Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2019, 17:22   #1291
BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
You are right, motor insurance does cover rubber/nylon/plastic parts. They are not categorised as consumables.
No. Rubber, Nylon and plastic parts AREN'T categorised as consumables. In case you have availed zero depreciation insurance they are covered. Consumables are generally referred to Nut, Bolts, Engine Oil and all other small parts.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 17:23   #1292
Senior - BHPian

MG is one of the most talked-about and embraced newbie brand in India, recently. It's to the credit of Marketing head Pallavi Singh, the Company has gained traction. Now that she has quit to join BMW, will the marketing still have some bite - needs to be seen! By the way, I'm seeing quite a few MG Hectors on road in Bangalore. Mostly whites! The Brand is very visible
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 19:07   #1293
BHPian

I am in love with this car and had it been my decision solely i would have gone for it. And today after driving the Hybrid Petrol I am even more convinced. I am looking at the base variant but sadly they do not have a TD on offer so I had to make do with the Hybrid Petrol Manual and it was a joy to ride. My SX4 D and Aria growl so badly that I dont feel like buying a diesel car again. When I drove my baleno petrol after the TD the drive feels less refined as compared to hector.

The car is huge but the petrol engine makes it so easy to drive. Surely was a delight to drive and suits my needs but sadly my dad is not convinced so we will be waiting for the initial ownership experience before we book Hector unless Seltos too turns out to be equally good.

On display apart from the top end variants they also had one petrol base variant that has all the features that i need. Attaching some pics. The much talked about plastic around the rear seatbelt lock was not scratched in this one.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-8.jpeg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-7.jpeg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-6.jpeg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-5.jpeg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-4.jpeg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-3.jpeg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-2.jpeg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-1.jpeg  

Last edited by psbali : 17th July 2019 at 19:09. Reason: rephrased
psbali is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 19:16   #1294
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a message from the MG sales person in Cochin stating that MG has crossed 20,000 bookings across India and bookings will be closed on the 19th. A price hike will be applicable on the new bookings. If you book before the 19th you get price protection and early delivery.

I assume this means that bookings at the current prices will close on the 19th and not necessarily that all bookings will close on the 19th. Nonetheless, its commendable that MG has garnered this many bookings for its first product which is a premium vehicle.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 20:05   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I got a message from the MG sales person in Cochin stating that MG has crossed 20,000 bookings across India and bookings will be closed on the 19th. A price hike will be applicable on the new bookings. If you book before the 19th you get price protection and early delivery.

I assume this means that bookings at the current prices will close on the 19th and not necessarily that all bookings will close on the 19th. Nonetheless, its commendable that MG has garnered this many bookings for its first product which is a premium vehicle.

Got the same message from the sales manager of Gurgaon as well. Which means it must be something coming from higher up
sandhyab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 20:46   #1296
BHPian

More of hectors uneven panel gaps

and the sunroofs wind deflector (if that is what its called) is made of extremely thin cloth if someone opens the sunroof and drives even a small bug or tiny stone can pierce it.

Please note the above videos are unlisted and can only be viewed if you have the link
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 22:09   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
I am in love with this car and had it been my decision solely i would have gone for it. And today after driving the Hybrid Petrol I am even more convinced. I am looking at the base variant but sadly they do not have a TD on offer so I had to make do with the Hybrid Petrol Manual and it was a joy to ride.

Omg! The base variant looks much better and sophisticated in pictures than the top end models which have lots of chrome and silver accents splashed all over the exterior of the car. This is a rare such example where the base variant looks better than the higher variants IMHO.

Thanks a lot for sharing these pics!
Storm2.0 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 22:16   #1298
BHPian

Quote:

What the SA here also quoted is that the price is expected to be hiked by Rs. 1 to 1.5 lakhs. Not a very good move if you ask me.
MG should wait for the initial ownership reviews to start coming in & the brand gaining traction - priorities for their first launch. There is plenty of time to make fat profits later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post

and the sunroofs wind deflector (if that is what its called) is made of extremely thin cloth if someone opens the sunroof and drives even a small bug or tiny stone can pierce it.
Panel gap doesn't look too bad. Yes, can be bettered though.
And with the wind deflector, chances of that happening, imo, extremely rare. The cloth will buffer through the air better, thus reducing wind noise. A solid barrier might create wind noise at higher speeds.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 22:20   #1299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post
Got the same message from the sales manager of Gurgaon as well. Which means it must be something coming from higher up
It could be due to the Seltos launch. MG might be trying to lure the people who are sitting on the fence or waiting to check out the Seltos. This is a typical tactics in sales to get more confirmed bookings.

If they indeed plan to hike the price from 20th then they just do it rather than informing the potential customers about the upcoming hike.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 22:23   #1300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
Omg! The base variant looks much better and sophisticated in pictures than the top end models which have lots of chrome and silver accents splashed all over the exterior of the car. This is a rare such example where the base variant looks better than the higher variants IMHO.

Thanks a lot for sharing these pics!
Totally agree. the interiors looks much more elegant and simple. The best part is the "internet inside" badge is gone

Actually the variant just above the base variant may turn out to be best looking. It has the similar simple interiors with silver trimmings, but also has the nice 10.5 inch touchscreen that will give a nice uplift in looks.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th July 2019 at 07:39. Reason: Typos
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 22:25   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
What the SA here also quoted is that the price is expected to be hiked by Rs. 1 to 1.5 lakhs. Not a very good move if you ask me.
MG should wait for the initial ownership reviews to start coming in & the brand gaining traction - priorities for their first launch. There is plenty of time to make fat profits later.

And with the wind deflector, chances of that happening, imo, extremely rare. The cloth will buffer through the air better, thus reducing wind noise. A solid barrier might create wind noise at higher speeds.
1 to 1.5 lacs is almost a 10% hike. I am guessing that the SA is exaggerating to close more sales.

Though if one is serious about buying this beauty then 50k deposit for 6 months waiting period with price protection is not a bad thing. In less than 3 months there will be enough news about any niggles whatsoever giving one plenty of time to decide whether to buy it or not.

The sales guys keep telling me that the petrol engine in hector is from Fiat. Is that true?

Last edited by psbali : 17th July 2019 at 22:31. Reason: typo
Old 17th July 2019, 22:43   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
That’s quite a yawning gap. Tells you about the quality of a Rs.20 Lacs Chinese car.

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th July 2019 at 17:47. Reason: Removing Youtube video from embedded post.
Old 17th July 2019, 22:54   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Check out my other videos posted here, its not the panel gaps that bother me. Its the uneveness of it. If you check my older video of the silver one, it has a huge gap on the left of the car but close to none on the right.
Old 17th July 2019, 23:19   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
That’s quite a yawning gap. Tells you about the quality of a Rs.20 Lacs chinese car.
eh, what has 'Chinese' got to do anything with it? Look at several other new launches from well-established players, few are wide enough to fit an entire thumb through.
I think it'll be down to how soon MG can fix these.

I had a close look at the car myself, multiple times and can vouch that the fit & finish is extremely good.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 23:32   #1305
BHPian

Here is how the hector looks alongside the Kodiaq

The tires don't look that small when seen from the side but do look narrow when seen from the back. I wanted to check the gap between the fender lining and the tire once the wheel is completely rotated to one side, I'm sorry I didn't click a photo of it, but the gap is less than 2 fingers.

This was my 4th trip and first of the diesel variant. Lag is well controlled compared to the DCT, of course, it's manual so you can do something about it even if there is some. 18 kmpl on my TD trip 2 and trip 1 (sorry no photo) had around 350+ kms and it was also 18 kmpl, for such a huge vehicle that number is really good if it actually correct.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190716_171850.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190716_172157.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190717_141844.jpg  

sreejinair is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks