Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2018, 11:34   #46
BHPian

Re: November 2018 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Absolutely! Creta numbers are absolutely bonkers! With literally no competition (duster's interior is too bland for today's age), Creta is enjoying a rare extended run of crazy high volumes for the price (and value on offer).
I have hopes that if priced right the Harrier definitely has the potential to play disruptor. The Nissan Kicks too looks like a promising competitor. I for one think that the segment could use some competition
Old 18th December 2018, 12:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
I don't think competition is between Ciaz, Verna and City. That will be a case of missing the elephant in the room.
True - Creta has taken the marketshare of the C2 sedans and there does not seem to be any competition for it. The Compass seemed to threaten it initially but the sales of the Compass has faded away and Compass belongs in the higher segment anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Absolutely! Creta numbers are absolutely bonkers! With literally no competition (duster's interior is too bland for today's age), Creta is enjoying a rare extended run of crazy high volumes for the price (and value on offer).
Agree completely - Creta seems to be have become what Innova is for its segment. Honda could have taken a larger cake by bringing the HR-V but they seem to take forever. I guess Maruti should take a faster step in revamping the S-Cross since at the core the S-Cross is good product...
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 12:21   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I guess Maruti should take a faster step in revamping the S-Cross since at the core the S-Cross is good product...
Maruti Suzuki will bring the 'Vitara' 7 seat SUV (BS VI) in 2020, a segment above S Cross.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 12:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Agree completely - Creta seems to be have become what Innova is for its segment. Honda could have taken a larger cake by bringing the HR-V but they seem to take forever. I guess Maruti should take a faster step in revamping the S-Cross since at the core the S-Cross is good product...
The thing is - Hyundai is sitting at the sweet spot with Creta. People are still reluctant at putting upwards of 12L on a Maruti product. Scross silhouette is more cross-over than SUV-ish, Ecosport is nearest in acceptance levels but a full size smaller, Duster is too old (although still best looking exterior, IMO), Honda (H-RV) and more importantly, Toyota (like maybe CH-R) has no offering in that segment. Let's see if with Harrier, Tata can step up the game to take on Creta.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 12:48   #50
BHPian

Quote:
. Honda could have taken a larger cake by bringing the HR-V but they seem to take forever. I guess Maruti should take a faster step in revamping the S-Cross since at the core the S-Cross is good product...
This is never going to happen IMHO. Reasons are,

1. Honda is a disaster when it comes to the decision on the pricing. They will kill it by pricing it at least 1.5 times higher than Creta.

2. Creta looks way much better than HRV, I agree that looks are subjective, still the current generation Hyundai cars has some of the best looks in the segments except for the Xcent
Old 18th December 2018, 22:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
I don't think competition is between Ciaz, Verna and City. That will be a case of missing the elephant in the room.

The competition is between Creta and the above 3. Creta alone manages to outsell all the above 3 together.

Or in other words, if Creta (and Duster) were not available, then Ciaz, Verna and City would most likely be selling 7000 units each, every month.

I can vouch for this statement! Earlier in March this year, i had sold my Rapid diesel and was on the look out for a C segment sedan, more like a swap, rather than a segment upgrade. And I test drove Diesel, Petrol and automatic options of the Verna and the City and yet was not convinced. Finally test drove the Creta and brought home the 1.6 Diesel. The Creta is like the perfect Urban Car. Its a proper city car, extremely light and easy to park, feels very comfortable and spacious as well. And the overall build quality and finish is miles ahead of the City. A lot of urban buyers today want a no-nonsense urban car. They do not necessarily want a SUV and the Creta is not one; but it offers the image and space of a SUV and the practicality of a sedan. And that is where it trumps the C segment sedans. Although it is surely a tad expensive.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 20:01   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Dzire overtakes Alto as India’s best-selling car.

Quote:
182,139 Maruti Suzuki Dzire cars were sold in April-November 2018 as compared to 169,343 Alto cars sold in the same period
Quote:
The third-best-selling model, the Maruti Suzuki Swift, was also another popular model from the carmaker’s stable during April-November, with 160,897 units sold.
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki sold 1,49,270 Baleno hatchbacks in the first eight months of 2018-19 to be in the fourth spot, while its Vitara Brezza compact SUV moved up to fifth spot with 109,247 units this year.
Quote:
The Wagon R, another model from Maruti Suzuki, was in the sixth position with 1,07,061 units.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th December 2018 at 20:03.
Old 27th December 2018, 09:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

November 2018 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Found an article on declining car sales to cab aggregators.

http://www.ecoti.in/KXQc2a
Sent from Economic Times Mobile App.(Download Now):
http://ecoti.in/etapps

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 27th December 2018 at 09:11.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks