Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2020, 22:52   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Many of XUV components catch rust quickly and fail. Door hinges, latches, latch cable, fuel lid, wiper system, window regulators and along list. And those rubber gaskets/beading, windshield seal, suspension bushes, headlamp projector and seals dont last even for 3 years.
The way my current XUV300 has aged for close to 2 years, I am loving every bit of it and hope Mahindra can carry the same forward to the elder sibling.
Keeping fingers crossed that Mahindra doesn't roll back to its previous self once the Ssangyong sale is completed.
anantpoddar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 08:49   #272
BHPian

Re: The 2nd-gen Mahindra XUV500, coming in Q2-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
What is the point of testing these if they are not even going to make it off the assembly line? Mahindra has been testing these cars for more than an year if I am not wrong. They seem to be falling behind in the segment with no new launch. Although I must acknowledge that the technology being tested looks impressive and with the XUV3OO and THAR they have showed that they are serious about safety.
Even if some of the features are not ready on time for the launch, testing them now means it will be ready for the facelift which generally comes a year or 2 down the line. You don't want them testing new features designed for facelift/ new gen in a reduced timeline. Am happy for them to test everything as much as they can because it translates to lesser glitches in the future.
Avinash_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 11:18   #273
BHPian

Any insider news on expected launch date of XUV 500 please ?
Old 14th December 2020, 13:11   #274
BHPian

Had a quick chat with a Mahindra SA yesterday. According to his sources, the present generation XUV5OO will be discontinued from Jan '21. New model will be out by April 2021. At present, Mahindra have reduced production and are gearing up for the next-gen launch. He also added that the new model will be loaded to the gills with features and that they would be bringing MG Gloster level of equipment for Hector money. So this kind of confirms the autonomous driving aids . When asked about pricing, he said that the price will mostly go up by upto a lakh. Eagerly waiting for this launch.
Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 20:29   #275
Senior - BHPian

Any update on how good the third row would be ? Can this be comfortable enough for a 4'10 adult and a 5'4 adult ?
Old 15th December 2020, 20:37   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
The way my current XUV300 has aged for close to 2 years, I am loving every bit of it and hope Mahindra can carry the same forward to the elder sibling.
Keeping fingers crossed that Mahindra doesn't roll back to its previous self once the Ssangyong sale is completed.
Great to know that.
To be frank have never been a fan of 2+ years old Mahindras and how they age.
Hope that the Marazzo/XUV300 onwards models age gracefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babruvahanaaaaa View Post
According to his sources, the present generation XUV5OO will be discontinued from Jan '21. New model will be out by April 2021..
Great that they are discontinuing the present XUV500.
Hope they do the same for the Scorpio too.

Unless there is a quantum leap between the generations or the basic nature changes, selling two generations of a name plate side by side doesn't bode well for either the brand value or the market in which it is sold.
Old 15th December 2020, 21:01   #277
BHPian

Quote:
He also added that the new model will be loaded to the gills with features and that they would be bringing MG Gloster level of equipment for Hector money. So this kind of confirms the autonomous driving aids.
I'm happy and sad at the same time.

Happy because Mahindra is really putting in a lot of effort to develop its product. It's developing the XUV5OO according to international standards.
An extremely desirable attitude.

Sad because as the current case stands, Mahindra already needs around 2 years to make it's products entirely niggle-free. With all the electronic wizardry, it will need more time to iron out the niggles, maybe around 3 - 4 years. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Really very concerned about the first batch of owners.
Old 15th December 2020, 21:22   #278
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
the present generation XUV5OO will be discontinued from Jan '21.

He also added that the new model will be loaded to the gills with features and that they would be bringing MG Gloster level of equipment for Hector money. So this kind of confirms the autonomous driving aids . When asked about pricing, he said that the price will mostly go up by upto a lakh.
Mahindra is taking their sweet time and planning to launch the next-gen XUV-5OO PROPERLY with all guns blazing, like Petrol & Diesel, manual & auto, many options & bling(large touch-screen), just like Mahindra Thar. Exactly how Team-BHpians expect.

Mahindra learning from TATA's Harrier-launch fiasco??

But this news of high-level equipment & ADAS features makes me doubt if they can stick to just 1 Lakh rupees price-hike.

Nonetheless, the next-gen XUV5OO will be one hell of a vehicle with an almost perfect launch similar to the Thar. Mahindra has a winner on their hands.

The current XUV5OO, even though near the end-of-cycle(generation) has been selling an average of 1000 copies per month this year. Similarly the end-of-cycle Scorpio has consistently been selling around ~4k units a month(that's always been more than MG Hector+Plus volumes). This shows that the brand value of these vehicles is immense. Mahindra will probably regain good amount of market share in SUV segment in 2021 with new-gen XUV5OO & Scorpio.
Old 16th December 2020, 00:37   #279

How can this be 2nd Gen XUV500? Should be 3rd Gen, right?

We've already seen an upgrade to 1st Gen which had horizontal tail lights as compared to to 1st Gens' vertical.
Old 16th December 2020, 02:18   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i@M.S.K View Post
How can this be 2nd Gen XUV500? Should be 3rd Gen, right?

We've already seen an upgrade to 1st Gen which had horizontal tail lights as compared to to 1st Gens' vertical.
The one which is currently in production is a facelifted version of the original 1st gen car. Not 2nd generation.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 08:49   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
Mahindra is taking their sweet time and planning to launch the next-gen XUV-5OO PROPERLY with all guns blazing, like Petrol & Diesel, manual & auto, many options & bling(large touch-screen), just like Mahindra Thar. Exactly how Team-BHpians expect.

Mahindra learning from TATA's Harrier-launch fiasco??
Actually I was also thinking about the same. Look at the THAR. I would say the new Gen brings in pretty much new electronics to the classic and Mahindra was still able to pull off a smooth launch. I have at least not heard of a major failure till now from the few of the lucky owners who have got their hands on the car so far. Moreover the petrol engine and the AT+ 4X4 combo itself is new but they were able to pull it off. (well don’t want to jinx it and also the numbers on the roads are far too less right now for an early feedback.) But by the time the new XUV is out, hopefully Mahindra would have learned a lot from their current experience. The last thing which will benefit the XUV even more would be the driving dynamics, if the ride quality can be improved I think it will be a killer combo.
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 09:05   #282
BHPian

Regarding the pricing, the top of the line one will be definitely priced much higher than the outgoing one for sure, but lower end price difference will be on the ball park of 1 to 2L in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Any insider news on expected launch date of XUV 500 please ?
Launch will be early Q2. First batch will be available for dealers around that time too.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th December 2020 at 09:52. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Adam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 09:42   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Regarding the pricing, the top of the line one will be definitely priced much higher than the outgoing one for sure, but lower end price difference will be on the ball park of 1 to 2L in my opinion.
I don't think that would be the case. XUV competes with Hector and Harrier. Currently, it's slightly costlier than Hector, but undercuts the Harrier. At best, I believe it will be priced at par with Harrier, which is about 1 Lakh more. Not to forget, Mahindra has always priced the XUV extremely competitively, infact the 2018 facelift, was priced lower than the outgoing version!
Old 16th December 2020, 11:49   #284
Senior - BHPian

Got to experience the upcoming XUV500 first hand. But unfortunately, the driver requested me to not take any pictures, and I respected his request.

The interiors are very well designed, and the cluster is fully digital HD LCD screen - for both Speedo and tachometers. The infotainment screen was very large - inline with the current trend. But I can confirm it is not the same as the bland Ford Edge's interiors.

The front seats were extremely padded and very supportive, a thumbs-up from my side.

The tyres were 235/65 R17 with 5 spoke alloys,and the tyres were chunky and nicely filled up the wheel arches.

The engine sounded a bit harsh with the hood opened, but the insulation was top notch, so the end result is a very refined Diesel engine both inside out.

The door handles pop-out like in some high end sports cars. All 4 door handles are of this type - very classy

The boot space seemed tiny with all three rows in place, slightly better that in the current XUV 500. The test car had some 15L cans of Adblue stored in the boot comfortably though.

One bit I did not like in the XUV's design is that a huge chunk of the doorpads are visible from outside the car. Raised to meet the high dashboard, it sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise well designed SUV.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 16th December 2020 at 11:52.
aravind.anand is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 14:12   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Got to experience the upcoming XUV500 first hand. But unfortunately, the driver requested me to not take any pictures, and I respected his request.
Thanks for the inputs. Since you were able to sit inside the car, could you tell any of the feature additions you could observe the current car?

Panoramic Sunroof, Electric rear window shades (going by 6 power window switches), HUD, Paddle shifts, 360 degree parking camera?

Could you check if any of the above were available?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks