Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2019, 12:24   #211
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Here's a short assessment:
Firstly, thanks for sharing such a crisp and comprehensive assessment with appropriate references to competitors and most importantly, the older Figo and old Figo S.

Secondly, some residual questions:

1. Any improvement over the previous Figo's steering? Is it even a patch on the oldest one? Or is it still dead on centre and not heavy enough (as with the S)?

2. Could you elaborate a little on missing features? Lumbar and telescopic steering adjust are things I could live with (and aren't exactly big misses at this price point), but a single USB port is a real bummer. I mean, sure, the infuriating and inexplicable lack of SYNC3 is a deal breaker, and average audio is a shocker, but what is it missing (as opposed to doing badly)? Or do you mean compared to the feature-champion i20 Elite?
Also, is there a 12V socket up-front? (sorry for being lazy, I know I can easily look it up).

3. How would you compare the FTD factor (wrt dynamics and steering feel) between the Freestyle and the new Figo? If there's no S on the Figo, how much does one really stand to lose out on FTD by going with the taller-riding Freestyle? I understand there'll be some allowances to made for your impressions since you drove the Aspire and not the Figo (less nimble and more planted, I imagine given the boot), but I think there's valuable input on offer here.

It seems like the A/T behaves like you'd expect any good modernised old-school TC (pardon the oxymoron) to work. And given the chassis set-up, it makes no sense to go for the punchy diesel manual for me - I would certainly like my second car to stay a petrol, but that diesel will be a hoot to drive in such a small car - but why should I compromise convenience for FTD when the chassis doesn't hold up?

So, the best thing would be - if a petrol top-end Freestyle A/T were to start existing. More practical with its higher GC, and SYNC3. And a Figo S with 6 airbags and a nice steering would be the choice for me in the Diesel. Back to drooling over the Abarth Punto and tepidly daring myself to go for it for me, then...

Lastly, are you any closer to making peace with an infuriating compromise yourself sir?
Old 9th April 2019, 15:02   #212
BANNED

Pardon me, but no clue who is pricing at Ford.

Within a month of the launch, the base pricing has gone up and the Titanium pricing has been reduced.

I doubt, any other manufacturer has had more pricing revisions than what Ford has done in the past few years.
Old 9th April 2019, 16:57   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post

Some residual questions:

1. Any improvement over the previous Figo's steering? Is it even a patch on the oldest one? Or is it still dead on centre and not heavy enough (as with the S)?
Let me put it this way: Ford's current-gen EPS is a decent unit on its own, but no comparison to the erstwhile HPS (reference point: we have a first-gen Figo at home) or the unit on the Punto/Linea. One just doesn't get that 'I know exactly what the front wheels are upto' feeling. To be fair, that's probably true for most cars these days. Ford's EPS is still considerably better that anything else in that budget range.

Quote:
2. Could you elaborate a little on missing features?
There's a 12V socket upfront, single USB port flanked by an AUX-IN. Audio is average, BT pairing is slower than SYNC3, my Android wasn't recognized when connected via cable at all.

Lumbar support is easily fixable with aftermarket accessories, but I love telescopic steering to get that perfect driving position. With only tilt-adjust, I have to compromise on either steering position w.r.t. dash, leg space to ABC pedals or steering column closeness to body. Not a deal-breaker but I'm finicky about it. Front has ample storage spots, but there are nearly none in the back. The parcel tray hooks are flimsy (they aren't actually hooks, just molded extensions of the tray itself) and will probably be the first bits to break/rattle on the car.

Steering tilt-adjustment is not smooth, feels like it will break every time I used it.

No dead-pedal in the footwell, which isn't spacious to begin with. Long-legged sapiens would probably fade their left denim leg where the outside left knee keeps rubbing the center console, unless their driving position is really laid back.

ICE sucks. I wouldn't mind missing Android Auto/ Apple Carplay (it's missing in the JTP twins too but the amazing sound quality for the price makes you overlook it). This one just sucks, six ways to Saturday and twice Sundays.

Instrumentation is functional, but if you walk into this car straight after being in, say, a Baleno, you'd feel like a time-traveler.

I love black interiors, but Ford has chosen both materials and textures poorly. Drab, is the word. Tata, on the other hand, have nailed it. Even the budget Tiago feels really nice inside.

There's no audio mute button (or I couldn't find one easily, so an ergonomic disaster nonetheless).

Kudos where it's due, both sun-visors have vanity mirrors!

Quote:
3. How would you compare the FTD factor (wrt dynamics and steering feel) between the Freestyle and the new Figo?
I have since driven the Freestyle too (long city + highway TD), and believe it or not, it's far more planted, agile and FTD than Figo/Aspire. I can only assume it's suspension geometry at work (stiffer springs and beefier roll bars), because common sense would suggest taller car equates to worse dynamics. Not so, Freestyle is the fun one amongst the three!

Quote:
If there's no S on the Figo, how much does one really stand to lose out on FTD by going with the taller-riding Freestyle?
Assuming there's no 'S' on offer, Freestyle is the FTD choice. Surprising but true.

Quote:
It seems like the A/T behaves like you'd expect any good modernised old-school TC (pardon the oxymoron) to work. And given the chassis set-up
Lovely powertain (for the price), lousy chassis to pair it with. The Aspire was a bit floaty (felt like a Maruti when not loaded at the back), so I'm assuming it won't be much fun on twisties, unless one tweaks some stock suspension bits. Figo would be worse. Soft-ish suspension, 14-inch wheels + 175 patch tires (except Blu that get 195 patch on 15-inchers but same suspension), it's not a real Figo. I'd know, I've got the real one. This one feels like an impostor by comparison, like the Estilo was to the Zen badge.

My favorite imaginary Ford hatch in India is a 1.6 Duratec first-gen Figo. I should probably talk to frankmehta about an engine swap!

Quote:
So, the best thing would be - if a petrol top-end Freestyle A/T were to start existing. More practical with its higher GC, and SYNC3.
Ditto.

Quote:
...are you any closer to making peace with an infuriating compromise yourself sir?
Still evaluating options (JTP twins, infuriating pre-sales), and heavily conflicted if I want to live with an MT, but have booked a Freestyle T+ TDCi in black for the time being.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th April 2019 at 17:18. Reason: Added some points
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 11:36   #214

Finally after after skimming through the vast info available on this forum I today thought of writing my debut post to inform my arrival to fellow Teambhpians. I would be honored to thank the moderators for accepting my membership and allowing me to be part of this elite group. I am in process of selling the current gen Figo and book the all new Facelift Figo Diesel (Titanium). I would like to know how it the Blu trim comes with a Figo S suspension setup. I really wanted to own the Figo S only to realize that Ford has stopped manufacturing it in March 18.

First if all I would be honored to thank the moderators for accepting my membership and allowing me to be part of this elite group. That APPROVED email just gave me goosebumps this morning. Can someone confirm if the Figo blue trim comes with a Figo S suspension setup?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th April 2019 at 12:45.
Old 13th April 2019, 12:50   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figo'dd View Post
First if all I would be honored to thank the moderators for accepting my membership and allowing me to be part of this elite group. That APPROVED email just gave me goosebumps this morning. Can someone confirm if the Figo blue trim comes with a Figo S suspension setup?
Please use your introduction for these things man. It's
Also, you literally just thanked moderators in your post above. What's the point with such redundancy?

And if you bothered to read before posting blindly, the lack of S suspension in the facelift has been discussed extensively before. It has also been mentioned by the useless auto rags.

Also, owner of the original Figo and distinguished BHPian Chetan Rao has already given a hugely informative comparison between the original Figo and the new one. That should be relevant to you, I hope.

What's the point of over-hyping perceived and intangible "elitness" if you're going to dilute it by completely disregarding rules anyway?
Mu009 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 12:53   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figo'dd View Post
...if the Figo blue trim comes with a Figo S suspension setup?
No official confirmation from Ford either way, but it appears the Blu is only cosmetically different from the Titanium (T-BHP review will confirm specifics). Does have larger 15-inch wheels with 195 section tires so better handling than the Titanium that gets 175 section tires on 14-inch wheels, but it's no S.

If you're willing to stretch budgets a bit and don't mind the form factor, the Freestyle Titanium+ TDCi is better equipped for about 50k more, and the suspension setup is a lot more driving oriented too.

Do confirm color/variant availability though, has been an issue with Ford recently in my pre-purchase experience.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th April 2019 at 12:57.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 11:41   #217
BHPian

The specs shows that the Figo new facelift (1026 kgs) is heavier than the Figo facelift(977) by around 50 kgs. It's almost as heavy as the freestyle and the older Figo. This is the petrol version that I am talking about.

This seems abnormal considering that cars generally lose weight with each upgrade. Is it possible that the new 3 cylinder engine is much heavier than the four cylinder engine that it replaces.? What else can explain this huge difference in weight?
Old 15th April 2019, 17:35   #218
BHPian

Quote:

My favorite imaginary Ford hatch in India is a 1.6 Duratec first-gen Figo. I should probably talk to frankmehta about an engine swap!
I have had this exact thought!! Additionally.. swapping the 1.5 TDCi into the old Figo might be another beast-swap to ponder.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4563033

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4563046
Turrrb0 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 12:56   #219
Team-BHP Support

Giggle for the Day:

Ford has revised the 1.5 AT's price to 7.69L ex-showroom Bangalore (launch price 8.09L), according to a brochure received this morning from a Bangalore dealer.

Now if they could actually manufacture a few.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 13:34   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
The specs shows that the Figo new facelift (1026 kgs) is heavier than the Figo facelift(977) by around 50 kgs.
Additional sheet metal & chassis reinforcements to meet the impending crash norms. Also the engine may not be significantly lighter, as the weight of balancer shaft and its associated peripherals may bridge the gap with that older engine.
arjab is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 23:08   #221
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo price slashed by Rs 39k within 40 days since launch

https://www.rushlane.com/ford-figo-p...-12305453.html
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigopriceslashedlowsales.jpg  

mukeshgoel is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 00:28   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Giggle for the Day:

Ford has revised the 1.5 AT's price to 7.69L ex-showroom Bangalore (launch price 8.09L), according to a brochure received this morning from a Bangalore dealer.

Now if they could actually manufacture a few.
Hey what happened to your plans for this one? I had to drop it off for need of better rear seat space and apple carplay (requirements of better half) . Plus Ford's recent move on giving control to Mahindra didn't instill much confidence anymore.

At 7.7L ex-showroom (new price) the 1.5 AT is a steal for sure if used as a second car
Old 22nd April 2019, 08:48   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Hey what happened to your plans for this one?...
Stayed in my imagination, as they were.

Two dealers refused to take a booking outright, third quoted waiting period of 3-4 months (as of last Friday), subject to change, without any conviction there will actually be a car at the end of it. He was already trying to cross-sell available stock aggressively.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd April 2019 at 09:01.
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:22   #224
BHPian

PPS Ford told me book now and wait for 6 months for the Figo AT. I think PPS is being more truthful here than the 2 other dealers.

Ford Email support, chat support, FB, Twitter accounts stone wall you with "Dealer has information Sir" and Dealer pays back in the same coin

In Bangalore, PPS sold about 15 AT Figo's last year and they still have a Red DSG Figo A/T in stock which they tried to push over to me.

OTOH Figo (known as Ford Ka in Europe) stopped selling there, which was made in India by Ford and exported. So if capacity is opened up, i don't know why Ford India isn't churning out a decent amount of AT vehicles.

Can't really think of a Shut up and take my money kinda happiness situation with Ford India for sure. There's no guarantee I'll have a set of new wheels with Ford India's marketing not playing ball with dealers.

Last edited by Ford5 : 22nd April 2019 at 10:25.
Ford5 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:29   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
In Bangalore, PPS sold about 15 AT Figo's last year and they still have a Red DSG Figo A/T in stock which they tried to push over to me.
Off topic,

1.5L 4 cylinder 6 Speed DCT is a great option, if the said car is untouched & gathering dust in their stock yard.

The main highlight would be their willingness to offer discount to get this car sold. Good discount along with 5 years warranty as free gift won't be a bad deal I wonder.
NaXal is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks