Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:15   #1711
BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
It might be alright currently. However, with rapidly rising pollution, it is possible non BS6 diesel vehicles are banned in some cities down the road. Like the 10 plus year diesel ban in Delhi, a future rule could ban non BS6 vehicles over say 7 year old.
NOTHING will happen to the cars that are on the road, no registration will be canceled until its lifetime and the tax is already paid for that period also.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:28   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
NOTHING will happen to the cars that are on the road, no registration will be canceled until its lifetime and the tax is already paid for that period also.
What about the Delhi NCR diesel ban then? Cars over 10 year old have been banned and their registrations cancelled even though they were originally registered for 15 years and had paid road tax for 15 years.
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:31   #1713
BHPian

Its not going to happen all over India. Delhi's case was considered as a special case as far as I know.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 20:05   #1714
Senior - BHPian

It's highly improbable for the 10 year rule to change. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The key here is whether , once Hector bookings reopen, will MG retain the introductory pricing, thereby countering Kia's not so aggressive pricing , or will they up their prices, seeing that the competition is at a markup?
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:45   #1715
BHPian

Apparently, most of the Hector bookings are for Petrol DCT top end. Even the showroom vehicles are top end variants. I wanted to see a Diesel Super as this is what I have booked. Since there are very few bookings for Super, I specifically asked the dealer to inform me ASAP whenever a Petrol or Diesel Super is available. Finally I received a call today informing me that a Petrol Hybrid Super is available and is being prepared for delivery. I reached the showroom when it was being closed but was able to see the car.

Here are some pictures. Apologies for poor quality, most of the showroom lights were switched off when I reached there.

The signature grill is same for lower and upper variants. However, the surrounding bezel or accent is Chrome finished for top end and silver matt textured for Super (the burgundy coloured car in following pictures, bad colour reproduction with poor lighting and shadows). The alloy wheels also have matching scheme with the grill bezels. (Note - the buyer of this burgundy Super had opted to install a chrome accent on bonnet above the grill)

The Super has fabric seats. I prefer fabric upholstery over synthetic leather. Fabric gives me more comfort in any weather, any type of journey, short or long, on smooth tarmac or bad. Although the seat design is basic, the seats are very comfortable, well bolstered. Have a rear seat pocket (will be difficult to clean though, I like the mesh ones more). The door arm rests are also fabric based in Super, while the top end have synthetic leather of similar colour.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-facia.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-wheels.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-seats.jpg  

Pulse500 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 09:15   #1716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Apparently, most of the Hector bookings are for Petrol DCT top end. Even the showroom vehicles are top end variants. I wanted to see a Diesel Super as this is what I have booked.
Is MG giving an option to add on features of higher variants to the basic trim? For eg, can you add smart / sharp features to your Super trim?

@All
Has anyone here taken delivery of the hector? I'd really love to know the opinion of an owner on Team BHP , especially since my buying decision is in limbo - undecided over the hector and Seltos , and more so because the Official Review is still around 2 months away.
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:05   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Do you mean more than all the other glasses standard on the cars would?
Larger glass surface areas are easier to break with lesser force. And such a large opening (bigger than usual sunroofs and window glasses) can allow larger items to be taken out of car more easily, possibly even without sounding alarm (opening doors can sound alarms, not sure if sun roof has) or without being seen by any dashcam/rearcam if installed. Ofcourse, thieves have choice to break windshield and rear glasses too on other cars too if they expect something valuable stored in the car.
Pulse500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:10   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
I have a feeling they will empty the command queue (if one exists, that is) once you stop the car's ignition. This much the Chinese programmers should have thought of.
Yes if the queue is local to the car. No if the voice command has been sent, and response not received and queued at remote end, e.g. due to mobile network coverage issues, Internet re-convergence/outage issue, or car receiver powered off. Will have to look into the design and implementation, how handshaking is working, whether commands are sequenced, command TTL and timers etc.
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:12   #1719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Ofcourse, thieves have choice to break windshield and rear glasses too on other cars too if they expect something valuable stored in the car.
Indeed, that was the point I was trying to make in my question actually. If a thief is ready to break a sun-roof glass - he or she can very much do the same with any other glass also. Totally dependent on the resolve of the miscreant, not on presense of the sun roof.

In fact its easier to get around side windows without breaking anything at all, with the right tools. They always have those tools.

And Hector isn't unique in having the pan-roof either. So not a speicific concern for the Hector. Quite a lot of premium cars now have pano-sun-roof. Becoming a regularly seen feature now.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:35   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Indeed, that was the point I was trying to make in my question actually. If a thief is ready to break a sun-roof glass - he or she can very much do the same with any other glass also. Totally dependent on the resolve of the miscreant, not on presense of the sun roof.

In fact its easier to get around side windows without breaking anything at all, with the right tools. They always have those tools.

And Hector isn't unique in having the pan-roof either. So not a speicific concern for the Hector. Quite a lot of premium cars now have pano-sun-roof. Becoming a regularly seen feature now.
and adding further. +1

With the I-SMART and embedded E-Sim tech on the pano-sunroof models, unless he is willing to open and spoil the ICE as well, he will find it very difficult to make away very far with the car, without alerting the owner.
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:36   #1721
Distinguished - BHPian

A question to those in the know.

The glass used in the panoramic sunroof. Is this tempered glass or proper laminated glass?
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:37   #1722
BHPian

My 2 cents regarding the sun-roof (especially Panoramic).

The key question is, with such options becoming mass-market, are the manufactures investing enough to ensure that such sunroofs are of highest quality and behaviors are safe in case of theft or accidents?

While there is an argument that luxury cars always had sunroofs, the numbers on the road were minuscule. Thus probability of something going wrong was less or confined to certain community.

So far, sunroof was a not a dimension to decide whether safety is compromised or not. However with growing numbers and relatively recent adoption in the vehicles, I don't think majority of the users (not referring to the knowledgeable TBHP community) know enough on the consequences in the long run.
Old 26th August 2019, 11:04   #1723
BHPian

The ACI review of the petrol automatic is out, you can decide if its biased or not

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-413714

Last edited by sreejinair : 26th August 2019 at 11:13.
Old 26th August 2019, 12:34   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
The ACI review of the petrol automatic is out, you can decide if its biased or not

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-413714
ACI quotes a fuel efficiency of a shockingly poor 6.6KMPL in the city & 8.8 on the highway. People who went by the MID displayed values (which starts from 13KMPL or something like that) on their short test drives are going to be in for a massive shock once they actually start measuring the real world economy. I should know, as I was fooled too when I was impressed by a mileage of almost 11.5 on my short test drive in the city.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 13:14   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
ACI quotes a fuel efficiency of a shockingly poor 6.6KMPL in the city & 8.8 on the highway. People who went by the MID displayed values (which starts from 13KMPL or something like that) on their short test drives are going to be in for a massive shock once they actually start measuring the real world economy.
Its an internet car! People buying it obviously should use internet!

They had access to the real world fuel efficiency numbers before hand on the internet, and this car already existed as the Wuling and Baojun models, so the numbers were already available. And if people were still sticking on their purchase, despite the MID readings and thought they were accurate, then I guess the Internet did not serve any purpose at all

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th August 2019 at 13:04. Reason: edited
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks