Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2019, 14:22   #1876
BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
From what I've understood, MG is going to reopen bookings sometime in Oct , during the festive season. MG already had 28000 bookings and 15000 odd on waitlist.

So, when the bookings reopen, these 15000 people on waitlist will get the first preference to book the vehicle formally, if I'm correct?

I'll probably be looking to book the hector during that period, if all goes well. Hopefully we'll have the review too by then.
If max capacity is 3000 per month for the foreseeable future, it will be an year by the time a vehicle will be delivered, if booked after bookings reopen. ruing the opportunity that MG lost by not being prepared for this demand.
Old 14th September 2019, 20:50   #1877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realactivex View Post
If max capacity is 3000 per month for the foreseeable future, it will be an year by the time a vehicle will be delivered, if booked after bookings reopen. ruing the opportunity that MG lost by not being prepared for this demand.
Not necessarily. MG originally had 28000 bookings. And they would have delivered 6500 cars by end of sept. So that leaves 21500 bookings. If all of them stay in. Which I doubt.

Plus, from what I've heard MG is having some issues with the hybrid battery. A few people I know who booked the hybrid even before the launch are yet to get their car, with the dealer claiming November.

IMHO , If you're booking the Diesel, you've got a higher chance of delivery in 4-5 months.

MG is talking to suppliers and there is talk of a second shift. If they manage that from Jan, who knows. They're launching their electric car from Jan as well. They will do well to ramp up numbers.

Last edited by coolkurt : 14th September 2019 at 20:52.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 21:02   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Plus, from what I've heard MG is having some issues with the hybrid battery. A few people I know who booked the hybrid even before the launch are yet to get their car, with the dealer claiming November.
I don't think so. There's already a hybrid hector in my society which was delivered 2 weeks ago
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 11:22   #1879
BHPian

- Spoke to my Noida SA and the sales head there yesterday.

- As per them now only Petrol DCT cars will be delivered in near future (till now max were diesel only). Diesel cars delivery are available right away if you have a booking.

- My Petrol DCT Glaze Red will be ready to deliver on Sep 22-23rd, but I'll take delivery on 2nd Oct (Navratri auspicious week and a holiday too).

- I've clearly told the sales head I'm not going to pay handling charges, citing the Supreme Court order. They will get back to me.

- Insurance from Tata AIG I'm getting for 38k (comprehensive b2b, zero dep, with consumables), whereas the MG Secure is 68k! The sales guy tried to sell me some hogwash about hassle free claims - but ive done enough claims in my other cars from tata aig to know how smooth they are. Will try to bring them down and see if we can meet in the middle.

- The 1000 points per week can be used to purchase the AMC plans/pay service costs/purchase accessories etc too, which is a good gesture from MG.

- Their loan rates are competitive and will be mostly taking part loan from them itself.

- Will share photos, reviews once my car is delivered.
dhruvwali is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 16:13   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
- As per them now only Petrol DCT cars will be delivered in near future (till now max were diesel only). Diesel cars delivery are available right away if you have a booking.

- My Petrol DCT Glaze Red will be ready to deliver on Sep 22-23rd, but I'll take delivery on 2nd Oct (Navratri auspicious week and a holiday too).
When had you made the Booking? It'll help estimate the time taken for delivery.

Congratulations on your purchase. Looking forward to hear initial ownership experience, especially the mileage that the DCT gives.
Old 15th September 2019, 16:36   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
When had you made the Booking? It'll help estimate the time taken for delivery.

Congratulations on your purchase. Looking forward to hear initial ownership experience, especially the mileage that the DCT gives.
- Had booked on 9th June
- Yep , looking forward to post pictures and reviews. There has been a dearth of those on team-bhp for hector till now.
dhruvwali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 19:39   #1882
Senior - BHPian

The Hector in red sure does have road presence. I've more or less made up my mind about going for a Red Diesel Hector.

Should I go ahead and add my name to the waitlist or does it make sense to wait for bookings to reopen in Oct and get myself enrolled?

Also,

All those who've booked and received their hectors, can you kindly elaborate on the month you made the booking and the date of delivery while specifying your Variant so that it gets easy to figure out what's the actual booking duration for different variants.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 22:00   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Excuse me buddy, I thought that S cross also costed around 12/13 big ones. I remember buying a Baleno diesel topend for 9.5 L on road price some three years ago. Which model of the s cross are you talking about?
I drive an Scross Delta 2015. Bought it for 8.7 on road. Went to check Seltos. Has mostly similar size and space as s cross. Lot more features but lot more price to pay for it. S cross is a fantastic global car with not so great face

I have sold my xuv 2013 and in the market for an SUV. After looking at all the options, choice is to pick between Hexa and harrier. Both Seltos and Hector are not solid enough. Both are at best city SUVs with ability to clear big speed breakers. Calling these cars SUVs is a bit of an overstatement of their capabilities. No offense meant to the owners and admirers. Hector's quality for the initial year will be very very risky. Doesn't matter who makes it - Indian suppliers will take time to get parts quality right for any product. Plus the ramp up and hurried production schedules will typically throw the quality off.
Old 16th September 2019, 22:18   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
I drive an Scross Delta 2015. Bought it for 8.7 on road. Went to check Seltos. Has mostly similar size and space as s cross. Lot more features but lot more price to pay for it. S cross is a fantastic global car with not so great face

Sorry to go off topic, but when was the S Cross priced less than 9 lakhs? Or did you buy it in some end of the year sale? I always thought the S Cross was priced 10+ lakhs for even the base variant from day one.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 22:23   #1885
BHPian

Quote:

I have sold my xuv 2013 and in the market for an SUV. After looking at all the options, choice is to pick between Hexa and harrier. Both Seltos and Hector are not solid enough. Both are at best city SUVs with ability to clear big speed breakers. Calling these cars SUVs is a bit of an overstatement of their capabilities. No offense meant to the owners and admirers. Hector's quality for the initial year will be very very risky. Doesn't matter who makes it - Indian suppliers will take time to get parts quality right for any product. Plus the ramp up and hurried production schedules will typically throw the quality off.
To each his own buddy. But for me, I dont care about the analogy behind labelling a particular car type. If i would want a car for off roading, I would go buy a Mahindra Thar or alike. For any other road type, I would rather buy a car which is solidly built and has a respectable ground clearance. Now, I am not sure about the built quality of the Kia Seltos, but I am betting on the brand. In case of Hector, Hello MG, Goodbye MG ;-), nuff said.
BTW, dont you think comparing an on road price of almost 5 years ago vehicle is a little harsh :-). You can surely check out the HTK+ automatic diesel option of the seltos which will cost around 15.50 Lakhs on road in your city i guess. As for the Harrier, I love that car and would have bought it, but for the automatic diesel option.
isldhn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 22:31   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
To each his own buddy. But for me, I dont care about the analogy behind labelling a particular car type. If i would want a car for off roading, I would go buy a Mahindra Thar or alike. For any other road type, I would rather buy a car which is solidly built and has a respectable ground clearance. Now, I am not sure about the built quality of the Kia Seltos, but I am betting on the brand. In case of Hector, Hello MG, Goodbye MG ;-), nuff said.
BTW, dont you think comparing an on road price of almost 5 years ago vehicle is a little harsh :-). You can surely check out the HTK+ automatic diesel option of the seltos which will cost around 15.50 Lakhs on road in your city i guess. As for the Harrier, I love that car and would have bought it, but for the automatic diesel option.
Agree. well said. I absolutely loved the Seltos too. Just that it comes across as a great city car. Hector is a risky proposition due to its dna. Loved its feature list - esp the connected car and the sunroof. Let's wait for the official review to be more clear.
Old 16th September 2019, 23:23   #1887
Senior - BHPian

It's funny how critical we are of a Chinese owned British brand entering our market. But at the same time, we applauded when JLR was turned around by its indian owner, Tata.

The world view back then would have been similar. Indian company buying out an iconic brand. What a joke. No one abroad gave them any chance. And see how it turned out.

Half the things around us have Chinese origins. Doesn't necessarily mean sub standard.

I'm sure MG will do well in our market. One thing that's common between the Chinese and Indians is that we both love value. MG understands that. Bang for the buck. Their showroom experience has been phenomenal. With every review out there going gaga over the Seltos - Calling it the 'perfect car', the Hector has still managed to find it's niche. They're confident of themselves, which is pretty evident - they'll be launching 4 SUVs in the next 2 years apparently.

Last edited by coolkurt : 16th September 2019 at 23:24.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 10:13   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
- Spoke to my Noida SA and the sales head there yesterday.

- I've clearly told the sales head I'm not going to pay handling charges, citing the Supreme Court order. They will get back to me.

- Insurance from Tata AIG I'm getting for 38k (comprehensive b2b, zero dep, with consumables), whereas the MG Secure is 68k! The sales guy tried to sell me some hogwash about hassle free claims - but ive done enough claims in my other cars from tata aig to know how smooth they are. Will try to bring them down and see if we can meet in the middle.

- The 1000 points per week can be used to purchase the AMC plans/pay service costs/purchase accessories etc too, which is a good gesture from MG.

- Their loan rates are competitive and will be mostly taking part loan from them itself.

- Will share photos, reviews once my car is delivered.
Congrats bro,

SO basically the Red DCT Sharp that youre giving up is what is being offered to me. Its strange as I booked on 4th June and I am still facing so much delay.

Even I am planning to delay delivery by atleast a week. but the reasons for me are not related to auspiciousness ( is it even a word?) I am wanting to have a better look at the performance of the vehicle and have requested the dealership to arrange a long test drive over the Noida Greater Noida Expressway.

I dont know why the Noida dealership is still stuck about giving long test drives.

I clearly told them..... I will Cancel my booking if I dont get this long test Drive. Its my 20 big ones... not theirs.
don_carmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 11:36   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
I have sold my xuv 2013 and in the market for an SUV. After looking at all the options, choice is to pick between Hexa and harrier. Both Seltos and Hector are not solid enough. Both are at best city SUVs with ability to clear big speed breakers.
Go for the Hexa sir. It is the most robust, tried and tested of this lot, ride is the best and handling as well for that perfectly calibrated steering with good feel and feedback and the diesel automatic is the best. Features will always keep coming. Touchscreens and sunroofs will keep getting bigger but primary virtues of a vehicle still are ride, handling, engine + gearbox combo. Features are add-ons, can always be upgraded.
Harrier has a twitchy steering that GTO called dangerous. MG and Kia are new to our market, if I was in the market for a new car, I would go for the Hexa AT eyes closed.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 13:09   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
I drive an Scross Delta 2015.

I have sold my xuv 2013 and in the market for an SUV. After looking at all the options, choice is to pick between Hexa and harrier.
Sir, I had a SCross 1.6 and now have a Hexa XTA. Its a worthy change, even after 50k kms on Hexa.

Hexa offers good ride and handling (for its size)!. A rugged car, with just-enough feature list.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks