Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2019, 20:22   #91

What is a "car clinic"? You might think of it as a beauty contest among cars, with target-market consumers serving as the judges. It is a head-to-head comparison of competing brands and/or models. These competitive vehicles (usually ranging from 4 to 8 cars) are assembled in a showroom of some type, typically a facility with one-way viewing rooms, good security, and audio and video recording equipment. Target-market consumers (i.e., potential buyers) are recruited to view the cars or trucks, indicate preferences, and provide ratings and opinions, definition copied from Google, harrier, Hector, compass and xuv 500 were the competitors.

(product clinic for cars = car clinic)

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th March 2019 at 10:28. Reason: Removed dotted part of post.
mohananuj is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th March 2019, 10:47   #92
BHPian

re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

MG Hector SUV caught testing
Launch in June 2019

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190304110708_chrome.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190304110814_chrome.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190304110835_chrome.jpg

Quote:
It can be seen from the images that the MG Hector is ready for production and will be carry the same design as theĀ China-spec Baojun 530. The MG Motor version, however, will be heavily re-engineered to make sure it withstands Indian driving conditions. The platform is expected to remain largely similar to the Baojun 530. The China-spec 530 SUV is a five-seater currently, but it is large enough to be able to accommodate a third row should the need arise. Just how large? It stands 4,655mm long, with a wheelbase of 2,750mm, which overshadows the Hyundai Tucson by 180mm in length, and 80mm in wheelbase.
LINK
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 10:57   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend spotted this in Mangalore few days back.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img20190301wa0053.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 19:29   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

MG Hector spied on test again,

Quote:
At the front, the Hector gets a wide honeycomb grille that will proudly flaunt the MG insignia in the centre. The front bumper will be wide and have a similar honeycomb air-dam too. The Hector gets LED turn indicators at the top corner of the grille on either side. The headlight, however, has been positioned below it. The test mule we spotted sat on 10-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels – similarly sized as some of its rivals. With the heavy camouflage details of the rear were difficult to decipher, but can tell that it will have a sharply sculpted bumper – possibly with a scuff plate and large LED wraparound taillights.
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-1.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 14:21   #95
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing a lot of buzz off late !

This one is clicked at the CyberCity Junction, Gurgaon.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-hector.png  

//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 16:06   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
A friend spotted this in Mangalore few days back.
Not one, there are 2 MG Hectors in Mangalore-Udupi coastal strip. For last one month, I had spotted these two Hectors together almost 10-15 times. Unfortunately they were always on opposite lane.

Looks like they are testing on the Mangalore-Udupi stretch to understand how the vehicle performs over patched up and ill maintained uneven roads exclusively found between NITK toll booth and infamous Pump-well flyover
recshenoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 18:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

BU Bhandari has started setting up a showroom at their VW facility in Pune. When asked, the SA said its for MG. Looking at the pace of work, looks like it will be done in 2-3 months time.
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 10:21   #98
BHPian

Hector to come equipped with high-tech connectivity features via an embedded SIM card

"MG says it has equipped the Hector with an embedded SIM card to connect with its India-based servers. The connectivity will enable the SUV to get a whole array of smartphone-like features which includes biometrics, navigation with traffic info, car health status, AI assistance and a lot more. MG also promises to introduce over-the-air updates to analyse and personalise the driver experience in the connected SUV"

Source
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 10:52   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Hector to come equipped with high-tech connectivity features via an embedded SIM card

"MG says it has equipped the Hector with an embedded SIM card to connect with its India-based servers. The connectivity will enable the SUV to get a whole array of smartphone-like features which includes biometrics, navigation with traffic info, car health status, AI assistance and a lot more. MG also promises to introduce over-the-air updates to analyse and personalise the driver experience in the connected SUV"

Source
Do they realise the privacy issues to be addressed? Also all it takes is a data breach and some EC citizens data to be exposed and they will be subject to stiff fines under GDPR regulations
Old 13th March 2019, 11:01   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
GDPR regulations
Is it relevant for the Indian market? I have worked with GDPR regulations for Europe as part of my company profile though!

As seen with the case of Honda earlier, the regulations are not stringent to even extract a public apology in the Indian context -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...mpromised.html (Honda Connect data leaked! Personal details of thousands of Indian customers compromised)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 11:03   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is it relevant for the Indian market? I have worked with GDPR regulations for Europe as part of my company profile though!

As seen with the case of Honda earlier, the regulations are not stringent to even extract a public apology in the Indian context -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...mpromised.html (Honda Connect data leaked! Personal details of thousands of Indian customers compromised)
It is if an EU citizens details get out!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 11:07   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do they realise the privacy issues to be addressed? Also all it takes is a data breach and some EC citizens data to be exposed and they will be subject to stiff fines under GDPR regulations
Biometrics could be just getting entry (and probably starting the car) with fingerprint. I would hate if it authenticates me with the central server . Anyways the world has to deal with the issue of data breach with the smart/connected cars of the future.
On a lighter note, I can imagine Chinese military remote controlling our cars and colliding them in the eventuality of a war
Old 13th March 2019, 11:11   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
On a lighter note, I can imagine Chinese military remote controlling our cars and colliding them in the eventuality of a war
You think MG will sell that many?
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 11:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You think MG will sell that many?
Good question. My prediction (especially after checking their cars in person) is that, it has great potential. MG can do a 'OnePlus'. I Only wonder, why they haven't started with a small hatchback which can do numbers and help spread the branding. But a premium product with less numbers will be easier to be in control to iron out the initial hiccups.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 11:28   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Good question. My prediction (especially after checking their cars in person) is that, it has great potential. MG can do a 'OnePlus'. I Only wonder, why they haven't started with a small hatchback which can do numbers and help spread the branding. But a premium product with less numbers will be easier to be in control to iron out the initial hiccups.
They can't do a OnePlus if they start with a Kwid style hatchback. What they will end up with in that case would be a Karbonn.

A Creta/Harrier/Compass competitor is ideal ground for doing a OnePlus. Follow that up with a Baleno/i20 competitor and you are in business!
antz.bin is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed