Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2019, 10:31   #271
BANNED

Re: Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Believe every manufacturer is doing that, and is not going to change unless government regulations force everyone to upgrade themselves into a higher price range. It's not 'weird' - it is about economics of ending up pricing yourself out of the game.
The two main things I compare between different cars are power windows switches, and window glass thickness. In a Maruti the glass is very thin when compared to other cars and also the thickness and sturdiness of the power window switches is also very low. But they may work as expected for a long time. Basically when you buy a ‘comparatively cheaper’ Maruti car, you are getting only what you paid for.
Old 1st February 2019, 14:49   #272
BHPian

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201150733_chrome.jpg

2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Accessories In Pictures

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201150658_chrome.jpg
Maruti is offering three preset packages for the WagonR - Robust, Playtime and Casa.

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201151259_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201151214_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201151137_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201151059_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201151015_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201150923_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201150903_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201151119_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201150937_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201151045_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201151005_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201151234_chrome.jpg

Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-screenshot_20190201151151_chrome.jpg

LINK
JS Kwt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 00:57   #273
BHPian

Motorbeam Review

Fasbeam checks dynamics of new Wagon R
Old 2nd February 2019, 07:16   #274
Senior - BHPian

https://carconfigurator.marutisuzuki...roupsgetAll/76

There's a Wagon R Car Configurator on the MSIL site. The 1.2 Wagon R has a power to weight ratio of almost 100 bhp/ton weight is a 'dinky' 845 kgs; better not to hustle this tall boy, rather enjoy the extra power on tap in a relaxed manner.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-car-config.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 2nd February 2019 at 07:20.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 11:41   #275
Senior - BHPian

I happened to check the new Wagon R yesterday here at Pratham Motors. It looks much bigger with enormous space inside. Lots of familiar stuff including power window switches and typical Maruti plastics.

Few good points which were evident: The gear stick is raised making it a bit easier to reach or perhaps more ergonomic. The sitting position is really cool and elevated, no need to have any driver seat height adjustment. Huge knee room for rear seat passengers. Very good access to rear seats even for elderly people (I am very much looking for that for my parents). Spare tyre is of the same size as other tyres (Will save changing the tyre twice).

And bad things: Not so great plastic quality (as in any Maruti). Overall build quality is not confidence building. Compared to Tiago this looks really awful. Door shut sound is really disappointing, feels like a plastic door is shutting. Tyres are small, should be 185mm wide and 15 inch. Jack is placed below driver's seat (why?) and remaining toolkit is in the boot. No reverse camera. One needs to add an extra screen to install it. Even ZXi variant's touch screen system does not support add-on camera interface. Glove box is tiny. Not sure if the AC vents will do any justice to rear passengers due to very small size.

I could not go for a TD since vehicle was not available. GC is claimed as 170mm compared to older 165mm. Will update once I go for a drive.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 21:45   #276
BHPian

Santro vs Tiago Comparison. Honors to Wagon R by reviewer.

PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 08:51   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Santro vs Tiago Comparison. Honors to Wagon R by reviewer.
Fingers crossed until crash test results are out for Santro, Tiago and Wagon R. Seriously all cars are great. With good to better roads around us, the average travel speed is increasing. I feel the next "good" factor of car is safety since other areas are quite matured, no matter who the manufacturer is. I am personally in favor of this order 1. Tiago 2. Wagon 3. Santro, since planning for a replacement for my old Santro.
No matter how much you restrict yourself within city, you will hit the highways someday for a long drive and then you and your family need to be safe. Having entire laundry list of safety equipment in the car does not make it safe (e.g. new Swift).
Wait and watch the crash test results of these cars before making any choice.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 17:41   #278
BHPian

It's unbelievable that such a small car is having 341 litres of boot space (of course, Kwid is also close). Really enticing figures, considering the outgoing model had less than 200 litres.

Can anybody confirm whether this space is measured upto the parcel tray or upto the roof? These days many manufacturers are used to omitting one or two information in the specification/brochure (e.g. ground clearance, boot space, weight etc)
Old 8th February 2019, 11:22   #279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
Can anybody confirm whether this space is measured upto the parcel tray or upto the roof?
Upto parcel tray - the bootspace is indeed decent for the segment. Had posted the pictures from my showroom visit on posts #237 and #238.

One point to note however - is that the wheel wells do intrude and limit the useable bootspace a bit, as can be seen in the pics.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 11:34   #280
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
It's unbelievable that such a small car is having 341 litres of boot space (of course, Kwid is also close). Really enticing figures, considering the outgoing model had less than 200 litres.
I think it is also because of the tall boy design, and the increased body width. As litre is actually a volume, increasing width or length or height will have a bigger impact on the final volume value.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 19:24   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Next Gen WagonR's Owner's Manual:

https://marutiprodcdn.azureedge.net/...20190129044805
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 17:20   #282
BHPian

Walked past a few wagon Rs that were parked by a showroom today. The car is big! The cars I saw were right by an Ertiga and gave the illusion that they were not too much smaller. I found something odd about the design but just couldn't put my finger on it. After some time, it hit me. There were no discernible edges on the exterior, everything was "rounded off" . It seemed like the entire car body was baby proofed so a toddler would not hurt itself accidentally. It was like a box with the sharp edges shaved off.
Iyencar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 12:49   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Customer : Where's the jack ? It's missing in my car.

SA : Let's check, it's not in boot

Search continues and "Jack" was found here
Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-img_20190216_124847.jpg
Yes, it's placed below driver seat.
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 11:11   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

I Test Drove the new 1.2L AMT WagonR yesterday for a colleague.

* Maruti has done something to the AMT so much so that it felt like a different AMT gearbox to me. I could actually live with this AMT, given that I'm leery of the technology as a whole. Upshifts were pretty much on time and relatively smooth.

* It seems wider and longer than its predecessors. Heads of passers-by did turn. People do notice.

* The engine is good. I like it. Power delivery is sufficient and when I floored the accelerator, I liked the throaty growl it emitted. There was very good refinement with none of the 3-cylinder vibrations that one associates with the WagonR nowadays. I couldn't take it on a high-speed run, but it felt free-revving and I think it will do triple digits with ease in a straight line.

* The suspension felt soft, even a jolly bit bouncy when I took a U turn. There was just a bit of bodyroll.

* Shoulder-room has vastly improved over the older WagonR models, especially at the front. I'm as wide as a blackboard at my shoulders and my colleague isn't exactly thin either. There will be no rubbing elbows or any "me too" moments among carpooling/ride-sharing colleagues on account of the new WagonR! You can manspread all you want and your knees won't rub against hers either. Toxic masculinity becomes irrelevant in this car and it makes you think - why don't people take a hint from the new WagonR and just maintain their distance from members of the other gender? Whoa, hey - I've gone off the rails here...let's not burn our Gillette razors yet. Back to the review.

* There was a fair bit of road-noise felt inside the cabin. We drove over a concrete road and we could feel and hear most of the customary noises you get when driving over concrete. One could do with some aftermarket sound deadening in this car.

* Rear headrests in the Zxi we tested were fused with the seat. They're no good quite frankly, unless one were to slide down in the rear seats so that the headrests can actually support your head/neck. Or maybe it was just us, at 6'4" and 6'2" respectively.

* The boot-space of 340 odd litres seemed surprising - since the 350 litre mark is like a gold standard associated with the Jazz in my mind; it became apparent that the Jazz achieves all that boot-space by accentuating on all that length available inside of it, while the new WagonR achieves nearly the same by utilizing its tall-boy design. But the high lip in the boot does make you lift your luggage up an extra foot or so.

* Speaking of its being a tallboy - it is seriously tall. Headroom was pretty good inside.

* But despite being a tallboy design, and much unlike its predecessors, the driver's seat positioning is disappointing. Both of us had to sit with our knees pointing up at the sky. Thankfully, the steering wheel's height is adjustable - but again, the seat isn't height-adjustable, not even in the Zxi. Overall, tall drivers would get back problems in it, unless one were to place a firm cushion on the driver's seat in order to sit higher, to have one's thighs parallel to the ground (and thereby eliminate undue stress on one's lumbar vertebral discs) and so as to get any under-thigh support.

* The Maruti salesguy told me that fully loaded, its Ground Clearance (GC) won't dip any lower than 165 mm. I don't remember now what its unladen GC figure is though...

* Even the Zxi doesn't come with Alloy wheels. Unsurprisingly then, the spare wheel placed beneath the boot comes with a steel wheel. But the spare tyre isn't thinner, nor is the wheel of a lesser diameter than the usual wheels.

On the whole - I feel that this car is a keeper. If I were to buy one now, you can be sure that I'll keep it until I run it into the ground. It is a very capable urban commuter and an can be used for occasional highway sprints. It remains to be seen whether my colleague will buy it though, since he's seriously disappointed with the seating height behind the wheel.

Last edited by locusjag : 19th February 2019 at 11:26. Reason: dotted my i's and crossed a few missed t's
locusjag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 11:28   #285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Customer : Where's the jack ? It's missing in my car.

SA : Let's check, it's not in boot

Search continues and "Jack" was found here
Yes, it's placed below driver seat.
May be a cost effective way to increase and decrease the driver seat height, and innovative at the same time as people won’t be sitting on the seat while changing tires . I think Scorpio also had this Jack arrangement under driver seat.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks