car.
rohitoasis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 16:14   #251
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday, out of sheer boredom and some dose of curiosity, went to check out new Wagon R.
Model on display was white Wagon R VXi 1.2 with test drive vehicle not yet available.
Do note that we had K10 wagon R LXi CNG (factory fitted CNG) and my observations might have some influence from that machine.

1. Front seats are not bad. But they felt a bit incomplete as compared to the car we had. Lack of adjustable headrests in front doesn't impact comfort but leaves one in not so good taste. This seat could have been more comfortable, front seats in Wagon R, Ignis, Swift, Baleno, Dzire all have been comfortable. Wish atleast front seats got adjustable head rests. Not a deal breaker.

2. Space. Abundance of it for a car of this size. Both at front and rear. But rear didn't get as much increase in space as the car's overall dimensions. Rear seat without adjustable headrests is not as comfortable as outgoing car. Rear seat also felt wee bit softer as compared to predecessor.

3. Boot. Very impressive. Its quite large, and a huge improvement over outgoing car.

4. Dashboard is not very high and frontal visibility is better than outgoing car.

5. Glovebox felt good, but even after getting latched, one can put it a bit inside, that felt budget.

6. Ingress and Egress remain one of the forte of this little machine. The stick to hold hood up is on right side. Engine bay remains more than reasonably spacious even after fitment of K12M, all thanks to new platform.

7. AC vents felt small for such a large cabin. In summers, be prepared to have left hand chilled due to placement of AC vents. That said, benefit of this set up is ease of operating music system. Vxi gets steering mounted controls.

Maruti has played on its strengths well and 1.2 is a master-stroke, if numbers are anything to go by, the 1.2 Wagon R will be quick. Its an improvement over last generation, and the biggest plus point of this car is K12M engine which shall definitely improve drive quality and refinement. Hope cabin insulation has improved.
aaggoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 19:16   #252
BHPian

More Pics from Media Drive
Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190129193331_twitter.jpg

Driving the #BigNewWagonR #WagonR and while an embargo means I cannot say anything yet, just look at the headroom I have and space, brilliant space and packaging overall. Impressed highly.

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190129192309_twitter.jpg

https://t.co/Zqm5stGbYi

Introducing the #BigNewWagonR. We will be driving , here are some pictures of the car. Stay tuned for our expert review.

https://t.co/rT0BbtRoJf
Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190129192841_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190129192821_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190129192928_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190129192802_twitter.jpg

The new generation #WagonR has certainly grown. Being based on the heartec platform that it shares with the new #Swift, #Ignis, etc has helped it become bigger, more stylish and also impacts its performance.

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190129192632_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190129192650_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190129192951_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190129192707_twitter.jpg

https://t.co/AxLoAtKv0s

What a beautiful setting for the #BigNewWagonR here in #Udaipur at @RadissonBluUdr : while we drive the car , views will be out on 31st morning.

VIDEO Link of Radisson Blue, Fatehsagar Udaipur https://t.co/jNXdsgqFuK

Source: Media Tweets

Last edited by JS Kwt : 29th January 2019 at 19:35.
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 21:15   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

New WagonR touch-screen system & speedometer console explained.

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 23:42   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

A look at the spruced up WagonRs

Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 02:08   #255
BHPian

Saw a new model white WagonR parked in front of the Maruti showroom today.

So no roof-rails anymore on any variants.This single item had almost become a WagonR trademark, right from the 1st Gen, till now.

Also, unlike the outgoing model, there is no quarter glass on either the front or the rear-door window.
This makes the side-view very very plain-jane and bland-looking, with huge monotonous single piece window-glass on each door.
The previous gen model's glass area looked much less boring than this.

Also no fabric inserts on the door pad trims, even on the ZXi varaints!
Previous Gen had this even on the LXi variant.

Same goes with adjustable headrests.Previous gen had it even on base models, and now even on the top variant you get integrated headrests.
I can show atleast 5 people from my friends/family circle, for whom this single feature omission will be a deal-breaker.
Especially so, since it used to be there in the outgoing model.
Maruti should realize that when you suddenly remove something from an existing version, and deny it totally across the variant range, people take notice.(in a negative manner, ofcourse!)

The second glovebox on the left upper-dashboard is also missing now.
So much of cost-cutting evident even in the newly introduced Z variant.
I heard in a youtube review that the infotainment system has only 2 speakers on the front doors now, and no rear-door speakers are there on any variants.
Also with just 2 sensors given in all variants, the rear-parking assist system also looks cheap.They could have given 4 sensors atleast on the Z variants.

I noticed that the jack lever is placed underneath the driver's seat now, but couldn't understand the reason for that.

And I don't know what they mean by the term "dual-split headlamps" in their brochures and ads!
If they mean that the indicator assembly is also included in it, then the outgoing headlamp was "triple-split", with a separate housing for the pilot-lights as well, which this new model lacks because now the pilot lamp is simply housed inside the main-headlight unit itself.
Maruti never bothered to call it any names then, and now all of a sudden, they have come up with a new name for this plain, regular halogen-reflector headlamp unit.
What all innovative ways do they try to confuse and mis-lead poor unsuspecting customers!

Length and width have increased, height remains unchanged, but still weight has reduced again!
I'm not getting into the platform details and the usual Maruti build-quaility reduction discussions, but this loss of weight for such a tall-car that has further grown in size & power, is surely not very re-assuring & confidence-inspiring.

Overall, the car looks as boxy as ever, and no complaints in that regard.
But the rear looks more swollen now, and suddenly the plain looking rear of the outgoing model appears to be so beautifully sleek and streamlined now.
Looks are subjective, so may be the new looks will grow upon us gradually.

The only improvement I can see is the bigger engine and the overall increase in space due to bigger dimensions (especially, the boot area).
Also now they have given bottle-holders on door-pads which the previous model lacked.
But for that, they had to remove so many other useful features in the name of cost-cutting!
Overall, You gain something here and there, but at the same time you are losing few other things too.

N.B- Sorry for the long post. Didn't think it will be so long when I started typing this.

Last edited by VinodDevil81 : 31st January 2019 at 02:21.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks