Team-BHP - Hyundai Sonata Diesel @ 14.75 lacs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Sonata Diesel @ 14.75 lacs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20464-hyundai-sonata-diesel-14-75-lacs-4.html)

Anybody has bought Sonata Diesel? How is the performance?

Source : Hyundai unveils diesel Sonata -Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) on Wednesday launched a new automatic variant of its diesel powered luxury sedan Sonata Embera CRDi, priced at Rs 15,71,656 (ex-showroom Delhi).

The company had launched a diesel variant of Sonanta Embera with manual transmission earlier this year.

"Hyundai was first to drive in the successful CRDi technology in India which was far more superior to its contemporaries. And the superior diesel technology validates Hyundai's technology edge in the diesel revolution," HMIL Managing Director H S Lheem said in a statement.

The new Sonata Embera CRDi automatic has 4-Speed H-Matic transmission which offers two modes -- traditional fully automatic or a shift that provides the driver with finger-tip gear selection.

The new Sonata Embera CRDi automatic is powered by a two-litre engine which produces 142 bhp power.

With the launch of the new variant, Sonata Embera will now be available in four variants, including both petrol and diesel.

i think the indian market some how does not like or want powerful diesels....which is quite understandable....the whole idea of a diesel is economy..so why have a powerful diesel when all that performance is not wanted...

maybe thats one of the reasons why verna is selling less than the fiesta tdci....

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 481824)
maybe thats one of the reasons why verna is selling less than the fiesta tdci....

Do you any figures? Just curious. I was thinking Verna is not far behind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 481824)
i

i dont have any figures to confim, but as i see on the roads, i am in absoloute agreement with this statement. Fiesta must be doing really good numbers, though Verna may be doing good too.

How long will the engine last ?With so many horses on a 2l diesel engine , would the engine run atleast 1 lakh kilometers ? personally i would have preffered a minimum of 2500 cc .

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatmana2000 (Post 490493)
How long will the engine last ?With so many horses on a 2l diesel engine , would the engine run atleast 1 lakh kilometers ? personally i would have preffered a minimum of 2500 cc .

?? could not understand this.
So if a 2L diesel engine produces 140 horses, it wont last long??
There are many modern 2L diesel engines which produce in excess of 150 horses and can last 100,000 miles or more without rebuild very easily.

Wow! Sonata CRDi with A/T? Pretty cool! Another car in A/T category, but still priced over the Octavia A/T. Does this have Cruise Control?

A

Triptronic technology should be spread. I'm glad that Hyundai entered Skoda's monopoly area by launching the Sonata Embera 2.0 CRDi A/T (make that Triptronic A/T) against the only Diesel A/T manufacturer -Skoda, other than the mercs and above.

A