Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 11:26   #76

I agree with hrishig. I went for Getz 1.3 GLS @ 4.9 Lakh OTR ,as i found it to be more VFM than Swift Vxi @ 4.75 lakh OTR at Chennai

But this would hold good only if you are able to avail the exchange offer, which at 20k is the major discount. Otherwise it would be pricey and even the dealer agrees that GLX is prohibitively pricey.

After using it for a week and experiencing the various useful features, i am now convinced that i have made the right choice.
Old 8th August 2007, 11:50   #77
BHPian

Selective
"In the first place, Hyundai is pricing the car out of the roof and giving the discount of 40k to make it attractive?"

Yes I also have problem against it , check my previous posts in the same thread.

"CrAzY dRiVeR has listed both Swift and Getz ex showroom price in TVM."

Oops I missed that part . here goes my hope for swift for ZXI

coolspeed
"But this would hold good only if you are able to avail the exchange offer, which at 20k is the major discount."

No there is another option , if you can bring rc book of another hyundai car in the same family surname as new owner, you still can get that discount. ( Loyalty bonus )
Old 10th August 2007, 20:30   #78
BHPian

Check this out

http://www.autoindia.com/News/auto-news-india757.html ( Taken from another thread )

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Hyundai would also come up with an offering - the Hyundai PA, which might well be slotted between its Santro and Getz models. It may not get a different name, but apart from that, the car is nearly ready in all other aspects. A new version of the 1100cc, 4-cylinder petrol engine that powers the Santro has been planned. Moreover, it might also feature a 1100cc diesel with around 60 bhp power, which has been in use on Hyundai and Kia cars in South Korea. The pricing could range from Rs. 3.7 to 4.2 lakh for the petrol, and Rs. 4 to 4.5 lakh for the diesel.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 14th August 2007, 12:17   #79

Hi Guys,

I am eagerly waiting for Getz CRDI launch, As per the news from this forum i was expecting the car to be launched in 3rd quarter 2007, But till today there is no news of launch.

Yesterday I went to Advaith Hyundai in Bangalore to take the delivery of my Car (SANTRO), which i had given for servicing. And I had few words with the Manager regarding Getz CRDI.

He told me that the Getz CRDI will be launched only in next year (Jan 2008) beginning and It will not be 1.5 Diesel, as the same engine is already used in Verna. He told me that Accent engine is Single Cylinder and that is phased out by the Hyundai. Mostly the car will be launched with new 1.3L diesel engine and price will be bit on the higher side (approx. 6L ex-showroom)

Currently I am looking to buy a diesel car, but now looking at the time frame, engine spec and cost. I don't think it will be a VFM car.

What do you guys think, Is it really worth to wait for Getz CRDI?

Cheers
Old 14th August 2007, 13:56   #80
BHPian

Getz Diesel will be released only at the end of this year or early next year.
Check this URL ,
Moneycontrol India :: News :: Hyundai targets sales of 3.3 lakh units by year-end :: :: Business :: Hyundai Motor,Arvind Saxena,Getz,diesel,Indian Automobile Manufacturers,exports
–
“The target will be primarily achieved by expanding the dealer and service network and backed by the launch of forthcoming models such as Pa and Getz diesel variant by the end of this year. The new model (positioned between the Santro and Getz) will be first introduced, followed by the Getz diesel variant, said senior officials.”
–
So it may come early next year or in the last month of this year.
Old 15th August 2007, 18:21   #81

If Hyundai has to be inline with the market competition, they have to launch the Getz diesel asap. At the moment, i ve heard that the production of Swift diesel is slow due to some inherent problems which are getting rectified at the factory. Hence the delay
Old 15th August 2007, 21:08   #82
Senior - BHPian

In bangalore Getz GLS comes to 5.7 lakhs before discount. Hard to believe it is 4.9 lakhs after discount in chennai..
Old 15th August 2007, 21:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfade View Post

He told me that Accent engine is Single Cylinder and that is phased out by the Hyundai. Mostly the car will be launched with new 1.3L diesel engine and price will be bit on the higher side (approx. 6L ex-showroom)

Cheers
errr...dat is supposed to be three cylinder i think!!
Old 15th August 2007, 21:27   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
No doubt! Its a 3-cylinder engine!
Old 15th August 2007, 21:29   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfade View Post
He told me that the Getz CRDI will be launched only in next year (Jan 2008) beginning and It will not be 1.5 Diesel, as the same engine is already used in Verna. He told me that Accent engine is Single Cylinder and that is phased out by the Hyundai. Mostly the car will be launched with new 1.3L diesel engine and price will be bit on the higher side (approx. 6L ex-showroom)
Hi dude,
I have been hearing that Getz Diesel would be out any time soon for the past 3 years. Nothing concrete as of now.

If they are going to come out with a 1.5 L (Verna's Oil Burner), it would be an expensive deal.

Just hope for the best.

Jai
Old 16th August 2007, 10:44   #86

At Chennai, the OTR price of Getz GLS is 5.39 L. After various discounts, it came to 4.932 L ( to be precise).
Old 16th August 2007, 11:32   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Sorry! for the mistake, its 3-cylinder only.

I heard hyundai is developing new engine for the diesel getz
Old 16th August 2007, 12:18   #88
BHPian

Coolspeed: Looks like chennai guys are lucky. Does this include any loyalty/exchange bonus? Can you please give a breakup of the discount?

In Bangalore the 1.3 Prime does not have any big discounts, the only things offered are corp discount of 6K, mudflaps and mats.
Old 16th August 2007, 12:28   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
In Bangalore the 1.3 Prime does not have any big discounts, the only things offered are corp discount of 6K, mudflaps and mats.
Second that. Been to Advaith on Tuesday - I am getting only 6k corp discount and nothing more!

In August "What Car" magazine, it mentions some 3-4% payout if you go for auto financing option. Strangely nothing of that sort seems to exist in Bangalore!
Old 16th August 2007, 15:33   #90

The break up is:
1. 15K free insurance
2. 7K corporate discount
3. 20K exchange bonus
4. Around 4K which i bargained in registration charges.

Totals upto 46K, which made the overpriced car to be Ok-priced!

Most Viewed