Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2019, 21:12   #61
BHPian

Re: Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Nice, waiting for the showcase at Geneva.

I, for one, hope they bring a SUV with the name - Sierra. That would be also be an icon for me. Of course with some similarities between the two.

-Slick
The Harrier especially with the sunroof on the H5X was an opportunity for bringing back the Sierra badge. The Blackbird(Creta competitor) will be another one. This one is a flagship and deserves the Safari marque especially with the size, shape and roof rails. In fact I remember when the talk of the Q502 started it was talked as a Safari replacement.
nainan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 21:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
The Harrier especially with the sunroof on the H5X was an opportunity for bringing back the Sierra badge.
I too wish that this should be named Sierra. However if this is a global SUV thenin international markets tata cant use the name Sierra because Ford already have Sierra name with them.

P.S : now you finally know how the H7X looks, as i told in my previous posts, earlier 2018 test mules were all H5X.
tushky is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 21:48   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
However if this is a global SUV thenin international markets tata cant use the name Sierra because Ford already have Sierra name with them.
They can't use the name Harrier either since Toyota has it
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 22:57   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Thought I'll try to bring in Harrier's rear 3/4 to see the difference between the H7X & Harrier. I think the major difference is for the rear windshield, which is more rectangular. The silhouette, to me, atleast is very similar to the Harrier otherwise.

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-h7x.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th February 2019 at 22:58.
swiftnfurious is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 01:08   #65
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The difference is a bit like a mini version of Merc GLE to GLS in 2015-2018 yrs.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 07:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thought I'll try to bring in Harrier's rear 3/4 to see the difference between the H7X & Harrier. I think the major difference is for the rear windshield, which is more rectangular. The silhouette, to me, atleast is very similar to the Harrier otherwise.
Complete change in the rear three quarters, actually.

1. Larger third row glass to enhance visibility and lessen claustrophobia.
2. Larger rear windshield for better rearward visibility.
3. New tail lamps.
4. More SUV rather than Coupe.
5. Roof rail probably fixed on body (not raised) to enhance visual height.
6. Almost flat tailgate with lesser kinks when compared to Harrier.
discoverwild is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 16:54   #67
BANNED

Tata H7X likely to feature rotary gear selector, electronic parking brake
Tata Motors’ latest teaser image shows a Jaguar Land Rover-like rotary gear selector; the image is understood to be of the upcoming H7X SUV.

Source
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 18:08   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Tata Motors’ latest teaser image shows a Jaguar Land Rover-like rotary gear selector; the image is understood to be of the upcoming H7X SUV.

Source
Does it mean there won't be any 'manual' mode (tip-tronics)? I don't think they will provide paddle-shifts. How is it on the LR cars?
Old 28th February 2019, 18:42   #69
BHPian

Latest H7X Teaser. The SUV that exudes power
nainan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 18:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Source
That gear selector should be of the new concept cars that Tata will be showcasing during next month Auto expo.
Old 28th February 2019, 19:48   #71
BHPian

What can we expect in terms of third row space and boot space with the third row up? Since it is a monocoque, I assume the floor may not be raised much in the third row. I guess the third row space as well as the boot space will be a function of how much lengthened is the platform when compared to the Harrier. Any insights in to this aspect?
Old 28th February 2019, 20:28   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
What can we expect in terms of third row space and boot space with the third row up? Since it is a monocoque, I assume the floor may not be raised much in the third row. I guess the third row space as well as the boot space will be a function of how much lengthened is the platform when compared to the Harrier. Any insights in to this aspect?
I had shared some details of H7X last August. Related post link available below.

Quoting the same for reference,

Quote:
  • Harrier is expected to be launched in 5 Seater guise first. 7 Seater will also made in same plant, but it'll be bit different compared to 5 Seater which is exactly like Concept. 7 Seater will arrive at later stage.
  • 7 Seater has been developed keeping in mind 3rd Row Comfort. Most SUVs don't have Comfortable 3rd Row. Either they are too narrow(Seat Width) or high(Floor Area).
  • While the 3rd Row in Harrier 7 Seater won't be as comfortable as 2nd Row, Tata has made changes to Windows & Railings of 2nd row in order to make 3rd row spacious.
  • 7 Seater will be longer and will have larger wheelbase then 5 Seater.
  • Expect some fancy stuff like Blinds for 3rd row, proper Rear AC Coil, Electric Folding Seats, Removable seats to make it's way in 7 Seater exclusively
While the exact dimensions are not revealed yet, expect the 7 Seater to be like any other 7 Seater. Low on Boot Space compared to its 5 Seater Version.

Regarding Height of 3rd Row, If Tata manages to offer Decent 3rd Row with High Placed Seats, it'll help them immensely to market it. Like in case of Nexon, "Kitna Safe Hai", they can market H7X as "Kitna Aaram Hai".

In many 7 Seater, last row is only good for short distances, especially for Tall People. Exception being the Mercedes GLS which I have sat in.

Link (Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs)
CarguyNish is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 21:28   #73
BHPian

I for one hope TATA pays attention to NVH levels in H7x. From what we hear across platforms, NVH seems to one of Harrier's limitations.

This H7x will be TATA's new Flagship when launched - so by all means they must ensure that it lives upto the expectations.

OT - Can't wait to see an Ad for H7x on the lines of "Reclaim your lives"
Old 28th February 2019, 22:39   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Tata Motors’ latest teaser image shows a Jaguar Land Rover-like rotary gear selector; the image is understood to be of the upcoming H7X SUV...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
That gear selector should be of the new concept cars that Tata will be showcasing during next month Auto expo.
Not sure whether the H7X also will feature it, but earlier today, TATA had released the teaser of the 45X hatchback with this image. I'd rather expect the H7X to share very similar bin to the Harrier to save costs.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4551733

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th February 2019 at 22:41.
Old 1st March 2019, 00:00   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
See Disco 3rd row for reference - the cavity in the boot for row 3 seats already exists in the Harrier.

Steeroid is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks