Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th March 2019, 16:05   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Diesel is priced well, Petrol could have been cheaper by about 20-30K, making cheaper entry price than competition. Also biggest miss to me is unavailability of Trend, the difference between Ambiente and Titanium is nearly 1.25 lacs which translates to 1.5 lacs on road. A person with a budget of 6-7 lacs is going to give Figo a miss!

Last edited by PrideRed : 15th March 2019 at 16:07.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 16:13   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Indeed. Even the AT is only Rs. 24k more than the Swift ZXI+ AMT. For that price, you get a bigger and more powerful engine, mated to a better transmission.
Look at the AT being priced long forward from the next below model, which suggests that they are (over?) ambitious and confident. So is the case with Polo GT TSi but it boasts best-in-class build quality and gearbox.

Curious how the market picks up on the Figo AT as the AT is a Titanium variant with fewer airbags and couple of features less.

Yet they have kept the lowest model way lower than the middle models, as is the trend with other cars.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 16:29   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Look at the AT being priced long forward from the next below model, which suggests that they are (over?) ambitious and confident.
That's because it comes with a 1.5L engine and hence, it doesn't qualify for the duty exemptions meant for a regular sub-4 meter car. Even the Aspire AT is priced much above the Titanium+ manual.

OT: I guess this is one of the reasons (apart from cannibalization of the City) why Honda doesn't offer the 1.5L CVT on the WRV, as it is already quite expensive in its 1.2L manual guise itself.
nikipedia87 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 16:44   #124
BHPian

Brilliant pricing !! All 3 engines are segment best, the AT is an torque converter and the Blu has got S spec suspension, steering. What else can one want at the price point of an grand i10?
The AT with same engine and gearbox as the EcoSport and a much lighter bodyweight is just marginally pricier than lousy Swift 1.3 AMT. It's a proper automatic for everybody, the Figo AT.
itsashishsharma is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 18:01   #125
BHPian

Sadly, no Trend and/or Trend plus variant. Titanium Petrol will easily cross 7 lacs on road. Only if they could have a mid variant with little lesser goodies whose on road price could be kept within 7 lacs, it would have been a steal deal for a smart hatch. Ford, I urge you not to lose this opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
This means they don't have any infotainment on the base variant. I seriously hope they price the titanium variant really well to make it a steal deal. I've known Fords to have good vfm mid variants (earlier fiestas, figo and previous and current aspire and ecosport) and this doesn't have any. Figo could have a Trend plus sort of variant with at least a basic infotainment system, no push button start, body colored door handles and orvm, adjustable rear headrests, and the standard floppy key central lock without the need of a start stop button gimmick. Would have made a great VFM product/variant
PrasunBannerjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 18:23   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Is the AT with paddle shifters and sport mode or without paddles? Sorry, couldn't get this info anywhere and hence the question.
No paddle shifter. Not sure about the S mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
...and the Blu has got S spec suspension, steering.
It does? I was of the thought that it is just 15 inch wheels with 195 tyres and similar alloys as the old Figo S.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 20:24   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
... the Blu has got S spec suspension, steering...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
It does? I was of the thought that it is just 15 inch wheels with 195 tyres and similar alloys as the old Figo S.

Though initially I had tips about the S spec suspension on Blu, I also now hear its not! I'll wait for team-bhp review (or some other reviews) for a confirmation. If its not, its a lost opportunity for Ford.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 21:09   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If its not, its a lost opportunity for Ford.
Maybe not. They probably will launch the Figo-S later. This way they can stay in the news.

The real lost opportunities are:
1) Blu (Titanium+) AT
2) AT with the 1.2 engine. This would bought the entry price for AT to a much lower point.

Last edited by samaspire : 15th March 2019 at 21:12.
samaspire is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 21:17   #129
BHPian

Why was pre-facelift Figo more expensive than Aspire & Freestyle?
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-screenshot_20190315004500.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-screenshot_20190315004439.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-screenshot_20190315004737.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 22:00   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Though initially I had tips about the S spec suspension on Blu, I also now hear its not! I'll wait for team-bhp review (or some other reviews) for a confirmation. If its not, its a lost opportunity for Ford.

I was hanging desperately on to this last thread of hope - your steadfastness in the unimpeachable nature of your source.
Damn! Damn! Damn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Maybe not. They probably will launch the Figo-S later. This way they can stay in the news.
Fingers crossed.
Quote:
The real lost opportunities are:
1) Blu (Titanium+) AT
2) AT with the 1.2 engine. This would bought the entry price for AT to a much lower point.
Agreed. I don't know what issue the bean counters have with top end ATs (and with providing a reasonable wealth of options in general) for our market.

Last edited by Mu009 : 15th March 2019 at 22:03. Reason: Added some stuff.
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 22:39   #131
BHPian

The Figo and the Aspire are attractive cars. I won't comment on the pricing as I have not really thought about it. Suffice it to say, I think all cars today cost atrocious amounts of cash. I mean for the tiny tin cans with tiny engines that we get in India which carry no respectable safety rating and which are devoid of at least of the features in other geographies, I think we pay through our nose.

That said, I will say that it is extremely disappointing that we don't have good petrol engines that are enthusiast-worthy. What would it take to get a well-balanced 4 pot unit that is say 1.5 litres? Even better if said engine is a turbo. Then we'd have a car worth talking about.
mohansrides is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 23:02   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
...I don't know what issue the bean counters have with top end ATs (and with providing a reasonable wealth of options in general) for our market.
For the Figo, there isn't even that big a difference kit-wise to justify a price argument. There should at least have been a 6 airbag option like the pre-facelift model had at launch.

Extra airbags, larger alloys, auto headlamps/wipers and steering wrap are literally the difference between Titanium & Blu, per the brochure. How much could it possibly cost?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th March 2019 at 23:05.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 23:24   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
They may end up selling none of them in good numbers.
So true! If customers choose a Freestyle AT over an Ecosport, or a feature-rich Figo over a Freestyle, they'd still be buying a Ford. Instead, this strategy is pushing such prospective buyers to competitors (or, in my case, holdnig on to older models longer)
Punatic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 01:30   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punatic View Post
Instead, this strategy is pushing such prospective buyers to competitors (or, in my case, holdnig on to older models longer)
True!

Our Figo 1.2 is turning 9 years next month.

Was keen on New Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium+. That light colored interior was a big turn off. Hence skipped.

Then Freestyle TDCi Titanium+. Can't live with that brown dashboard and 14 Inch wheels. Yes there is ample grip, but when you pay so-much money 15 Inch wheels adds value.

Then waited for New Figo TDCi Titanium+. But Ford hit the final nail by skipping Sync 3 Touchscreen with Android Auto. Otherwise it has everything I want.

I am very particular about what I want. In the above three cases I was not at all interested in DRLS, Projectors, LEDs, Auto Headlamps, Auto Wipers, etc. But cannot leave Sync 3 system. Even if Sync 3 was optional and if charged 25K to 35K I would have gone for Figo TDCi.

My requirement for next Figo/Aspire TDCi was simple. All black interiors, 6 Airbags, Sync 3 with Android Auto system, Reverse camera and 15 Inch wheels.

But Ford India
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 09:15   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
For the Figo, there isn't even that big a difference kit-wise to justify a price argument. There should at least have been a 6 airbag option like the pre-facelift model had at launch.

Extra airbags, larger alloys, auto headlamps/wipers and steering wrap are literally the difference between Titanium & Blu, per the brochure. How much could it possibly cost?
Going by the price difference between 1.5D Titanium and 1.5D Titanium (Blu) (makes me want to vomit, this variant nomenclature) - 55k. Go figure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
But Ford hit the final nail by skipping Sync 3 Touchscreen with Android Auto. Otherwise it has everything I want.
What have they given on that 7 inch touchscreen on the Titanium twins then?

Last edited by Mu009 : 16th March 2019 at 09:23. Reason: Added some stuff.
Mu009 is offline   Reply With Quote