Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2018, 11:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Mod Note: Our Figo Facelift Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Thanks to Bhushit Dave for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-image3.jpeg

Earlier this year, Ford launched the Aspire. Now, the Figo facelift has been spotted in India with similar updates.

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-image2.jpeg

Spy images suggest that the updated Figo is likely to receive a similar grille and bumpers with black inserts as the Aspire. The test vehicle is equipped with a set of revised headlamps, front fog lamps and is riding on black alloy wheels. One of the test cars has decals on the sides and tail gate with a 'Blu' moniker, which could be a suffix for the facelift or the CNG variant.

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-image1.jpeg

The Figo facelift is also expected to get updated interiors with a new dashboard and centre console similar to the new Aspire and Freestyle.

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-image4.jpeg

The Figo facelift could be offered with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder Dragon Series petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Spy images indicate that a CNG variant is also in the works.

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-image5.jpeg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 5th June 2019 at 11:35.
TusharK is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 13:46   #2
BHPian

re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Finally some news. Have been waiting for the Figo facelift ever since Freestyle was announced (the brown interiors didn't sway me). First thought on reading this news was - Shut up and take my money!
vkrmchauhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 14:08   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Thanks to Bhushit Dave for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Attachment 1828675

Link to Team-BHP News
Am I the only one to find the rear bumper of this facelift horrible looking? Ford has done something similar to what Hyundai did to Grand i10's bumper. Also, no LEDs for either head or taillamp, and no projectors either! Seriously Ford?
Simat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 14:36   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simat View Post
Am I the only one to find the rear bumper of this facelift horrible looking? ...
Me too feels the rear bumper is a bit too thick, as in the Freestyle. Or is it just that we are so used to the flimsy bumpers in the market that a proper one looks gaudy?!
2cents is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 14:43   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Me too feels the rear bumper is a bit too thick, as in the Freestyle. Or is it just that we are so used to the flimsy bumpers in the market that a proper one looks gaudy?!
I am not talking about the thickness of the bumper. I agree bumpers should be thick to give sufficient protection. It is the black cladding that I am talking about, which looks out of place. It only suits Freestyle and not the Figo twins IMO.
Simat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 14:49   #6
BHPian

Thank you for sharing! I just love the way the new grill on the Aspire looks. Hopefully, they are going to bring a similar one to the Figo as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
black alloy wheels
Is that a 15" wheel? Not sure if it is due to the lighting, but doesn't it look a bit too low profile for a small hatch?

Anyway, it fits the wheel well pretty nicely so glad to see some good rubber on these cars right from the factory itself.
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 15:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post

Is that a 15" wheel? Not sure if it is due to the lighting, but doesn't it look a bit too low profile for a small hatch?

Anyway, it fits the wheel well pretty nicely so glad to see some good rubber on these cars right from the factory itself.
It looks like 195/55 15, the same as the new Aspire and probably should come on the top variants on the Figo as well.
tharian is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 15:32   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post

It is definitely 15'' wheel, 195/55/R15 to be specific. Please find the screenshot below taken from the 2nd pic.

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-figo-tyre-size.jpg
pavi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 16:10   #9
BHPian

After VW Polo, this is the only car which has a proper rear bumper. Kudos to Ford for incorporating this aspect.
gopalnt is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 19:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only one to be confused with this piece of news? How will Ford position the facelifted Figo? In the current line-up, with the Freestyle's super VFM price point, I am not sure the Figo even has a place. Unless Ford decides to shoot themselves in the foot and price it below the Freestyle. We all know how unforgiving the Indian market is to price drops. It kills the product!!

I will wait and watch.
KiloAlpha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 21:40   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
How will Ford position the facelifted Figo? In the current line-up, with the Freestyle's super VFM price point, I am not sure the Figo even has a place. Unless Ford decides to shoot themselves in the foot and price it below the Freestyle.
I had the exact same question and trying to reason, i looked up prices when launched earlier and now. Below is the list, along with my best guesstimate for the imminent launch(this will change if Aspire/Freestyle prices change next year):
  • Aspire 2015, base petrol 4.9, top petrol mt 7.24
  • Aspire 2018, base petrol 5.55, top petrol mt 7.24
  • Freestyle, base petrol 5.23, top petrol mt 7.03
  • Figo 2015, base petrol 4.3, top petrol mt 6.41 (risen today to 6.93)
  • Figo 2018, base petrol 5, top petrol mt 6.7
Mukund is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 21:42   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Am I the only one to be confused with this piece of news? How will Ford position the facelifted Figo? In the current line-up, with the Freestyle's super VFM price point, I am not sure the Figo even has a place.......

Perhaps they are placing their bets on `BLU', like it was the safety features with Freestyle. I am not sure if it really will be a case of `shooting their foot'. The new Aspire compares very well with Freestyle, in terms of pricing, variant to variant. They should be able to do better with Figo. One -ve point about the Figo/Freestyle is the shorter boot space. I wonder what the CNG kit will leave them with?!
2cents is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 07:06   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Perhaps they are placing their bets on `BLU', like it was the safety features with Freestyle.
BLU = CNG = Uber / Ola demand? Just a wild guess.

It costs nothing to Ford to keep the Figo on sale, so might as well extend the facelift to it too. Hope we see a sexy "S" variant on the facelift. As nice as the Freestyle is, I'd pick a Figo S over it.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 08:21   #14
BANNED

I test drove a Freestyle petrol very recently and everything was fine except the (comparatively) softer suspension at the rear. The rear of the car was bouncing with full load. It may not be an issue for everybody and you may find it completely ok. It was extremely worse while I drove a Ciaz for over 400 kms, I hated that drive so much that I was thinking ‘when will this damn drive end’ in the whole drive. It can be attributed to me living with a 4th generation Honda City for 4+ years whose ride is nitpicked by everybody, but is a fun machine at corners with upgraded 195 section Michelin tires. So as GTO mentioned, the Figo S with hard suspension makes more sense to me too as I know the speciality of those in corners. But yes I would have to agree that the Ciaz and Freestyle offers a better ride quality which is hell lot of better than my Honda City.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 08:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BLU = CNG = Uber / Ola demand? Just a wild guess.
The ubiquitous colour for CNG is green right? And a 'blu' moniker is associated with Diesel engines normally? A photo from the right side would have made this a bit easier to crack. I think there should be that CNG decal on the rear windshield if it was one.

Those alloys look great! And yes, the Figo Sports can definitely co-exist with the Freestyle. I will also pick the Sports over the other one on stilts. It's simply more desirable. With those black interiors, missing roof rails etc. adding to the charm. Wish it got that 1.5 Dragon though!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed