Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2019, 13:20   #211
BHPian

re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianAutoEnthu View Post
I've heard the MG Hector will be available with AI-based Voice Assist. By saying "Hello MG", the MG car owners can activate this voice assist system to perform 100 tasks. MG promises to provide the "AI superior user experiences”. I'm quite looking forward to its intelligence. That said, it can understand about 100 accents, not pretty sure about our Indian dialects.
I was present at the event and i did try the demo head-unit. Nuance is the company who has built this voice assist system to recognise Indian accent, no doubt the system was pretty responsive to my accent and missed just once in 5 times.
shravan2k2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 13:52   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
I was present at the event and i did try the demo head-unit. Nuance is the company who has built this voice assist system to recognise Indian accent, no doubt the system was pretty responsive to my accent and missed just once in 5 times.
That is awesome you were present. Any other details you got to know or heard which is not discussed here ?
When is the launch by the way ?
Old 4th April 2019, 15:15   #213
Senior - BHPian

Thought of sharing this detailed video (ignore the language). Not sure if this has been shared before

While the MG is building the hype by slowly releasing the vehicle features one by one, above video gives us a good insight into what might be on offer.
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 15:18   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
That is awesome you were present. Any other details you got to know or heard which is not discussed here ?
When is the launch by the way ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianAutoEnthu View Post
Thanks for the sharing, bro! Can't wait til its launch. You must have been impressed with that.
Was present as a media personnel. They were focused only towards the connectivity features of iSmart which is housed in a vertical 10.4 inch unit (Similar to a Tesla). The head unit was pretty nice to use. The support for over the air (OTA) is pretty impressive. The HU had videos and music loaded as well, which would also be updated as per trend and pushed over the air. Vehicle updates would also be pushed via OTA (like bug fixes, ECU update).

Inclusion of Gaana app with premium subscription is good too, you don't need to download and prepare your playlist over USB anymore before leaving on a short trip. Gaana would allow you to stream online or download songs on the go.

The HU was able to control majority of features like opening of sunroof, remote switching on AC, etc

Here's a short video i did post -

About the car. It was not on display. But they did confirm launch in June with two engine options - Petrol and Diesel. Other things confirmed in relation to Petrol engine was the inclusion of 48V hybrid technology and auto transmission.

Last edited by shravan2k2 : 4th April 2019 at 15:29.
shravan2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 15:47   #215
BHPian

Dont know if many of us know here, but the smaller sibling to the rebadged Hector/Baojun530 - the Baojun 510 is world's most selling suv in its first 12 months selling close to 4.16 lakh cars, while the 530 also managed to sell close to 1.2 lakhs. So it seems it is mass-market success at least in China.
AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 00:02   #216
BHPian

Price will be in full competition (same/even less with extra features) with Harrier. New Interior and close exterior images-
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mghectorsuvleakedindialaunchprice7.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mghectorsuvleakedindialaunchprice6.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mghectorsuvleakedindialaunchprice1700x430.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mghectorsuvleakedindialaunchprice2700x430.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mghectorsuvleakedindialaunchprice3.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mghectorsuvleakedindia04.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mghectorsuvleakedindia03.jpg

Source https://www.rushlane.com/mg-hector-p...02903.html/amp

Last edited by oops : 5th April 2019 at 00:03.
oops is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 09:37   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
The more technology and "connectivity" you add to cars, the more they get exposed to hackers and trouble makers. Thieves have found ways to open and run away with cars having keyless entry and go (details can be found on other threads).

How long before someone hacks into a car's internals and does something dangerous? Also, news about customer tracking data going to Chinese servers may soon hit the headlines.

Just sayin.
Data storage is supported by Microsoft Azure cloud, so the platform is as secure as Microsoft standards are (at the very least, or more if MG has demanded extra security from Microsoft)!

Safety is provided by CISCO, again a leader in the space.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 10:28   #218
BHPian

Seems like it'll be raining SUVs from MG. A total of 5 SUVs in 24 months!

* MG Motor will launch five SUVs in the next 24 months.
* 5-seat MG Hector to go on sale in May 2019.
* Will be followed by an all-electric SUV by the end of 2019.
* 7-seat Hector will take on the upcoming Tata Buzzard.
* Plans to introduce a total of four platforms in the country.

Source
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 10:34   #219
BHPian

While SAIC has been selling this car since beginning of 2018, it seems that with every iteration they continue to make changes in the new market and add things. For example, even though the Wuling Almaz and then Chevrolet Captiva in the Indonesian and Thai markets respectively have been launched only in the last 3 months,

1. the MG hector has separate low-beam and high beam led projectors at the front, whereas all others only have one (is it an improvement? )
2. Hector has the tail-lamps connected by a reflector (cosmetic)
3. No other market till now have a DCT, they are all largely CVT (definitely a plus)
4. No Hybrid power terrain option anywhere else (at least from what I could find)
5. Except Almaz in Indonesia no other market has the large portrait style screen, so others misses out on a lot of features that MG has introduced recently

To me the above changes seems that they are definitely working on improving the product with each new launch, and IMHO we are at least getting a more rounded and tested product which ideally should be relatively niggles free.. or lets hope so for MG.
AGwagon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 11:17   #220
BHPian

Indian market will be much more exciting once the Chinese companies (SAIC, Great Wall Motors, etc...) enter. Chinese will be bringing feature rich, popular products and price very competitively till they succeed. This will also force other companies like Toyota, Honda, VW/Skoda, Renault, Nissan, etc... to bring their popular models here. Major advantage with Chinese companies entering Indian market is, we will see EVs come to India much earlier now. Few Chinese companies have more experience in making EVs than many Japanese/European car makers.

Indian car market will be definitely more interesting in next few years than ever .
sri_tesla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 13:15   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
* Plans to introduce a total of four platforms in the country.
4 platforms for 5 SUVs ? Doesn't sound very efficient.

And what is it with undersized tires but a over sized touch screen ?
vaasscit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 15:02   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
4 platforms for 5 SUVs ? Doesn't sound very efficient.

And what is it with undersized tires but a over sized touch screen ?
Just going with the market demand, I suppose!
That said, the screen is way too big for my liking too.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 16:24   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
Price will be in full competition (same/even less with extra features) with Harrier. New Interior and close exterior images-

Attachment 1865750
Source https://www.rushlane.com/mg-hector-p...02903.html/amp
Manual handbrake. Seems like the diesel manual version.
Old 7th April 2019, 09:26   #224
BHPian

As said by MD of MG India in earlier interview- when we planned Hector, there was only one car. But today there are many options. And segment we are targeting, there is no Hyundai ot Maruti. I think they planned Hector against Compass. But now when Harrier and Kicks are present, I think would take Harrier head-on and give competition to the same with prices above Kicks. IMO base petrol will start from 10.99lacs. 50k extra for Hybrid and 1.3-1.4lacs extra for Diesel. If these prices come, it will do OnePlus in Cars
Old 8th April 2019, 17:29   #225
BHPian

I feel the Hector looks much better in colors other than their signature red. Here are couple from Zigwheels.

Name:  mg2.png
Views: 5387
Size:  169.5 KB

Name:  mg1.png
Views: 5702
Size:  735.1 KB
rovingeye is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks