Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2020, 23:58   #121
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_66 View Post
Hey i can DM u the photo of the invoice
Please do
I am planning to get those piano black grill+front splitter+side skirt extension+rear diffuser kits.

Mine is alpine white and those gloss black M Performance parts would really enhance the look but looking at the prices quoted to me against your quote, I would have to double check for all of them from other dealers
akash.1318 is offline  
Old 1st May 2020, 03:51   #122
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash.1318 View Post
Meet the 1st 330i to be registered in KA

Picked it up on the 9th of September, 2019
Hello akash.1318,
Many congratulations on the 1st G20 330i to be registered in KA. Hope you have trouble free ownership experience.
Even though you bought just few weeks after it was launched in India, would like to know the discounts offered by dealer at that time. Given the high prices in KA normally there is some negotiation done with dealers though it is new product launch. Wanted to PM you and check but unable as you recently joined Team bhp. Thank you
nikhil_pon is offline  
Old 1st May 2020, 09:27   #123
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Hello akash.1318,
Many congratulations on the 1st G20 330i to be registered in KA. Hope you have trouble free ownership experience.
Even though you bought just few weeks after it was launched in India, would like to know the discounts offered by dealer at that time. Given the high prices in KA normally there is some negotiation done with dealers though it is new product launch. Wanted to PM you and check but unable as you recently joined Team bhp. Thank you
Thanks. The car has done an astounding 600KM on the odo till date and everything seems to be in place and fine.

Like you said, since it was the initial launch booking I wasn't offered any sort of a discount on the Ex-Showroom, but was able to cap of the on road to SIXTY (This was the on road quote I had gotten for the 300D AMG at that time, so they decided to match that). And looking backwards the Ex-Showroom price went up by around 60k(was 47,90) as soon as I took the delivery.
akash.1318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 01:56   #124
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Sad news for M Sport fans. I just checked out BMW India's website and the spectacular Portimao Blue paint option for the 330i M Sport is no longer listed. Most probably BMW has silently deleted that paint option. Now only 3 colour options are available - Alpine White, Black Sapphire and Mediterranean Blue (on the M Sport variant Mineral Grey is offered instead of this).
beemer5499 is offline  
Old 8th May 2020, 07:24   #125
BHPian
 
rahul_jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 170
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer5499 View Post
Sad news for M Sport fans. I just checked out BMW India's website and the spectacular Portimao Blue paint option for the 330i M Sport is no longer listed. Most probably BMW has silently deleted that paint option. Now only 3 colour options are available - Alpine White, Black Sapphire and Mediterranean Blue (on the M Sport variant Mineral Grey is offered instead of this).
They don't have it under the car builder option. However, it is still available when you look within the spec sheet.

https://www.bmw.in/content/dam/bmw/m...eet-Petrol.pdf

I am hoping they don't get rid of this color. Otherwise, it'll be a total deal breaker for me.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 08:14   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,717
Thanked: 6,286 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
They don't have it under the car builder option. However, it is still available when you look within the spec sheet.

https://www.bmw.in/content/dam/bmw/m...eet-Petrol.pdf

I am hoping they don't get rid of this color. Otherwise, it'll be a total deal breaker for me.
That's right. My understanding is that it's made only against confirmed orders, and hence dealers typically don't have it in stock unless a booking gets cancelled etc.

They should introduce the 'standard' BMW blues like Mediterranean Blue or Phytonic Blue as well. The grey is an odd choice for this variant.
itwasntme is offline  
Old 8th May 2020, 16:24   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
They should introduce the 'standard' BMW blues like Mediterranean Blue or Phytonic Blue as well. The grey is an odd choice for this variant.
I for one still don't understand as to why BMW doesn't offer Metallic/Pearlescent finish to their White color and some sort of a designer paint scheme(like that of the Mercedes Designo Paint ) across their portfolio. You get some, you lose some attitude is very annoying when it comes to car manufacturers.
akash.1318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 19:17   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,818
Thanked: 1,898 Times
Default 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

This is really sad if it is true, selling a premium german sedan costing 60L on road with just 3-4 color options is the epitome of take it or leave it attitude. The m sport version looks one of the best in portimao blue shade.

I still cringe every time when i have to take my keys out to unlock the door but then i need to push a button to start the car since bmw does not offer comfort access here, how much would that cost really and its a feature you use daily. This after us paying one of the highest prices for these cars worldwide.

Really hope this is not true, times are changing rapidly with the covid scenario and it would be hard to find buyers for these expensive cars, expect deals to come in soon in the form of free BSI and warranties as till last month bmw was offering free 3 year warranty and 4 year bsi on 5 series.

Look at Skoda, they have offered such exciting shades on the VRS and we do not even get thrilling colors like sunset orange, melbourne red or the dravit grey. For a car portraying as an enthusiast's choice, please offer some interesting shades and not these boring grey's and white's.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 8th May 2020 at 19:20.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 20:22   #129
BHPian
 
rahul_jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 170
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Really hope this is not true, times are changing rapidly with the covid scenario and it would be hard to find buyers for these expensive cars, expect deals to come in soon in the form of free BSI and warranties as till last month bmw was offering free 3 year warranty and 4 year bsi on 5 series.
Even the best of deals won't make up for the sheer overpriced nature of a 330i M sport.

I've been in talks with them since the last year and the best they've offered so far is 5 lacs cash discount. That too on the bland grey color scheme.

Somehow they're just not too keen on shaving off too much from this specific model. The M sport is 57 Lacs on road Delhi. Since I'll be buying on company name, it'll be 59ish lacs for me.

And honestly, in person, this car doesn't look as striking as the old F30 model. The white and the grey color schemes make it look like just another BMW.

Hopefully, they offer the bigger discounts soon.
rahul_jo is offline  
Old 14th May 2020, 15:59   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,717
Thanked: 6,286 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash.1318 View Post
Mine is alpine white and those gloss black M Performance parts would really enhance the look but looking at the prices quoted to me against your quote, I would have to double check for all of them from other dealers
Bangalore rates for accessories below. I am assuming there is some scope for negotiation as well.

Door Projector ₹ 15,000
Advance cam eye ₹ 52,000
Luggage compartment mat ₹ 16,000
Floor mat ₹ 12,000
M Kidney grille black ₹: 20,000
M floor mats ₹ 32,000
Front splitter pro in carbon ₹ 1,03,000
Carbon fibre mirror caps ₹ 73,000
Rear bumper trim in black ₹ 55,700
Side skirt attachment ₹ 68,000
Rear diffuser black high gloss ₹ 38,997
Rear diffuser carbon fibre ₹ 1,25,400
Side skirt transfers frozen black ₹ 16,302
Rear spoiler black Matt ₹ 33,400
Rear spoiler carbon fibre ₹ 66,800
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 16:24   #131
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Bangalore rates for accessories below. I am assuming there is some scope for negotiation as well.
Thanks, seems like I got more or less the same quote for most of them.

Quote:
Door Projector ₹ 15,000
I was quoted 6.5k, went to get it installed and then was told they didn't have the right one that goes with this 7th gen
Quote:
Advance cam eye ₹ 52,000
They(Navnit) have some package that gets you Car Eye 2.0(41.7k)+Tire Mobility(9.8k)+BMW LED Flash light(4k)+Installation(6k) for around 49.3k
Quote:
Luggage compartment mat ₹ 16,000
The luggage compartment mat doesn't fit the Indian ones because of the spare tyre package.
Quote:
Floor mat ₹ 12,000
Got it for around 9k due to some Monsoon offer
Quote:
M Kidney grille black ₹: 20,000
I was quoted the same but avi_66 got it for 12k(a few posts behind). This is the one that I really want.
Quote:
Side skirt transfers frozen black ₹ 16,302
Got it for FREE!

Sorry, forgot to attach on the previous post.
Attached Thumbnails
7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-20190927_145131.jpg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-20190927_231248.jpg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-20190927_231331.jpg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-20190927_231415.jpg  


Last edited by Zappo : 14th May 2020 at 16:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
akash.1318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 17:04   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 4,717
Thanked: 6,286 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshb View Post
I am so embarrassed itwasntme, , first it was my insane amount of travel, and now the lockdown (and a covered car in the basement). I promise I will post some soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash.1318 View Post
Meet the 1st 330i to be registered in KA

Picked it up on the 9th of September, 2019
Time you both posted lots of pictures of your rides. Lockdown now getting over so no more excuses now
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 11:59   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
Venkatesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,976
Thanked: 10,686 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Luxury Sedans Drag Race
BMW 330i
Jaguar XE P250

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 23:33   #134
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 32
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash.1318 View Post
They(Navnit) have some package that gets you Car Eye 2.0(41.7k)+Tire Mobility(9.8k)+BMW LED Flash light(4k)+Installation(6k) for around 49.3k
Damn they're still pushing the trashcam Car Eye 2.0
nigr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 17:23   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,818
Thanked: 1,898 Times
Default Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Just came across this video review from a youtube channel comparing the G20 and F30. It is good to see that the reviewer has been so honest in accepting the short comings of the F30 when it comes to ride/handling. The pre Lci F30's had unsorted suspension set up wherein the rear was too soggy and if you used to drive the car spiritedly, the rear used to get unsettled and the rear used to wallow over undulations. Even the F30 LCi's rear gets unsettled over sharp undulations where a humble Swift or Ecosport rides absolutely flat.

Have not driven the G20 yet but am delighted to read that BMW is going back to its roots and have tremendously improved the handling balance, NVH and interiors. There 3 things needed an improvement over the F series and they have really worked hard on it, the 330i M sport must be a hoot to drive with the new chassis, improved NVH and reworked suspension.

The only downer is the price has gone up way too much, i got my 320D for 32L on road in 2015 and now even the base G20 costs 48 on road, agree the base variant now is better kitted but the car has really gone into 5 series price range.

coolboy007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks