Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2019, 10:46   #181
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Nearly two weeks after launch, most showrooms are still unsure of availability.

I enquired for the Figo AT, made it clear I'm not window shopping and would be willing to confirm immediate purchase if I'm satisfied after a TD.

The AT apparently won't be available for 2-3 months, and I can have any colour as long as it's white.

Ford, why bother launching cars you have no interest in selling?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 11:13   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Indeed, this is unbelievable. Am in the same situation. Had targeted mid-april to buy but can't believe that this is the situation with AT!
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 11:36   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nearly two weeks after launch, most showrooms are still unsure of availability.

I enquired for the Figo AT, made it clear I'm not window shopping and would be willing to confirm immediate purchase if I'm satisfied after a TD.

The AT apparently won't be available for 2-3 months, and I can have any colour as long as it's white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Indeed, this is unbelievable. Am in the same situation. Had targeted mid-april to buy but can't believe that this is the situation with AT!
Add me to the list. The SA was clueless about AT test car availability. I was offered test drive of Aspire AT instead stating its the same car which isn't entirely wrong. So went ahead and scheduled one for today evening, hopefully will get to have a good hands-on experience with the 1.5AT

P.S: Bangalore OTR seems to be around 9.8L . I so wish Ford mated the 1.2 dragon to the TC box and plonked it in the Aspire,Figo and Freestyle . That would have got the prices down and would have given them much better numbers(combined) than this 1.5AT

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th March 2019 at 11:37.
Old 26th March 2019, 12:06   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
...Bangalore OTR seems to be around 9.8L...
Pricing is atrocious, only thing worse is Ford's attitude.

Fully-loaded Freestyle (SYNC3, 6 airbags, TCS/HLA/ARP, larger alloys, extra USB port) is the same price for TDCi and a lac+ cheaper for the 1.2 petrol. Better half asked me whether I'm willing to compromise everything else (including color choices) just for the power-train, for a car with unknown availability. I had no answer.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 18:03   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Better half asked me whether I'm willing to compromise everything else (including color choices) just for the power-train, for a car with unknown availability. I had no answer.
Did you test drive the Aspire AT? Do it and then probably you would have an answer

Since Figo AT test car ain't available, test drove the Aspire AT now. Phew!!! Mad mad car. The pull is awesome. Whole 30 mins I had a grin plastered on my face. Tried in b2b traffic and open road as well. The TC box combo with the 1.5L is beautifully done. It was so much fun to just dig the pedal at every slight chance. On Figo this would be just 'Mental'. Infact now I realise, I didn't even bother to check out other features in the car as I was so happy belting it

After test driving both grand i10 and aspire AT I feel if the former with that 4 speed automatic is 7L ex-showroom, Figo AT at 8L is actually better VFM. Time to start haggling for discounts which I know would be tough since it's a brand new car. Have Jazz CVT test drive scheduled for tomorrow, let's see how the CVT performs with the paddle shifters.

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th March 2019 at 18:18.
SoumenD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 13:05   #186
Team-BHP Support

New commercial for the Figo released -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 20:33   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did you test drive the Aspire AT?
That's the plan, TD scheduled for this weekend. I'm willing to sacrifice gizmos for the drive, and the better half is actually keen on an AT herself so we're in sync there.

If things go south and Ford absolutely refuses to supply Figo ATs and I'm forced to consider manual options, it's JTP twins for Petrol and Freestyle for the oil-burner. Hopefully won't come to it.

P.S. Which dealer did you TD at? I tried JSP in JP Nagar, no go. Spoke to Cauvery Ford Magadi Road who've offered an Aspire AT for TD. Also mentioned I'm only the second AT inquiry they've got since launch.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th March 2019 at 20:34.
Old 27th March 2019, 21:28   #188
BHPian

Quote:
That's the plan, TD scheduled for this weekend.
Please do share your experience in detail - I shall be looking forward to it and will greatly appreciate it.

The combo is described as adequate on the EcoSport in three official review. Your experience with the Aspire should give an idea of whether or not it's going to be as much of a cracker in the Figo as you'd expect with the on paper numbers.

I think with 123bhp, it goes past the Tiago JTP in power to weight ratio, behind only the ever-enticing Abarth Punto.

Even if they don't offer it with the "S" UK-spec suspension this time 'round, a 1.5L 3 cylinder Dragon TC AT with Sync 3 and 6 airbags will still end my search. Which they won't offer, I suppose.

So your review might not matter to me practically, but I'll still be waiting eagerly.
Old 27th March 2019, 21:58   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If things go south and Ford absolutely refuses to supply Figo ATs .

P.S. Which dealer did you TD at? I tried JSP in JP Nagar, no go. Spoke to Cauvery Ford Magadi Road who've offered an Aspire AT for TD. Also mentioned I'm only the second AT inquiry they've got since launch.
Ford never refused to supply the Figo AT if you buy it, only TD cars aren't available. Go to JSP Hosur road branch. I just had to make a call in the morning and by afternoon 4:30PM the Aspire AT was in my apartment waiting to be belted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post

The combo is described as adequate on the EcoSport in three official review. Your experience with the Aspire should give an idea of whether or not it's going to be as much of a cracker in the Figo as you'd expect with the on paper numbers.
Didn't test drive it on EcoSport yet but it's a heavy car and probably that's why it was just adequate. But aspire is way lighter and Figo more so. I just hope they get the AT car(Figo) before I am done decision making and if it's better than Aspire AT probably will end up being my next car. Hate the chrome overdose though, hope they help swapping the grill to the blue's one.

P.S: Test drove the Jazz CVT today. And now my confusion starts. Heart says Figo for the FTD nature, mind says Jazz for the practicality. Though after test driving some 4 cars over last couple of weeks one thing is for sure, I can't live with AMTs.

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th March 2019 at 22:07.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 22:52   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Please do share your experience in detail....
Will do.

Quote:
Even if they don't offer it with the "S" UK-spec suspension this time 'round, a 1.5L 3 cylinder Dragon TC AT with Sync 3 and 6 airbags will still end my search. Which they won't offer, I suppose.
Goes back to the better half's question. If the power-train impresses me enough, I may sacrifice the kit, reluctantly. Ford could've easily offered a fully-specced version for about 50-70k more. A fully loaded Figo AT for about 10.5L? I know I'd swallow the pill and pay up. There just aren't viable options in that budget range.

Quote:
Ford never refused to supply the Figo AT if you buy it
JSP and Cauvery both said it would take 2-3 months to deliver post-booking, and color choices will probably be non-existent. If you and I both end up deciding on Figo, how about ordering together? Two orders may get a bit more priority than individual ones, possibly a better deal too.

Quote:
help swapping the grill to the blue's one.
Grill and better shoes are the first items on my swap list.

Quote:
...I can't live with AMTs.
No AMT or CVT for me. Either a proper TC or I'll go full manual.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th March 2019 at 22:57.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 04:50   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JSP and Cauvery both said it would take 2-3 months to deliver post-booking, and color choices will probably be non-existent. If you and I both end up deciding on Figo, how about ordering together? Two orders may get a bit more priority than individual ones, possibly a better deal too.
Actually I am not in a hurry. My parents come down next month last week. Post that I will have another round of detailed test drives and only then decide. When are you expecting delivery? Let's connect over PM

Quote:
No AMT or CVT for me. Either a proper TC or I'll go full manual.
My current shortlist includes Figo TC and Jazz CVT. Maybe due to my relative lack of experience with ATs, but I found the Jazz CVT with paddle shifters liveable. Unfortunately I have only one parking space and hence practicality of Jazz in terms of interior quality and space makes a strong case. Only other 10L AT car left to test drive is the Polo GT, did you check that out or are you sceptical about VW dsg box like me?

Last edited by SoumenD : 28th March 2019 at 05:17.
Old 28th March 2019, 05:23   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can't live with AMTs.
I would not bother. AMT's will never be as smooth or reliable as a CVT, TC or even a Twin Clutch Unit. Hyundai seems to pulled of an ace with the electric actuators. It is still not a seamless transition from gear to gear. I don't think the technology permits it to be as smooth.

If by practicality, you mean, those rear seats will be occupied by adults, you can pretty much rule out the VW Polo GT. You are better off with a Figo. The Jazz, no doubt, aces all of them for practicality.
Old 28th March 2019, 08:07   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... Polo GT, did you check that out or are you sceptical about VW dsg box like me?
Good car with rather poor brakes, not Creta bad at highway speeds but still not confidence inspiring, and I gathered it wouldn't work to drive with crossed fingers all the time.

Rear space is almost non-existent, and it would stretch budgets too. Too many nays and a few yays, chalked off the list.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th March 2019 at 08:09.
Old 28th March 2019, 20:54   #194
Senior - BHPian

Called up the Ford showrooms again today about the Figo AT. Similar responses here too in Calcutta. Could make out the frustration of the sales people when thy realised that an almost certain sale was slipping away.

Re. Fords not really wanting to sell the Figo AT - wondering if the Figo AT had really bad fuel consumption figures, and Ford does not want all Figos to be labelled gas guzzlers. What are the corresponding figures for the EcoSport and the Aspire?

I think I'll go for the Ignis MT.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 29th March 2019, 12:13   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post

Re. Fords not really wanting to sell the Figo AT - wondering if the Figo AT had really bad fuel consumption figures, and Ford does not want all Figos to be labelled gas guzzlers. What are the corresponding figures for the EcoSport and the Aspire?
The ARAI figure for the Ecosport AT is 14.8 kmpl and that for the Aspire AT is 16.3 kmpl. For the Figo it should be marginally better. You can expect around 11 kmpl in practical conditions.
nikipedia87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks