Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2020, 23:39   #166
BHPian

Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Congratulations on your new car! I am planning to purchase the Sport version by December this year. One question, does the iDrive 6 support iPhone music through USB cable? Kind of a huge deal for me as I prefer music through cable than Bluetooth!
Thanks

Last edited by manson : 26th June 2020 at 02:24. Reason: Typos.
Old 26th June 2020, 05:09   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: 7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thank you
Thanks, Vid. Yes, the drooling was getting downright embarrassing wasn't it? . Sold both the Creta and the Octavia to highly deserving passionate car/bike nuts
Thanks!
Hang on, so you’ve sold both Creta and Octy? Left with one car - and that too a German marquee one. Isn't it a bit risky having your prime and only car being a relatively expensive to maintain one?

Last edited by manson : 26th June 2020 at 09:42. Reason: Typos.
Old 26th June 2020, 15:36   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats @itwasntme!
The car looks absolutely beautiful!

Some missing features like the M Steering, etc. can be upgraded over time when it's time for a refresh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hang on, so you’ve sold both Creta and Octy? Left with one car - and that too a German marquee one. Isn't it a bit risky having your prime and only car being a relatively expensive to maintain one?
Given his other option was the new Superb - the BMW should be equally reliable if not marginally better. The F30 has several happy buyers, and haven't heard of any complaints with the new gen either.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 16:49   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Little impromptu video switching from Comfort to Sport mode. You can hear the valve open activated by the electronic actuator.
itwasntme is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 23:02   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Little impromptu video switching from Comfort to Sport mode. You can hear the valve open activated by the electronic actuator.

Good to know the engine does not have a soft limiter and you can rev it anytime you like 😀 very throaty growl and doesn't need anything louder for everyday use!
Old 29th June 2020, 01:02   #171
BHPian

What is the expected mileage figures of the 330i.

6-7 in City and 9-10 on the highway with a heavy foot or does it go further low?
Can someone throw light on this.

I had a 320D and it was giving me 10-12 in City and 12-14 on the highway with aggressive driving. Just curious to know for 330i.
Old 29th June 2020, 01:31   #172
BHPian

Hello Itwasntme,
congratulations on the BMW. I am very happy seeing your post on the new acquisition. I always had a thought that you will be going for BMW next, but wasnt sure which one exactly as some of your posts were considering the pre-owned ones as well.
Brilliant choice, wishing you a joyful and safe ownership experience.
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 18:43   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Congratulations @itwasntme this is brilliant news!
So besides the iDrive 7, ambient lights, different steering and few things here and there, what do you really feel is a miss, features wise? I know you'd be missing something from the Octavia here. Are there any 2020 specific updates? Does the Sport variant also have valves in the exhaust like in the M Sport?
Thanks. I miss the iDrive 7 version (without missing the Live Cockpit Plus screens), but globally the iD7 is exclusively full digital. I actually like the ana-digi dials a lot. Frankly, this car builds up speed so fast that rest assured any driver will be hard-pressed to focus on the road ahead, rather than the glitzy electronic screens .

As far as I know, there are no 2020 updates although I have a feeling, BMW will slowly upgrade all cars to iD7 as they phase out iD6. Sport also has the exact drive modes and exhaust notes so nothing missed there.
The boot is tiny compared to the Octavia. Kiss bye bye to bulky luggage or ferrying MTBs for service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambodara View Post
Congratulations on your new car! One question, does the iDrive 6 support iPhone music through USB cable? Kind of a huge deal for me as I prefer music through cable than Bluetooth!
Thanks
Apologies, I'm an Android man but will flick wife's phone and check quietly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Haha, buying a beater car for chauffeur-driven use and errands with the money I saved on the M Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Congrats @itwasntme!
The car looks absolutely beautiful! Given his other option was the new Superb - the BMW should be equally reliable if not marginally better. The F30 has several happy buyers, and haven't heard of any complaints with the new gen either.
At least internationally, the G20 has turned out to be very reliable across the world. I am hoping for a fuss-free 7 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Good to know the engine does not have a soft limiter and you can rev it anytime you like 😀 very throaty growl and doesn't need anything louder for everyday use!
Thanks, adi. I THINK there is a soft limiter (at idle) but could not locate it in the manual. I am anyway keeping it to below 4,500 rpm during running in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
What is the expected mileage figures of the 330i. 6-7 in City and 9-10 on the highway with a heavy foot or does it go further low?
Sathya, my residence is out on the BLR airport road so I have a mix of highway & city. Currently my average is 9.9 km/lt on the MID even with fairly spirited driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Hello Itwasntme,
congratulations on the BMW.
Thank you Nikhil, wish you the best as well!

Some more pics follow. Bought a cheap key cover for now to save damage from drops etc. Looking for a better alternatives.
Attached Thumbnails
7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-2.jpeg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-3.jpeg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-4.jpeg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-5.jpeg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-6.jpeg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-8.jpeg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-9.jpeg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-10.jpeg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-k1.jpeg  

7th-gen BMW 3-Series launch by mid-2019 EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 41.40 lakhs-k2.jpeg  

itwasntme is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 01:26   #174
BHPian

Couple of questions for the G20 3 series owners.
How loud is the 80 kmph and 120 kmph speed alert?
Is the beep easily downed by increasing volume of the audio system or is it prominent?
Can it be disabled? I read in one X3 review that it can be removed by coding.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 21:27   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
How loud is the 80 kmph and 120 kmph speed alert?
Is the beep easily downed by increasing volume of the audio system or is it prominent?
Can it be disabled? I read in one X3 review that it can be removed by coding.
The beep is very loud and is integrated into the audio volume. In my experience, it cannot be drowned out by increasing the volume as it's volume increases too .
I'd love to know if and how it can be disabled, but knowing the Germans and their general OCD to comply (except for Dieselgate ), it won't be easy and no dealer will carry out such an 'illegal' act.
itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 21:41   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The beep is very loud and is integrated into the audio volume. In my experience, it cannot be drowned out by increasing the volume as it's volume increases too .
I'd love to know if and how it can be disabled, but knowing the Germans and their general OCD to comply (except for Dieselgate ), it won't be easy and no dealer will carry out such an 'illegal' act.
You will probably need to connect with tuners who work on remaps, i am sure they will be able to do it.
Old 1st July 2020, 21:42   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If it is coupled with audio volume, then what happens if you just mute the audio, or just switch off the audio from the head-unit, or make the volume very low? Will the beep be gone if you keep the audio switched off?

F30 has a separate setting for warning chime volumes (that is independent of the audio volume), and I am sure G20 would have that too. I would have imagined that the speed warning is part of those warning chimes. Is that not the case?
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 17:26   #178
BHPian

Congratulations @itwasntme and @jfk1975! Both cars look great! I'm really hoping they launch the 330 or 530e otherwise the 330i my next car too.

Quote:
The boot is tiny compared to the Octavia. Kiss bye bye to bulky luggage or ferrying MTBs for service.

Apologies, I'm an Android man but will flick wife's phone and check quietly.
@itwasntme
Is there space in under compartment of the boot for the space saver? I heard somewhere it's doable.

Also, Android Auto is supposed to be available later this summer. So something to look forward too. It should work on Idrive6.
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:42   #179
BHPian

Quote:
It mostly can be done(iD7). Dealer is of no help here. Currently sitting on an OBDLink MX+ adapter and contemplating the Re-Code.
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:50   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
If it is coupled with audio volume, then what happens if you just mute the audio, or just switch off the audio from the head-unit, or make the volume very low? Will the beep be gone if you keep the audio switched off?
Not that I know of. It is single beep that triggers at 80 Kph (one reminder) and a continuous double beeps after you cross 120 Kph. It will not be disabled by the dealer, and the audio settings don't influence it. My understanding is that the work-arounds are to do an aftermarket hack (for lack of a better word), or just increase the audio volume while playing tunes of your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Congratulations @itwasntme and @jfk1975! Both cars look great!
Is there space in under compartment of the boot for the space saver? I heard somewhere it's doable.
Thank you! The best way I can describe the available space near the space saver (I don't have an image right now) is visualize a circle in a square. You have some tiny pockets of space at the 4 corners, but nothing really that usable for storage as such other than small items. One could take out the space saver tire to make room for decent chunk of trunk space though.
jfk1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks