Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2019, 10:00   #136
BHPian

re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
True!

My requirement for next Figo/Aspire TDCi was simple. All black interiors, 6 Airbags, Sync 3 with Android Auto system, Reverse camera and 15 Inch wheels.

But Ford India
I'm not sure if i can get your frustration. The Freestyle T+ TDCI will fulfill all of your above requirements. And it looks better than the normal Figo!
Old 16th March 2019, 10:18   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post

What have they given on that 7 inch touchscreen on the Titanium twins then?
A simple touchscreen with builtin navigation. No Android Auto/ Apple Car Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I'm not sure if i can get your frustration. The Freestyle T+ TDCI will fulfill all of your above requirements. And it looks better than the normal Figo!

I had already mentioned it in my previous post

Quote:
Then Freestyle TDCi Titanium+. Can't live with that brown dashboard and 185 Section tyres. Yes there is ample grip, but when you pay so-much money, wider tyres adds value.

Last edited by myavu : 16th March 2019 at 10:41.
Old 16th March 2019, 10:23   #138
BHPian

Quote:
A simple touchscreen with builtin navigation. No Android Auto
But there has to be an underlying software used to run the touch screen. An interface in other words. Is that not Sync 3 here? I don't see why Ford would have two different softwares.
Tough luck for you, but I myself detest Android Auto, so as long as it's Sync 3, I'm happy.

Quote:
No, the underlying siftware is not Sync 3. If Sync 3 it would have supported Android Auto by default.
Really dumb of Ford! While far from the best on offer worldwide, it's still a great UI as far as car HU interfaces go. I don't know what savings they made...

Last edited by Mu009 : 16th March 2019 at 10:36. Reason: Added some stuff.
Old 16th March 2019, 10:29   #139
BHPian

Quote:
A simple touchscreen with builtin navigation. No Android Auto/ Apple Car Play

I had already mentioned it in my previous post
But the Freestyle does come with 15 inchers. I don't know what can be done about the dash though!
Old 16th March 2019, 10:30   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But there has to be an underlying software used to run the touch screen. An interface in other words. Is that not Sync 3 here? I don't see why Ford would have two different softwares.

No, the underlying siftware is not Sync 3. If Sync 3 it would have supported Android Auto by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
But the Freestyle does come with 15 inchers. I don't know what can be done about the dash though!

Sorry, it is 15 inch but not 195 Section as Aspire & Figo. I forgot to mention 15 Inch 195 Section tyres in the previous post.

Last edited by myavu : 16th March 2019 at 10:39.
myavu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 10:46   #141
BHPian

2019 Ford Figo facelift vs rivals:
Prices, Dimensions, Features, Powertrains comparison

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-screenshot_20190316111303_chrome.jpg

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-screenshot_20190316111129_chrome.jpg

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-screenshot_20190316111224_chrome.jpg

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-screenshot_20190316111145_chrome.jpg

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-screenshot_20190316111212_chrome.jpg

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-screenshot_20190316111159_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by JS Kwt : 16th March 2019 at 10:48.
JS Kwt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 17:13   #142
Team-BHP Support

Had a quick look at the Figo Blu variant earlier today. The lighting is really poor in the JP Nagar branch of JSP Ford, so didn't bother with pictures.

The blue highlights look ok on the silver colour. I'd probably rip off the stickering but the highlights are ok.

Asked the SA to call me when he has an AT for test drive. I'll post proper first impressions then.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 18:03   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Maybe not. They probably will launch the Figo-S later. This way they can stay in the news.
Last time, the issue I had with Figo S was that it was based on the Titanium and not top end. Anyone who buys it lost on the extra safety kit and some niceties. The feedback I read / heard on the Figo S was, its how the normal Fords are (compared to the current watered down model).

If the Blu had S spec stuffs, would have been wonderful + they could bring an S with some added power etc making it a real special version like the yesteryear Fiesta S kinda product.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th March 2019 at 18:06.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 18:11   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
2019 Ford Figo facelift vs rivals:
Prices, Dimensions, Features, Powertrains comparison
Something I realized reading all the Autocar articles, they have the old Figo pitched in everywhere. Wonder why? Do they think old one is a competitor to the new one? or is it Ford, trying to drive home the point, new Figo is better in every aspect, at the same time, cheaper than the older one.
Old 16th March 2019, 18:37   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Tough luck for you, but I myself detest Android Auto, so as long as it's Sync 3, I'm happy.
Quote:
Although its not mentioned anywhere on Ford website or the Figo brochure, I suspect its the same infotainment system present in the lower variants of the facelift EcoSport. If that's true indeed, then I hope they've made improvements. Here's my rant on that infotainment system from my ownership review of EcoSport Trend Plus -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4554108 (Ford EcoSport Trend Plus AT (Facelift) - Ownership experience of my ShadowFax)
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 19:27   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
or is it Ford, trying to drive home the point, new Figo is better in every aspect, at the same time, cheaper than the older one.
Very correct. It is very unusual for a facelifted or new generation model to be cheaper than the previous model. But here it is the case, and a strong one when a market like India is considered.
Old 16th March 2019, 20:14   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Though initially I had tips about the S spec suspension on Blu, I also now hear its not! I'll wait for team-bhp review (or some other reviews) for a confirmation.
I met my dealer today and he says the Blu has the Sports suspension. Now who's right?

Quote:
I don't know what issue the bean counters have with top end ATs (and with providing a reasonable wealth of options in general) for our market.
Also asked him about this and he says a top end AT will not have takers for that price.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 20:41   #148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Also asked him about this and he says a top end AT will not have takers for that price!
The buffoons at Ford India should try at least once and then see. Without giving a top end for Aspire and Figo AT ever, they have reached a conclusion that there will be no takers! What can a customer do , try not to buy an imaginary variant? They can keep it as an optional variant or so.

I can understand Maruti or Hyundai not giving top end automatics, as they have volume even without that, unlike Ford which sells in low thousands and selling a few hundreds more would be significant. My search for an affordable top end automatic continues, looks like I have throw driving pleasure out of my priorities and buy something like Yaris
The Rationalist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 20:52   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
...then I hope they've made improvements....
I didn't get to spend much time with it, but my impressions of the FLY unit on the new Figo is it's pretty decent on its own.

The UI is clean and similar (intentionally?) to the SYNC3 unit, navigation does appear a bit laggy but it's not a deal-breaker for me. Phone and music connectivity options seem to be the same and worked well enough for the short demo.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of electronically-loaded cars, and my primary requirement (large-ish petrol motor + robust AT) is met by the Figo, so I'm willing to compromise on gizmos.

I was very impressed by cabin packaging. Lots of storage spots, and space is decent too. I'm 5'8", and had a few inches of kneeroom in the rear with the driver seat set to my liking.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 21:21   #150
BHPian

I hope that eventually car companies realize that there is a market for a top of the line automatic hatchback/compact sedan with all the safety features.

When I started looking for the replacement for the wagonR- primarily used by mom, (the first of two purchases in the coming 18-24 month window) the non existent Figo/Aspire in the titanium plus AT trim with the side/curtain airbags would have been ticked off all my requirements. (Parking space being the constraint, not the budget)

The Ecosport is the first available option with all airbags and an auto. Then you have the Yaris and the top end options for the city and the Verna. (Parking would have been a pain for the larger sedans but still manageable)

Couldn't really convince myself to get the Ecosport.

When the Aspire facelift didn't have what I call the true top end trim, i ended up revisiting my purchase criteria and ended up buying what essentially would have been the second car we were planning to buy. The wagonR soldiers on.

We will buy another car to replace the wagonR in max a year's time. Ideally sub 4m, auto, 6/7 airbags, a high safety score (and fun to drive for the occasions when it's me and not mom behind the wheel). The Figo could have been that. As things stand, the Ecosport is still the only option.
Mar21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed