Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2019, 13:00   #211
BHPian

Re: Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Doesn't seem to be a case of Bird size positioning.

Looks like Tata is working on the SUV #AboveAll tagline here, using the established loftiness of the CASSINI satellite in Space to emphasize the point of being #AboveAll.

Tata is positioning the Cassini above the Harrier which is #AboveAll.
It does does it not. given all Impact 2.0 vehicles for whom names have been revealed are bird based(Harrier & Altroz). The Buzzard too. The satellite connection is something I have seen in this one news item but the bird one is more widespread. The article also speculates based on the patent filing which by the by is also true for Shikra and a couple of others.

I agree the Safari does not fall in the bird name nomenclature but a break from the marketing strategy would typically be for some major marketing benefit like brand recall that the Safari badge has.
Old 19th March 2019, 13:19   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Couple of design sketches shared
Looks like one side of the third row gets the pillar mounted AC vents and the other doesn't.
Old 19th March 2019, 16:16   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Looks like one side of the third row gets the pillar mounted AC vents and the other doesn't.
I think that it is clearly visible in both the pics that a separate portion just out as rearmost AC vents from both the C-pillars. One pic is from the front backwards (of the right side of the vehicle) and the other is from the back forwards (showing the left side of the vehicle)!!
Old 19th March 2019, 16:34   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I think that it is clearly visible in both the pics that a separate portion just out as rearmost AC vents from both the C-pillars. One pic is from the front backwards (of the right side of the vehicle) and the other is from the back forwards (showing the left side of the vehicle)!!
You are right, since they seem to be renderings, the one on the right side is made smaller (less in height). Left one also seem to have additional plastic piece on the pillar.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 13:52   #215
BHPian

dear fellow BHPians. Yesterday I caught Tata Buzzard being test driven on NH48 between Satara and Pune. I could not capture a proper front pic as the driver became aware that I am clicking snaps and he suddenly reduced speed and veered away 😅.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-3d2ea5851ccc40d1baf09f09d789aeb5.jpeg  

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-dcbeace58ca64db3954173e0f259153f.jpeg  

wanderingwolf is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 13:56   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
dear fellow BHPians. Yesterday I caught Tata Buzzard being test driven on NH48 between Satara and Pune. I could not capture a proper front pic as the driver became aware that I am clicking snaps and he suddenly reduced speed and veered away 😅.

Regards
Well actually this looks like a normal Harrier Or buzzard sports in European language
tushky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 17:25   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Well actually this looks like a normal Harrier Or buzzard sports in European language
good evening,

I also thought so initially but then why would Tata test an already launched vehicle under camouflage? that too yesterday! and it also seems very unlikely that they’re planning for any facelifts for the Harrier so early.

I don’t know, it defies logic. I would request further opinions of fellow BHPians.

regards
Old 20th March 2019, 17:47   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Quote:
good evening,

I also thought so initially but then why would Tata test an already launched vehicle under camouflage? that too yesterday! and it also seems very unlikely that they’re planning for any facelifts for the Harrier so early.

I don’t know, it defies logic. I would request further opinions of fellow BHPians.

regards
Seems like an old Harrier test mule to me. It's sibling 724 was captured as far back as Nov'18 (before launch) - See this (Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs)

Maybe they are now testing the AT? Who knows!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 17:53   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

regards
7 seater has much lower window line for the rear windscreen. This is Harrier.
Old 20th March 2019, 18:08   #220
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
There might be a chance that this is a Harrier AWD, Petrol or even an AT test mule. In that case, good for Tata(and us enthusiasts too)!

Cheers!
Old 21st March 2019, 02:13   #221
BHPian

Oh Tata! First, the underwhelming production planning and initial quality that killed the hype. Then the weird design of the 7-seater. Then the naming fumbles. Big bird, small bird. Why the birds every time? This company needs a marketing overhaul.
Old 21st March 2019, 08:04   #222
BHPian

For a 7 seater the space looks really limited, to me it looks much less than Hexa.
This would have been good to offer with nice panaromic sun roof !!
Old 21st March 2019, 15:48   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Interesting views from the source: first, that the H7X's production name seems to have been derived from a satellite. Wonder whether they will be able to secure the patent rights for it, though.
I don't think they need any patents since the satellite itself was named after the scientist Giovanni Cassini who is famous for his work regarding Saturn observations (a sort of like the Saturn version of Gallileo) and the word Cassini has been used to describe geographical aspects like the division between the rings of Saturn.

I find this amusing since on the Altroz thread I rambled on about Tata's recent naming choices. Well atleast Cassini sounds better than Buzzard. Although, slightly odd choice though.

I had mentioned how automakers like to name their SUVs after geographical features, citynames or adventurism for eg Tucson, Kodiaq, Santa Fe, Atlas, Telluride, Gypsy, Landcrusier, Compass, Discovery, Tahoe, Navarro, Equinox, Everest, Yukon Denali (a mountain in Alaska)...and ofcourse Sierra and Safari. I wonder if Tata can come up with a India-nish geographical name for its next SUV.

I was thinking about one for while and I realised that Indian names don't really lend well to cars. Tata Nainital (lake) or Tata Nangaparbat or Tata Bengaluru doesn't quite cut it.

However, I do like Tata Deccan. Sounds pretty global-ish and Indian.
avishar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 21:14   #224
BHPian

Autocar interviews Rajendra Petkar, Chief technology officer, TML on the Buzzard at the Geneva motor show

Key takeaways:
  • All future TML vehicles to be based on the Alfa or the Omega platforms.
  • Coupe SUV and a MUV are possible on the Omega platform, at a very early stage of design.
  • Working on an in-house 1.6L turbocharged petrol engine for the Harrier & Buzzard.
  • 4*4 all but ruled out, market penetration and priorities being the reasons stated.

No questions on the availability of AT or timeline on the petrol variants.
I like the Harrier and the Buzzard/Cassini for what they offer, decent alternatives for Creta, Compass or the XUV500. Would've liked them to handle the launch better, with no TD vehicles in many places and some with better build than the others.
I would've loved to see this in at least an AWD version if not a full 4*4. My dad is in the market for a CSUV, Crossover'ish SUV, not sure yet if Harrier is the one.

Last edited by Mukund : 23rd March 2019 at 21:40.
Mukund is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 21:39   #225
BHPian

Though we were already expecting it to be negative, the confirmation that the 4x4 option is ruled out is a buzz kill.Agreed that the mass market might not care for the AWD option but the few who would've expected the AWD+AT combination on this Land Rover pedigree 7 seater will have to look higher up in the price ladder. The 'darien gap' between XUV5OO AWD AT and the Isuzu MuX 4x4AT remains un-bridged.

Sigh.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks