Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 15:42   #167
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Then, EcoSport T+ it is.
Exactly what Ford wants people to do I guess
There's the minor issue of finding 50% extra budget.

Ford should've put the 1.5P AT powertrain on the entire portfolio in at least two variants (made-to-order to manage inventory for slower selling ones), let people choose. Now they'll just lose sales to under-powered but better-equipped competition.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th March 2019 at 15:44.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 16:11   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Then, EcoSport T+ it is.
Exactly what Ford wants people to do I guess
want a hatch.relatively easier to park and drive. zoom in city . any clue on 'Kitna deti hai' figures? Now for me it's a choice between GT TSI which's expensive vs Figo AT. GT TSI delivers a FE of 9-10 I guess. Probably Figo will be in that range
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 17:19   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
There's the minor issue of finding 50% extra budget.

Ford should've put the 1.5P AT powertrain on the entire portfolio in at least two variants (made-to-order to manage inventory for slower selling ones), let people choose. Now they'll just lose sales to under-powered but better-equipped competition.
I agree, it's no minor matter! But, I guess, doesn't matter for Ford's bean counters. People cannot keep pushing their budget to get that perfect car. And to draw customers to the higher trim/next car, you simply cannot keep handicapping your own cars lower down the ladder.

Learn something from Maruti. Example - they are slowly moving over all their models to the same infotainment system (at least on the top trims).
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 22:30   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post
Hummm, when i checked on the hyundai website/brochure, they didn't have the automatic in the trim with the 6 airbags. That coupled with the fact that
i've driven a friend's pre owned i20 auto that has run ~80K and didn't really enjoy driving it( no doubt it has aged really well) meant that i did not step in to the showroom.

If they do have one - yes, will be there on the list.

Cheers!
i20 was launched with CVT 8 months back. Quite likely your friend's i20 is not the same engine gearbox combo as it has run 80k kms already. It also recent received the Asta(O) variant which has 6 airbags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Is there a way wherein one could pay for it to get it installed?
Quote:
I am looking for an AT dude!
You might be better off going for Aspire AT. It has these features for 60k more, and there might be scope for some discounts too. The size is not very different either.
Old 18th March 2019, 23:21   #171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
You might be better off going for Aspire AT. It has these features for 60k more, and there might be scope for some discounts too. The size is not very different either.
Except the standard 15-inch alloys and 195 section rubber, the Aspire AT has the exact same feature-set shortcomings as the Figo, both being based on the the Titanium trim.

No SYNC3 and/or 6 airbags on a Ford automatic below the Ecosport T+ AT.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 11:01   #172
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw this Figo Blu last night in Gurgaon.

The black bits are neatly done, looks great on a white car !
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-figo-blu-1.png  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-figo-blu-2.png  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-figo-blu-3.png  

//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 11:24   #173
BHPian

Would have loved to see the New FIGO AT pictures, unfortunately no detailed reviews yet and neither a demo car is available for test drive. Yesterday dealer called and offered to test drive the Aspire and I politely declined.
Old 20th March 2019, 11:27   #174
BHPian

Bought a Freestyle just last month, and was already ruing missing the 1.5 petrol. Thankfully, it is only available in AT and I am stuck on MT.

However, this Figo does offer a nice product range in the Ford showroom. Most people walk in to check out the ecosport, and are then gently guided towards Aspire and Freestyle, based on budget limitations.

I think the Figo will draw an audience who will be gently guided towards the Freestyle based on budget.

In terms of the diesel car, the Freestyle does make a better offering than the Figo for those who can stretch a bit.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th March 2019 at 17:13. Reason: typo
Old 20th March 2019, 12:05   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Yesterday dealer called and offered to test drive the Aspire and I politely declined.

Why not TD Aspire AT if they have one? You'll atleast get a hang on the gearbox & engine combo. If you like Aspire AT, you'll like Figo AT most likely too. You can wait and take a Figo AT TD later once the car is available.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 13:35   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Why not TD Aspire AT if they have one? You'll atleast get a hang on the gearbox & engine combo. If you like Aspire AT, you'll like Figo AT most likely too. You can wait and take a Figo AT TD later once the car is available.
True but I just wanted to assess the real car directly(holistically) instead of driving Aspire and then Figo
Old 20th March 2019, 13:56   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
want a hatch.relatively easier to park and drive. zoom in city . any clue on 'Kitna deti hai' figures? Now for me it's a choice between GT TSI which's expensive vs Figo AT. GT TSI delivers a FE of 9-10 I guess. Probably Figo will be in that range
If you're looking at the petrol option, it'll be worth finding out if the new Figo too comes with that huge 150 CC AC compressor that older figos used to come with. At least, I have the 2011-2013 time period in mind after which i lived in the US and lost touch with the Indian market... Back then, all of Figo's competing hatchbacks used to have a 30 CC compressor at most and while the Figo's AC was so much better, it came at the cost of fuel efficiency. The petrol Figo's sales took a hit due to its poor fuel efficiency I believe; I don't understand why the diesel Figo's FE didn't take a hit despite the relatively huge compressor.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 14:24   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
If you're looking at the petrol option, it'll be worth finding out if the new Figo too comes with that huge 150 CC AC compressor that older figos used to come with.
what's the best way to get such technical info? I don't think the sales exec will have this information
Old 20th March 2019, 14:43   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
what's the best way to get such technical info? I don't think the sales exec will have this information
I think I got that from a Team BHP review or an individual mention from someone here at a time when I wasn't even a member. And that single fact has remained etched in my memory; a hatchback has an AC compressor that's the same engine size as most commuter motorcycles/scooters in India?

Edit:
One of these links here must be where I remember this fact from:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post2521857 (Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010))
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post1951291 (The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post2297154 (Best Air Conditioning Segment wise)

Last edited by locusjag : 20th March 2019 at 14:47. Reason: Added old links for reference
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 14:59   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I think I got that from a Team BHP review or an individual mention from someone here at a time when I wasn't even a member. And that single fact has remained etched in my memory; a hatchback has an AC compressor that's the same engine size as most commuter motorcycles/scooters in India?
Wow! No wonder my ikon still cools the cabin so well despite not a single AC maintenance done in last 13 years!

Anyway, will check this aspect during test drive.
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed