Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift 1.6 in 2007?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift 1.6 in 2007? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20471-maruti-suzuki-swift-1-6-2007-a.html)

everyone is now talking abt diesel's Swift but in many country
such as China will introduce Swift with 1.6 liter in 2007
(M16a which is in New Baleno)

what about India ,anynews for Swift 1.6??

anyways, if i'm were maruti, i will introduce Swift 1.6 for sure.

the M16a is whats in the Swift Sport, which also has rear disc brakes, tweaked suspension, racing seats and sports bumpers.

Forget it guys! Maruti is not going to bring it in unless Hyundai decides to bring a very hot version of getz & it becomes a hit.
Very lately, normal daily use cars are becoming very boring and mundane. And Swift sport is not one such car. It carries in it a lot of nerve cracking driving excitement while being very practical too.
Pity, We're not going to get it. (Will we?).

Dude,
i also got to know that santro is also coming up with 1.3L engine by the end of this year. even the body is gonna be change....
this was told to me by showroom guy when i was getting my santro delivered last month

Quote:

Originally Posted by kick.throttle (Post 354358)
Dude,
i also got to know that santro is also coming up with 1.3L engine by the end of this year. even the body is gonna be change....
this was told to me by showroom guy when i was getting my santro delivered last month

Its not a body change....

Its a new car... The one that has been mentioned in magazines as codename pa... Could be the kia picanto... Most probably will have a 1.3L, and the 1.1 CRDi... Though CRDi will be at the end of the year...

As for the Swift 1.6, leave it guys... There is no use discussing about it... Someone, soon is going to pop up the question... 'what would be the mileage?' :Frustrati

Leave the M16A, i wish Maruti would atleast plonk in the 1.6 from the current baleno, with the little more power... But, no point in thinking..

Before the 1.6, they will launch the Diesel version of the Swift since they have already started efforts in manufacturing the 1.3 Multijet engine.

With the 1.6 and bells/whistles, the Swift 1.6 could not be priced lower than 6 lac. Are there going to be any takers then?

Maruti has always played safe and will always play safe. If it won't sell in insane numbers, they won't make it. Profitability before passion. So the Swift 1.6 is not likely to make our shores.

Maybe we can talk about a B-Swift, about a year after the new Baleno with the M16A is launched :-)

Indian practicality vs pampering the child in us is painful. But, speaking for myself, even though the 1.6 Swift would be a more focussed acquisition, it would hurt me more not to have it.

No guys, i didn't mean the 1.6 liter 125 hoursepower in Swift sport
but i means the 1.6 liter 107 hoursepower (m16a) that is now
in current Liana and in new SX4.

No dont think we would get a swift 1.6[with either of the two engines].

Companies like renault,fiat will have to open up this segment of the market,maruti would only play wait and watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 354386)
Its not a body change....

There is no use discussing about it... Someone, soon is going to pop up the question... 'what would be the mileage?' :Frustrati

Leave the M16A, i wish Maruti would atleast plonk in the 1.6 from the current baleno, with the little more power... But, no point in thinking..

Thats good and sensible thinking. Manufaturers worry more about mileage these days then consumers. Mileage is everything here, but not for everyone, when it comes to selling cars. A 1.6 swift is a great idea but might not happen. I think the baleno engine with lil tweaks could reach 100 BHP. Not bad for a light small Swift. Mileage should also be ok. Maruti should think about it.

1.6 is comin for sure, dunno about the goodies with it though. will come in this year as well. i will be one of them who owns one for sure.

I don't think they will get it either. Everyone wanted a 1.3L zen but they knew it wouldn't sell in big numbers that's why it never came.
It's going to be the same story here.