Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2018, 23:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Innova airbags failed to deploy; Toyota & dealer fined Rs. 5 lakh

If the court got to see some sort of vehicle logs (accurate speed, acceleration, and angle of contact) to determine the exact force vectors indeed warranted an airbag deployment, (as in the vehicle logs saying" deploy airbag", but still ended up not deploying) then the judgement would make sense.
Often people talk as though airbags are these soft fluffy pillows, that will comfort us. Looking at accident victims where the airbags did deploy, I can only say that it is a violent explosion in the face, that will come with its own set of injuries. It may save the spine and impending death, but it is violent. The seatbelts, crumple zones, bumpers and such are the first line of defense. Without knowing the force vectors at play, I am not sure how anyone can draw a judgement. I really hope the court had enough accurate evidence to find Toyota and the dealer guilty. Also Rs4L in repairs is nothing compared to the cost when an Innova crumples. You want the car to crumple before deciding to explode something in somebody's face. If the Innova did not even crumple, then there is no reason for the Airbag to explode.

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 28th December 2018 at 23:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks