Team-BHP - Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/205131-scoop-2019-kia-sportage-facelift-spotted-india.html)

Thanks to Kaustav Roy for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-sportage2.jpg

Kia had showcased the Sportage SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo. In May 2018, an updated version was unveiled in the international market. The 2019 Sportage facelift has now been spotted in India. A truck carrying the new SUVs was recently seen on the NH2.

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-sportage1.jpg

The Sportage facelift features minor changes to the exterior. At the front, it has a new bumper with redesigned fog lamp pods and a silver skid plate. It also gets reworked headlamp clusters. Moving to the rear, the Sportage comes with a new rear bumper with a chrome strip and rear fog lamps placed on either end. The wraparound tail lights have a red reflector strip in between. The 2019 model also gets dual-tone alloy wheels.

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-sportage3.jpg

On the inside, the new model features a revised instrument cluster. It is a twin-dial setup with a large MID in the centre. Apart from that, the basic layout of the dashboard has been carried over and the SUV comes with a touchscreen infotainment system.

The 2019 Kia Sportage is powered by a new 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine featuring a mild-hybrid system which has a 48 V battery. The 1.7-litre diesel engine has been replaced with a new 1.6-litre unit in the international market. It is offered with all-wheel drive and a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News

Could this in anyway mean that the Kia Sportage is being produced in India for exports?

That could translate to fantastic pricing for the Indian market as well, though I'm not sure how they'll manage the SP concept and Sportage in two adjacent segments without confusing customers.

I'm assuming this is in West Bengal (Durgapur Expressway maybe??) given the WB plates on the XUV. Could be a bigger than usual consignment going to Bhutan in my opinion.

Unusual to have Kia bring in so many Sportage SUVs and that too via Kolkata Port.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4518857)
I'm assuming this is in West Bengal (Durgapur Expressway maybe??) given the WB plates on the XUV. Could be a bigger than usual consignment going to Bhutan in my opinion.

Unusual to have Kia bring in so many Sportage SUVs and that too via Kolkata Port.

+1.

I am pretty sure these are headed to Bhutan. It is a common sight in that part of the country to see dozens of Kia, Nissan, Toyota vehicles on trailers headed either to Nepal or Bhutan as the nearest port of entry is Kolkata/Haldia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 4518913)
+1.

I am pretty sure these are headed to Bhutan. It is a common sight in that part of the country to see dozens of Kia, Nissan, Toyota vehicles on trailers headed either to Nepal or Bhutan as the nearest port of entry is Kolkata/Haldia.

:thumbs up
You are right. Even in the "pre-KIA in India" days, it was quite a common sight to see KIA's and also several Daihatsu's headed to either Bhutan or Nepal after getting offloaded at Kolkata or Haldia port.
This can very well be such an order from a dealer or dealers in those countries. Typically these car carriers take the Burdwan-Panagarh-Moregram-Siliguri route to reach their destination.

2019 Kia Sportage SUV teaser video asks
Are you ready for Kia (India)?

https://youtu.be/g7fbpeoW11k

Quote:

Kia India has shared a teaser video which features their Sportage SUV. It is based on the new Hyundai Tucson SUV, and also shares parts and engine. The message they have shared with the video – Are you ready for Kia (India)

Sportage will not be the first car Kia will be launching in India. Kia Motors India will introduce SP2i (codename) mid-size SUV as its first car here. It is the production ready variant of the SP Concept which was showcased at the Auto Expo earlier this year.

Kia SP2i SUV will wear a modern design language and match its worthiness with features and quality one expects in cars in a higher segment. As Kia Motors India prepares for an activity filled 2019, the company’s focus areas include product development, communication, sales, services, and customer-related activities, among other things to reach out and make a mark as it begins its maiden innings here.
Source

Is KIA Sportage going to be the first product launch for India?

Saw this Kia Sportage in Gurgaon yesterday, this particular car is being used by Kia officials since quite a while now. The Kia Corporate Office is situated in the same premises so this Sportage is a regular spotting in the vicinity.

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-img_20200822_190904012.jpeg

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-img_20200822_19091301.jpeg

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-img_20200822_19101201.jpeg

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-img_20200822_190851012.jpeg

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-img_20200822_19100401.jpeg

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-img_20200822_191028012.jpeg

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-img_20200822_190901012.jpeg

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-img_20200822_19105901.jpeg

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-img_20200822_19083201.jpeg

Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India-img_20200822_19095401.jpeg