Team-BHP - The Maruti Ciaz & Ertiga 1.5L Diesel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti Ciaz & Ertiga 1.5L Diesel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/205283-maruti-ciaz-ertiga-1-5l-diesel-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 4577902)
Took a longish TD of the New 1.5L Diesel Ciaz

Quote:

The refinement is shocking
I thought it was a paid promotion by Autocar when they said refinement levels are as good as Hyundai 1.6 CRDI. Guess I am wrong after reading your feedback. Maruti has put in a lot of effort here.

Quote:

Autocar India's claim of this being the fastest midsize sedan looks possible.
Too hard to believe this. Verna 1.6 CRDI does 0-100 in 9.32 seconds. How could 95 PS Ciaz better it ? Curious to see the timings, hope Autocar didn't forget Verna.

Quote:

I won't comment on how quick it is, will leave that for Dr. Naren to time it.
rl:

I have given my Dragy to a friend in Kerala. Let me see if I can time the car using Torque Pro app, it's pretty accurate.

Quote:

Beefed up firewall insulation. This stuff looked thicker compared to the other Marutis
Yes, it's thick and present in S-Cross too :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4577910)
hope Autocar didn't forget Verna.

Quite possible, maybe they only considered 1.5L diesels, as it is the norm of the segment, Verna being an exception. Expecting it to be at par with Aspire at the max (low weight and close to 100ps power).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 4577902)
6. Tappet cover is made of plastic.

Another look at the engine, without its cover:

The Maruti Ciaz & Ertiga 1.5L Diesel-ddis-225.jpg

So I got a call from a Nexa Dealer from Bangalore asking me if I had plans to upgrade from my current Ertiga to a new one.

The fact that the call was from a Nexa dealer and not a regular dealership hints at possible launch of the 1.5L Diesel Ertiga soon?

Considering the low output of this engine, have any of the remappers developed a map for it.

Now that Maruti had announced no more Diesel engines from 2020, wonder what happens to this one. Is it part of their Diesel cull? :Shockked:

Good review. Another national engine in the making? Reliability and longevity are the only factors that need to be verified.

Marut Suzuki Ertiga 1.5L diesel launched.

1.5-litre DDiS 225 Variants Price (ex-showroom, Delhi)

VDi Rs. 9.86 lakh ZDi Rs. 10.69 lakh ZDi+ Rs. 11.20 lakh

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4582070)
Marut Suzuki 1.5L diesel launched.

1.5-litre DDiS 225 Variants Price (ex-showroom, Delhi)

VDi Rs. 9.86 lakh ZDi Rs. 10.69 lakh ZDi+ Rs. 11.20 lakh

Any update on Brezza Petrol launch from your birdies?

Regards,
Arun

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunramaswamy (Post 4582102)
Thank you volkman. Is this the Ertiga or the Brezza?

Any update on Brezza Petrol launch from your birdies?

Regards,
Arun

Source article

Press release from Maruti Suzuki, on the Ertiga 1.5(D)- 6MT launch,

The Maruti Ciaz & Ertiga 1.5L Diesel-e.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz & Ertiga 1.5L Diesel-e1.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz & Ertiga 1.5L Diesel-e0.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunramaswamy (Post 4582102)
Any update on Brezza Petrol launch --

Vitara Brezza 1.5L (P) is speculated to come in early 2020.

Link

I think for manual transmission lovers, buying these 1.5L BSIV engines is the best bet to protect against depreciation, what's with the increased diesel engine cost of BSVI. Curious to see some more reviews.

Comparo done between Ertiga 1.5, Lodgy, B-RV and Marazzo by RushLane (the Tables attached miss out on details of the Lodgy, but it is compared in the article everywhere).

Source article

The Maruti Ciaz & Ertiga 1.5L Diesel-newmarutiertigavsmahindramarazzovshondabrv2.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz & Ertiga 1.5L Diesel-newmarutiertigavsmahindramarazzovshondabrv1.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz & Ertiga 1.5L Diesel-newmarutiertigadieselpricevsrivals.jpg

Ciaz 1.5L Diesel review by Motown India:

https://youtu.be/pY2pvGYRhRg