Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 18:20   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
... Plus Ford's recent move on giving control to Mahindra didn't instill much confidence anymore.
I don't think Ford has given Mahindra complete control. They both will share platforms & knowledge and will build their own brand of cars. Ford also will not share the sales / service points of Mahindra - but will stick to what they have.
Old 23rd April 2019, 09:41   #227
BHPian

Came across this on Ford's website, just check the location of Figo as per the map (it says Maruti Suzuki Competent Automobiles Company Limited, a Delhi based Maruti dealer). Attention to detail Ford!
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-picture1.png  

Last edited by scwagh : 23rd April 2019 at 09:43.
scwagh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 15:19   #228
Senior - BHPian

Ford continues to remain confused with their pricing ! An entry level diesel below 5.99 Lac should have been retained.

A lower state tax would have help them continue with additional volumes both in personal as well as commercial segments, which to some extent will be lost to competition as Ford has moved from 5.95 to 6.13 Lac pricing.

Something is not right at Ford India. Its karma at the end of the day !

Small diesel machines have limited days, Ford should have used this opportunity to sell as many copies as possible and extract more value in terms of profits from the old school SOHC diesel machine !
Old 29th April 2019, 18:42   #229
BANNED

Try reading between what Ford is conveying.

With the negligible pricing gap between the Ambiente and Titanium, the cost of factory fitted features in Titanium over the Ambiente is less than what you shall get in the after market, they do not want to sell and manufacture Ambiente.

I tried calling multiple dealers in NCR for the Ambiente, none had one.

So buy either the T or T+, as we shall manufacture those alone.
Torquedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 09:19   #230
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo Sports Edition : Official Review

My Figo diesel titanium moondust silver colour came home 3 days ago, extremely happy with its peppy diesel motor the fit and finish of the interior. took around 5 days for delivery from its booking. had a very nice experience from dealer and agent. looking forward to swapping with aspire stock wheels. bought it for my daily use. will be sharing my detailed review soon.
Attaching some photos of the car
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-20190426_181442.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-20190426_165708.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-20190426_165845.jpg  

joe_lightspeed is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 10:06   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post
My Figo diesel titanium moondust silver colour came home 3 days ago,
Congrats on the car. Its a good package, with a lovely engine as its USP. Though a lot of questions are being raised about the future of Ford in India, the TDCI motor is a reliable and relatively simple one to service and maintain in the long term.

Have they improved the build quality a bit with this version? I remember when I was car hunting late last year, the thing which put me off, apart from the bright beige interiors, was the light and tinny feel of the doors. Are they any heavier/ more solid as compared to the pre facelift version?
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 11:21   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats on the car. Its a good package, with a lovely engine as its USP. Though a lot of questions are being raised about the future of Ford in India, the TDCI motor is a reliable and relatively simple one to service and maintain in the long term.

Have they improved the build quality a bit with this version? I remember when I was car hunting late last year, the thing which put me off, apart from the bright beige interiors, was the light and tinny feel of the doors. Are they any heavier/ more solid as compared to the pre facelift version?
Thank you arindambasu13

Yes, they have improved the NVH level of the car as well with more insulations and damping. got to know about this from my dealer. doors are not much heavier like VW Polo, but it has got a solid build quality. They have improved the suspension part as well. As accessories, I bought sunblinds from ford, which looks very premium and costs around 4k for rear passenger doors and boot. and a spoiler to add some sporty appeal.

Interiors are finished in black and give a fresh feel when the retro looking infotainment system replaced with new Ford's FlyAudio Touchscreen. but it still misses android auto and apple car play.

moreover, I feel this is a value for money car for 7.8 lacks on road price.

attaching some photos of the interior.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-20190430_105649.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-20190430_105656.jpg  

joe_lightspeed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 17:42   #233

Quote:
Thank you arindambasu13

Yes, they have improved the NVH level of the car as well with more insulations and damping. got to know about this from my dealer. doors are not much heavier like VW Polo, but it has got a solid build quality. They have improved the suspension part as well. As accessories, I bought sunblinds from ford, which looks very premium and costs around 4k for rear passenger doors and boot. and a spoiler to add some sporty appeal.

Interiors are finished in black and give a fresh feel when the retro looking infotainment system replaced with new Ford's FlyAudio Touchscreen. but it still misses android auto and apple car play.

moreover, I feel this is a value for money car for 7.8 lacks on road price.

attaching some photos of the interior.
Congrats joe_lightspeed. You've bought yourself a very capable car.

I took delivery of my new Figo Diesel Titanium (Oxford White) on Friday and have driven 200 kms now. Do you any idea as to how to disable the Economy mode. This morning when I took my car for a spin, I noticed that the gear shift indicator blinking on the MID. I checked the Manual which says that the trip button needs to be pressed until you see ECONO mode, however I did not get that on the display.

Thanks,
Syed
Figo'dd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 08:02   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figo'dd View Post
Congrats joe_lightspeed. You've bought yourself a very capable car.

I took delivery of my new Figo Diesel Titanium (Oxford White) on Friday and have driven 200 kms now. Do you any idea as to how to disable the Economy mode. This morning when I took my car for a spin, I noticed that the gear shift indicator blinking on the MID. I checked the Manual which says that the trip button needs to be pressed until you see ECONO mode, however I did not get that on the display.

Thanks,
Syed
Thank you Figo'dd. and congrats and happy motoring. glad that we both took delivery of our cars on the same date.

Just noticed your post today, I've been busy for the past two days and not able to keep up with the posts here on team-bhp.

I guess the gearshift indicator is a functionality of the car, that does not mean you are riding on economy mode. for the pre-facelift model, where it had a mode called economy mode which can be turned on/off with the trip button. as they changed the MID of the facelifted version, they should have updated the user manual as well, I suppose.

Share some photos of your car, nice to meet you
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:25   #235
BHPian

Sharing some photos of the Figo Titanium Blu Oxford white and Moondust silver colour spotted at the dealership.

Titanium Blu costs 8.55 lacks on road, which is 75k more than the Titanium variant. where we get added features and few of my observations are listed below.
  • Fully blacked interior parts such as A, B&C pillars, roof.
  • Comes with 6 Airbags, thus it misses the roof grab handles for passengers.
  • 15" blacked out Aspire's alloy wheels with 195/55 R15 tyres.
  • Black decals with Blu badge.
  • Blacked out front grille and wing mirrors and roof.
  • blue coloured accents on front fog lamp and interior door panels.
  • blu badged front seats new upholstery. leather-wrapped steering wheel.
  • Auto dimming IRVM, rain-sensing wipers & automatic headlamps.

it feels more planted than the other variants since it has got wider tyres.
The Blu variant seems to be a throwback to old Figo S. but it does not get a reworked suspension and a rear spoiler from the Figo S.

Thanks,
Joseph.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-20190408_110317_hdr.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-20190408_110324_hdr.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-20190408_112641.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-20190408_112644.jpg  

joe_lightspeed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:46   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... Do you any idea as to how to disable the Economy mode. This morning when I took my car for a spin, I noticed that the gear shift indicator blinking on the MID...
There used to be a toggle on the MID for it. No longer present?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd May 2019 at 10:51.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:14   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
There used to be a toggle on the MID for it. No longer present?
Hi Chetan,

No, I could not see any toggle for the MID for the economy mode for the facelifted one. where we had one for the pre-facelift model after the distance to empty toggle. and ford hasn't updated anything yet in their owners manual about the economy mode.

Thanks,
Joseph
Old 2nd May 2019, 15:41   #238

Quote:
Hi Chetan,

No, I could not see any toggle for the MID for the economy mode for the facelifted one. where we had one for the pre-facelift model after the distance to empty toggle. and ford hasn't updated anything yet in their owners manual about the economy mode.

Thanks,
Joseph
Thanks joe! I shall post the pictures of the car shortly. I'm eagerly waiting for the official teambhp review for the figo facelift. I'm sure this dilemma around the economy mode will be covered. BTW how many kms have you clocked so far? Any niggles?

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2019 at 08:23. Reason: Too many typos in your post. Please use spell checker before posting
Figo'dd is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd May 2019, 16:21   #239
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Do you any idea as to how to disable the Economy mode. This morning when I took my car for a spin, I noticed that the gear shift indicator blinking on the MID. I checked the Manual which says that the trip button needs to be pressed until you see ECONO mode, however I did not get that on the display.

Thanks,
Syed

There's nothing major in the economy mode feature. It is merely a toggle for the gear shift indicator.

Last edited by A M : 2nd May 2019 at 16:22.
Old 2nd May 2019, 17:01   #240
BHPian

I'm guessing there's still no word on the automatic nor there is a review on it.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks