Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2019, 12:24   #1801
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post

Looks pretty decent with the chrome delete.
Exactly how I would like to have the car except for that antenna. OE rear diffuser is one thing I really hate and I know a lot of enthusiasts will color it black. Hope MG will revise it for the face-lift.

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_1.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_2.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 17:20   #1802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Anyone got some real world figures of the petrol auto.

Regards
As per real world testing, the Petrol Auto mileage figures are :

City. : 8.61 KMPL
Highway : 12.25 KMPL

Source
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 20:17   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
As per real world testing, the Petrol Auto mileage figures are :

City. : 8.61 KMPL
Highway : 12.25 KMPL

Source
Highway mileage should have been better.
Old 5th September 2019, 11:12   #1804
Distinguished - BHPian

MG Hector Bookings To Resume In October.

Quote:
MG Motor India is working to hire more workers to start one more shift at its plant and is meeting suppliers in a bid to ramp up the production of the Hector.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 16:15   #1805
BHPian

Slightly OT!

But this article in TOI this week, gives some perspective to the city mileage discussions. We are definitely headed to a state where EVs / Hybrids, which can increase efficiencies in crawling stop & go traffic, while providing the comfort of an auto box, will pretty much have to become the only frugal option on PVs for daily city runs!
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-office-commute.jpeg  

AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 18:11   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Exactly how I would like to have the car except for that antenna. OE rear diffuser is one thing I really hate and I know a lot of enthusiasts will color it black. Hope MG will revise it for the face-lift.
Although simply blacking everything out looks good, I feel that some of the lines that add to the vehicle's shape are lost especially on a black car. For example, the side of the hector without chrome lining makes it look boxier but I don't like chrome too.

I am waiting for my black MG Hector Sharp DCT. I am planning to change the chrome parts to black chrome. Of course, the badging will be removed and the rear diffuser will be painted black. Another part that I don't like about the Hector is the rear reflective light strip in the middle which serves no purpose. So, that will be tinted.

Finally, when it comes to wheels, I think the above Hector's tires look Puny even with 235/55R17. I plan to upsize the wheels to 235/50R18. Please find attached a picture of the recommended and optional tire sizes for MG Hector. The default size is 215/60R17. Suggestions welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-wheel-chart-mg-hector.png  

Last edited by yaseenar : 5th September 2019 at 18:13. Reason: Minor correction
yaseenar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 19:51   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseenar View Post
I am waiting for my black MG Hector Sharp DCT. I am planning to change the chrome parts to black chrome. Of course, the badging will be removed and the rear diffuser will be painted black. Another part that I don't like about the Hector is the rear reflective light strip in the middle which serves no purpose. So, that will be tinted.

Finally, when it comes to wheels, I think the above Hector's tires look Puny even with 235/55R17. I plan to upsize the wheels to 235/50R18. Please find attached a picture of the recommended and optional tire sizes for MG Hector. The default size is 215/60R17. Suggestions welcome!
I am taking delivery of my white DCT next week. Still holding off from the payment just in case the GST reduces Debadging and blacking out the front and rear bumper skid plates would be my first priority. I wanted to make some slight modification to the tire size as well. No intention to go R18. But I was looking at 235/65R17. IIRC the harrier has that size. But looking at your chart that is not a recommended size. Next closest is 235/60R17.
GearHeadGarage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 22:56   #1808
BHPian

Took and extensive TD of DCT Sharp today , from MG KalyanNagar ORR.

SEs were super courteous and helpful. They were very accommodative to have the vehicle over to my apartment and check out the parking ingress and egress ease, since that has been a major decision making node for an upgrade.

The car checked almost all the boxes we have
- smooth no rush drive, we never wanted the adrenaline rush.
- found acceleration to be okay for a 99% city usage. Yes there is a turbo lag but didn't find it to be a uniquely abnormal from what I observed in Venue and Seltos DCT TDs.
- ride was cushioned
- 10+ inch screen and its functionality has been discussed everywhere at length. May be thats why it felt very familiar and wasn't a distraction at all.
- the sound quality from Infinity speakers were great
- space , it is all about space and roominess in there!!

The only thing we didn't like to our taste was the art-leather quality in seats and the rear faux skid plate. Wheels could be a size bigger but that'll also make the ride more bumpy.

And yes the parking space fitment question got ticked as well

Queued into waitlist for a BS6 DCT Sharp.

Expecting bookings to open around or post Diwali and delivery around Feb-March. We are okay towait as it falls in line with our other priorities until then.
The SE mentioned that MG will clear all the initial bookings by Dec-Jan. The new lot in 2020 , possibly with a new price tag, will be BS6.

Oh yes, saw the few delivery cars lined up with Continental tyres.

I believe no car is perfect, its all about the informed choice based on the individual needs.
Lets keep sharing the right insights and help each other make the right choices.
DASKD24 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 10:49   #1809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
MG Hector Bookings To Resume In October.
Link
I had said this couple of months ago, they must have stocked their inventories to a reasonable extent now.
Old 6th September 2019, 11:40   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I had said this couple of months ago, they must have stocked their inventories to a reasonable extent now.
I doubt it very much that they could have stocked up. It would not be economic sense to stock up rather than deliver and recover costs. Especially with the information that their production of 3000 vehicles a month and the huge backlog of bookings, they can't be stocking up.
swissknife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 14:04   #1811
Senior - BHPian

It is like preparing for delivery and then manage with regular production. They have to deliver vehicles not to one city but across many cities.

Agree Reinhard, but it is bound to happen with their production capacity.

Hope so coolkurt, they have to ramp up the production now. Only 6 months remaining for BS-6 deadline.

Last edited by deehunk : 6th September 2019 at 14:29.
Old 6th September 2019, 14:10   #1812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do note that in that case - cars being delivered to customers for what is a newly launched car - would come with manufacturing dates of 3 months or more in past already. Once that starts becoming known, it does a lot of negative PR for the brand. I don't think they'd opt for this.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 14:23   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I don't think that'll be the case. They've not stocked up, which is clear from the no of despatches. So most probably, they'll be delivering the car a month or so later which is fine by my books.

I bought the S Cross and the manufacturing date was around 2 months old. In the current scenario, they'll be offering so many discounts that the customer would find value in the competive price than worry about older manufacturing dates.

Last edited by coolkurt : 6th September 2019 at 14:24. Reason: Wrong person quoted
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 21:19   #1814

Managed to get the Handling charges waived off! And there are others as well who have managed to get it waived off.

There was a great deal of back and forth lasting over a couple of weeks between MG, the Dealer, and me and it finally got resolved today. I put my foot down and said I'm not shelling out a buck for the handling charges. Finally they agreed.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190906211414__01.jpg  

ArvindMaveric is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 06:45   #1815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvindMaveric View Post
Managed to get the Handling charges waived off! And there are others as well who have managed to get it waived off.
Congratulations. What are the handling charges disguised as? I checked the S Cross price list and there was no mention of any handling charges specifically. There was a basic kit and three years insurance that was included in the total which I deleted from my calculations.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks